🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
cwsconyers
Community Member

I am unable to verify my ID. I click the verify my ID button on the app and it took me to another job screen multiple times, then said I was unable to attempt to verify anymore. please assist.

keith-nelson90
Community Member

hello avery. is there a link you can send me to make this id verification easier? Its been 2 days and I cant find a support email or any help with my problem and its very frustrating and time consuming. I receive a message that says I tried to verify too many times and to contact support. But where is support? all i see is a chatbot that isnt helpful. Please help!!

jgomez88
Community Member

Whenever I try to upload my driver's liecense for ID verification I get an error, and now it says "You’ve reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID."

I couldn't find a customer service email to contact Upwork directly, please help.

Hello Juan,  

Sorry that your running into issues!   I have had good experiences in the past with upwork support.   You can reach out to the them at the bottom of this page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

there may also be some self help articles available at the same link.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith, De'Ante, and Juan,

I've escalated your account information to our support team.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nikhil_trinet
Community Member

I am trying to verify my I'd but it has some issue with it and says not working. Can you help with me to verify my I'd please ? Thanks !!Nik Patel

martinarutledge
Community Member

I made an error while uploading my ID and now it says I've exceed the max number of tries and to contact customer support. The link provided directs me to a page where I can ask a chatbot or other users. I am stuck in an endless loop no matter what I click. Can an actual human employee of upwork, PLEASE help me? I just want to upload my ID.

Thank you.

I'm in the same boat.

Good luck!

Hi Nikhil, Damian, and Martina,

I've reached out to our support team for your account. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Riri

Hey there

I got a request to verify my ID when I logged in to UpWork.

I uploaded my passport, but it was rejected by a bot. 

Can a human please look at my ID and get me verified so that I can start working?

The email I use for UpWork is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

lance_haug
Community Member

I have made sure all the corners are visible and my id is clearly visible in the 5 pictures I've taken of it but it keeps getting rejected.

Hi Lance,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to assist you further in uploading your ID. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aeliven
Community Member

Hello,

Apologies for bothering you with this issue, as it seems that you receive requests related to this a lot; the program has been unable to authenticate my passport to confirm that I'm working in the United States and a hold has been put on my account. Is there a way that this can be corrected? 

I can be reached at: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

-Evin

Hi Evin, 

Thanks for reaching out. A member of the team will be assisting out to you directly to help assist you with this. We appreciate your patience. 

~ Riri
picky_editor
Community Member

My identity information did not go through correctly. I suspect it was the image quality. I have a new clearer image now but according to Upworks site I have used up my single chance to submit my identification. Help.

I also need help with this, please!

meganlparkins
Community Member

I have tried to upload my ID several times to confirm my identity to apply to jobs.  The system keeps telling me my names don't match.  Please help me resolve this so I can begin applying for positions.

Hi Megan, 

Are you uploading a JPG image of your ID or a PDF document copy? I'm asking because that might make a difference as odd as the question might sound. 

JPG.  I think it's because of how my middle name appears on the ID and I didn't have my middle name on my UpWork profile.  Of course I have added my middle name to my profile now but it says I've exceeded my tries to upload the ID.  Does anyone know how to fix this so I can try again?  Or get someone at UpWork to help?

Hi Ruth, Shayna, Megan H, Megan L, 

Thank you for lettting us look into this. I've reached out to customer support for your profiles. A member of the team will be assisting out to you directly to help assist you with this. We appreciate your patience. 

~ Riri
melarsen
Community Member

I need the number of tries reset on uploading my ID. Who do I contact about that?
jenkins_kavoh
Community Member

After poking around in an attempt to figure out why my DL was unable to be aunthenticated, I came across tips that stated that certain information from my DL should match with my Upwork profile. On my profile I used my middle name as my first name (It's what everyone who knows me calls me and what I always use for all my profiles so I thought nothing of it when I initially set it up), but my middle name is on my DL as my middle name. My address is also different but i've moved as recently as October and sitting at the DMV just for a change of address hasn't been high up on my to-do list. Is their anyway I can resolve this?

Hi Kavoh,

A member of our customer support team will reach out and assist you in uploading your ID for location verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
stacyshrasales
Community Member

I am new at upwork and when I tried to do my profile and update my Id- I got this message- You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support. I only tried one time to upload so I am not sure why that came up. I want to propose on new jobs can someone help me?

Hi Stacy,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alexinnyc
Community Member

Hello -

I need to manually be verified as the system won't accept my uploads. 

Attached please find my driver's license. Please advise. 

Thanks,

Alex

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with verifying your location.

~ Avery
Upwork
intuitivegroup
Community Member

Trying to verify location.  Uploaded passport and it was not accepted.  Need assistance getting verified.

Thanks

Tami

Hi Tami,

You can just mail the upwork support team and they will do a video call with you to verify everything.

Thank you,

Naveen.

Hi Tami, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you and assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
philosophunctor
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support. How do I move forward?

Hi Oscar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
alyshaclarke
Community Member

I received a notice that I've tried to submit my ID for verification too many times and need to talk to someone in customer support. What do I need to do?

Thank you,

Alysha

Hi Alysha,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
crowdfundingpro
Community Member

Hello, I currently live in California but I'm originally from Canada. My license has been suspended for a DUI and I can only submit my Canadian passport for verification but it won't accept it (since I put USA as my home). Can I change my address to my family's house in Toronto? Or what can I do?

Hi Sean,

I can see that you`ve already opened a ticket for this and one of our team members will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can’t get verified if i keep getting told “oops sorry can’t verify you right now” it’s super frustrating
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cindy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kirinichu
Community Member

Hi I have the requirements for the ID verification and I can't do that. Please fix or help me as soon as possible. And please I don't want your copy and paste answers. I fixed my UpWork name to reflect what it says on my ID. I am waiting for approval.

I wish I could contact support directly or open an ticket but your ticketing system does not exist.

minglulee
Community Member

Can I have some assistant with this verification of my account?

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths