🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello Miranda,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thanks!

Untitled

Help!

I am having the same problem,  you ask for my ID , I upload it  and get rejected,  not sure why - I live in   the U.S. and have a state  ID. Your system, or people don't know what they are doing or what? This is why I ended up on Freelancer in the first place. 

Thank you, 
MIke B

of Glendale Heights, Illinois in the United States of America

Hi Mike,

Please follow the instructions I gave in my most recent reply to another user in this thread so that the support team can assist you. Thanks!

~Nina

Hi Nina, 

This thread is more than 100 pages. Can you repost kindly so I don't have to work to find the answer.  Thanks

Mike,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Thank you!

Fingers crossed. Realy trying to give upwork a chance but it's frustrating to spend weeks verifying who I am. 

Hi Goran,

I too am having problems with uploading my I.D to verify my location. Can you please help?

Thanks.

- Omar S.

Hi Omar,

Please click on a job with a U.S. location requirement, and click on the green link at the top of the page to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there so that they can help you resolve your issue. 

~Nina

Thank you very much, Nina.

WHEN AND HOW?

Hi Namuna,  

Please follow up the ticket our team sent to you, the one that you have answered, our team will answer your question and assist you further through the verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having this same issue.  I've made several attempts, and it just keep "loading" but never finishes.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy, Please click on any job post with a U.S. location requirement You should be able to see a link to contact the Customer Support Team on top of the job post. Please click on the link so that the Customer Support Team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

That would be great; I’ve been trying to upload my ID and no luck 

Hello Dareen,

Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the message displayed when you try to submit proposals to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled

any email id how we get out of this issue

Hi Alex,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you with your verification, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have tried to upload my photo I.d like ten times with different lighting and it won’t seem to register.
I can’t apply to jobs because I can’t verify location. Please help:
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Sophie,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Goran,

I do want to have a local verification. But I don't see any place to do it.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Joshua,

It looks like your location has already been successfully verified. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I didn't do the location verification. And in my profile, there is no map that shows my location.

Please help me with that.

Thanks,

Josh

Joshua,

We look at a number of factors in order to verify a freelancer's location. In some cases, we also ask freelancers to upload an image of their state issued driver's license, ID card or United States passport so that we can verify their location but in some cases it's not necessary.

As for the map, could you please go to your Settings> Contact Info and try updating the address? It should appear in the drop down list when you start typing it.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Help! My verification ID isn’t uploading when I submit a proposal. I’ve done it many times and got locked out. It asked me to contact support. Can you have an agent call me ASAP!

Hi Devin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further with finishing our short verification process, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would also like to verify my location or citizenship but am unable to. Apparently I reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.

Thank you

Hi Christopher and Shawn,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue. I've uploaded my I'd multiple times and it has not been accepted. It says to contact customer support but just takes me to a FAQ page with no direct contact information. Please help.

Hi Albert, and Amber, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am getting the same error? How do I request someone from support to reach out to me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenna, Joe, Aranthea, Essence, Jaime, and Jay, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

hello I am having this problem. 

My passport was rejected and i live in the USA and the photo was correct 

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am Having the same issue my verification is not getting through, i need assistance as well.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Corbin, Tom, Jana, and Benjamin, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having this same issue. Can someone please help me with this as I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

Hi Jesse and Cheryl,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly to assist you in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi everyone,

After several attempt to upload my ID for verification, I've now reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. The photo I was uploading was a clear photo of my passport as a jpeg and under 20mb so I don't understand what was wrong with it.

I've tried to get help via their email system but just get the automated reply giving me a FAQ link which isn't helpful at all.

Thanks.

Hi Ramirez,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran. I am having the same issue with my Illinois State ID not being taken, and I couldn't find any link to sumit a ticket on my own.  Could you help me out?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths