🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
leo2883
Community Member

Hi, I was trying to upload my ID, but I guess there was something wrong, and I'm locked out. How long is the wait until i can attempt again? It kept telling me the names dont match, and when i tried to add the JR thats on my licence but not on my UW account, it doesnt go through.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leonel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bowlin_sam
Community Member

Hi. I am having an issue with my ID scan not recognizing my name. My name on my profile matches my ID and the scan seems ok but the software keeps saying that my names do not match. I clicked the button for customer support and was redirected here many times. Not sure how to contact support at this point.

Thanks, Sam

Hi Sam,

A member of our customer support team will reach out and assist you directly via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zahrahsita
Community Member

Hi. I tried uploading my ID and there was an issue with the upload.  I received a message saying I have reached my max limit for try to upload an ID and to contact Customer Support. 

I think the issue was the device I was using. How do I reach support staff to help me with this? What to do? 

Hi Sadie Therese,

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you via email to assist you further in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
redman6650e
Community Member

message says to contact customer support but there is no way to, it just directs me to this page, please advise, have clear image of my state id

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Keith,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran

charlotte-ward
Community Member

Hi,  Subject says it all.  Can someone from support please reach out to me?

Hi Charlotte,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jrosebrookmaye
Community Member

So, I recently was locked out in verifying my driver's license on UpWork.com after I registered, and I used the correct ID with only one attempt. I have maximized my attempts the systems say, and I was wondering how can I get my ID verified from here?

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

Goran, it seems that I haven't been verified yet. What's going on? I haven't heard from your staff in six hours.

Hi Joshua, 

I checked your account and can see that the team has sent you a message through this support ticket. You may access the link above in order to complete your profile verification. Let us know if our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
alejanicole
Community Member

I have tried multiple times to verify my ID in this website. It always says there was an issue and that i have to try to later. I need help ASAP. I have tried to upload it in the different formats and nothing. Please help.

Hi Alejandra Nicole,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

when is that going to happen? and can i get an email as well?

Hi Alejandra Nicole,

One of our agents reached out to you already and I can see you're communicating with them.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
leary_riley
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I am having the same problem. The name on my Driver's License is clearly my real name but I kept getting the message saying it was different, and then I got shut out. Also, I am concerned because I've recently moved (same area) and my home address is different than my Driver's License so I hope that's not a future problem. TIA!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Riley and Caleigh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cbrookeb
Community Member

I have used up all of my tries to upload my government issued ID and was told to contact customer service. How am I supposed to contact them to resolve this issue?

klidz
Community Member

I'm in need to contact support because I cannot upload my ID for verification.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dwayne,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
talktime
Community Member

olifolif
Community Member

Cannot upload a JPEG file of a passport photo image

Please contact this party at **edited for Community Guidelines** for further details

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rich, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
acadesi
Community Member

I cant do anything about this identity thing. I tried uploading my ID multiple times but i cant. I reached out and emailed upwork but i cant receive help. I just want to get to work. I have a delware license that runs vertically. Please help.

jameskimbrough
Community Member

Hello, I just created my profile and attempted to submit to proposals. However, error message says, " You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." When I attempted to contact customer service (Support Bot), it didn't provide information needed. Is there someone that I can talk to or request a video verification to assist me with uploading my id. Thank You

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jesse-mcc
Community Member

I can't verify my ID to make my profile work. I made sure all of the image requirements were met but it still doesn't work. Please help me!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jesse, Johnathan, and Jesse, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
milena-paulino
Community Member

Hi , i tried to dowload my ID but it didn't work. I just received my Work permit ID and wanted to used it becausae my driver's licence expired and i'am still waiting for the new one. Only my work permit ID has all my current informations. WHy should i do ? Knowing that now i can dowload submit a proposal because it says that : i tried wrong ID too many times. 

Thank you

ndgojackson
Community Member

I have a U.S. Driver's License and have tried several times to verify it, but for some reason it isn't working. What should I do? It's worked fine for verification purposes on other sites. 

Hi Ndgo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
beckyloyer
Community Member

Hello!

I am having trouble verifying my ID. It says the name does not match my profile, but it does. It also says I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID.

Help! Thanks in advance.

Hi Rebecca,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ohjilly
Community Member

I exhausted attempts at uploading my driver's license (image wasn't clear), and now at the top of my profile it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." So I tried that but I keep going in circles. Could someone please assist me? thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jill,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with this. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths