🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Identification Error
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ming Lu and Claudia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
claudiagoldsmith
Community Member

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

sherry8jackson
Community Member

I am also having this same issue!

Hi Sherry,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeffersthomas
Community Member

Hi!

I have been trying to upload my personal ID. My account has been put on hold due to the system not being able to recognize the identification. (driver's license). What are the next steps to get this issue resolved?

fresheyes00
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my ID and i'm maxed out on tries. 

ainetheancient
Community Member

I’m having With my identification it says I have reached the maximum number of times I could upload my identification and I was prompted to contact customer service to get help with this issue yet I am going around in circles with a support bot that is just telling me to go here instead I have a proposal request waiting on me but I can’t respond to it due to the lack of identification please help

Hi Christian, Anisha, and Thomas, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you separately to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kteybsye
Community Member

I can’t upload my ID. It says I have reached the maximum attempts.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
nseeber
Community Member

I need a link or code to be sent to me that allows me to do the selfie or video verification. It just says that I have reached the maximum number of tries. I see that there are options for verification methods. But I need to be able to verify so that I can access all jobs. Please get me a request number or send me an email. Thank you!

jacob_plis
Community Member

I've tried a minimum of three times to upload my ID and Passport so I may verify my identity and all it says is to contact support so I would like to contact an actual human being at upwork not just a chatbot I have the necessary IDs can someone please get back to me from upwork?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nali, and Jacob, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey there I was able to verify my location but not able to verify my
documents. Thanks though. Hopefully we get this sorted out soon.
brndimcc
Community Member

Upwork automated system said  the name on my ID doesn't match my profile name but it does.  Is there anyway to contact  Upwork to get this straitened out?

Hi Brandi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
marissa-leonard
Community Member

Spoiler

I've reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID. Each attempt has failed. I need to open a ticket to address this issue. Is this forum the only way to contact support?

jackino
Community Member

Hi guys I am non us citizen living and working in the USA. I would like to be aproved for US jobs hoewever 

As a non us citizen i dont have these types of ID what you provided.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
undine88
Community Member

I'm having trouble with my state Id being accepted. It says that it is not supported but it is a state Id. I made sure everything was visible and included all four corners of my id. Plus it is also the correct file type. Any help that can be given would be much appreciated.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi LaShawnna, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
jmmoren
Community Member

I've uploaded the photo like 20 times or something and it doesn't get through. I changed the DPI. I have an Iphone so the quality should be good. This is very inefficent and beyong frustrating. Also, I can not submit a proposal and it said to contact customer support to fix this but here I am. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jennifer,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jack245
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jing,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ingvillbs
Community Member

Hi!

I've been trying to upload my Florida Drivers Licence, but it's not accepting it.. and now it says that I've reached the maximum of tries. What do I do? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ingvill and Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
erachi
Community Member

I cannot verify my identity it is saying my name doesn't match my id name and that I tried too many times. I also am having trouble updating my account name. 

jordanadams11
Community Member

I am new to upwork and uploaded a photo ID to verify identity. I received an email stating that this document could not be authenticated and that as a result, my account would be placed on hold. There were no instructions as to what should be done next to have the hold lifted, or even an option to submit additional photos of my ID. 

What can I do so that I can get to hold removed and submit the required ID documents?

gmetcalf19
Community Member

After I tired submitting my proof of ID multiple times, even after changing the format to PNG, the system made contact customer support and will no longer allow me to upload.

jonniehalstead
Community Member

Hi! I am new to UpWork - I am trying to verify my identification but had some issues on the first 3 attempts and now the system is saying I have reached the maximum number of tries. Can anyone help me to reset this? With thanks

Hi Jordan, Gabrielle, and Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8mbdavis8
Community Member

So, I tried uploading pictures of my ID, but none of them were accepted.  I ended up trying to upload them too many times, and I've been told I can't try any more.  I was never told why any of my pictures failed, and I was never told I could only try a certain number of times.  Will I be able to try uploading again later?  Nothing is clear, and I am very dissatisfied with how difficult it is to get an answer.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I again tried to verifiy I'm in the US and it was rejected again. I have no idea why and when I contacted support I got a stock answer that didn't fix anything. My ID has my middle name so I added it to the first name box in my profile. Did that help? Hurt? 

And when I click on the contect customer service link and go through the prompts, it derects me here to the community and won't allow me to contact suppot.

joshdenlinger
Community Member

I have tried multiple times to try and upload my Drivers License to verify my ID, but I reached the maximum number of tries.  I am followed all the guidelines but I can no longer try. 

brendanmiddleton
Community Member

I uploaded my current, valid U.S. driver's license and received a message that it couldn't be verified, with no further instructions. When I view potential jobs, it asks me to contact support, but when I click the link, it invites me to post in the community instead. I would be grateful for any guidance on how to complete the identity verification process. Thank you!

Hi Brendan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

By when should I expect to hear from someone? I haven't received any help yet, and my account is still locked and I'm not able to submit any proposals, despite having submitted a current, legible ID. Thank you!

Hi Brendan,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths