🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Please assist with uploading my ID to ver...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello, i have tried to verify my identity with my government issued ID two times and its not going through. What might be the problem? Kindly assist.

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket regarding your verification. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mchale2424
Community Member

I hope you can help, this has been extremely frustrating...  I chose to upload a photo of my driver's license to verify my identity, and received an error message saying that my entered name doesn't match what's on my DL.  I have 2 capital letters in my last name, and my state unnecessarily places adds a space to highlight that fact, so I thought that must have had something to do with it.

I reread the uploading instructions and a couple of additional times tried to re-upload or retool so everything matched, to no avail.  Now it says that I've received my maximum number of upload attempts and to contact support, only after chasing my tail for about an hour through the various site pages, I find there is no direct link to speak to someone about resolving my issue in real time. 

I have no alternative option to attempt to verify I'm me...  I would love to attempt the video verification, but haven't been given a link to try.  Apparently, when it says to contact customer support, UpWorks means to leave a post here...?  Please help!  

I appreciate your time!

Ryan McHale

McHale Voice Productions

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adambo
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my Upwork profile so I can start taking jobs, but every time I try to upload a picture of my driver's license it fails.  Now it's telling me I've made too many attempts and won't let me try again.  I don't know why it isn't accepting the pictures, since they're very clear with my photo and all my information perfectly legible.

Same here!

Same. Upwork failed in this type of mockery.

Hi Ike, 

I wanted to clarif you concern because I'm not sure if you are referring to any identity verification that you are unable to complete? I checked your account and do not see any issue. Let me know if I missed anything so that I can look into it further.

Ike H wrote:

Same. Upwork failed in this type of mockery.

~ Avery
Upwork
adambo
Community Member

Is this an issue that ever gets fixed, or have we essentially been banned from Upworks?

On some of the other message boards, it looks like a community moderator is able to reset the number of times you can upload. I guess we just have to wait. Super frustrating. 

Hi Elisabeth, and Adam, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has inconvenienced you in any way.

~ Avery
Upwork
aroojusmankh
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 

Hi Arooj,

I think you have tried to upload your ID few times incorrect format that's why It shows, Check your email upwork has opened a Ticket for this case and upload there, If you don't see please check with support.

Hi Arooj, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Arooj, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
heifetzlouise
Community Member

I am trying to set up an Upwork freelance account. I live in US but am currently traveling overseas and cannot receive verification code text on my US mobile phone. Any suggestions on how to proceed with my application?

Hi Louise,

Your address on your profile needs to reflect your current location. Let me know the country you`re currently located in and I will update it. Once you`re back in the US you will be able to change your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
manuelrosario24
Community Member

Please assist with uploading my ID to verify my account.I've tried to upload it my self but it keep getting an error 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Manuel JR.

I've escalated your account information to our support team.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jnicolewhipps
Community Member

I've reached the maximum amount of times that I can upload my ID because for some reason it will not recognize it. My state has issued new IDs and I'm sure that it may be because it does not recognize the ID. How can I fix this issue? I need to begin work as soon as possible.

Hi Jasmine, Marisa, Daniel and Lauren

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. I apologize if this has inconvenienced you in any way.

~ Riri
marisafierrova
Community Member

My ID was not accepted during the verification process, I am not sure why.  It is my state issued ID and when I click on the Contact Customer Support banner it only gives me the option to Ask the Community.  I am unable to submit a ticket like I saw in a previous post.  Help!

wireframestudiox
Community Member

I got this message:
"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support"

How can I have someone directly support me to confirm my ID?

laurennecaise
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot apply to anything because it would not allow me to upload my ID, and now tells me I have “reached the maximum amount of attempts” and I should contact support, which I cannot find a way to do. Someone help me out?

Thanks,

Lauren

gebrosky-sierra
Community Member

I tried uploading my driver's license several times but received a message saying I have reached the maximum attempts. How can I verify or resubmit?

Hi Sierra, 

Thank you for reaching out. I've reached out to our Customer Support for your account. A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you with verifying your location. 

~ Riri
prakash_2006
Community Member

Hi,

Please help in uploading my ID as I am unable to apply for any Jobs due to the below message 

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Regards,

Prakash.

Hi JayaPrakash,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mendez-jessica
Community Member

I have not received an email to verify my identity. My government ID matches my name but the message on my profile reads: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Hi Jessica,

One of our customer support agents will reach out and assist further in uploading your ID to complete the location verification step. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I got the same message, saying there's a problem with my ID. 

Hi Loren,

Thank you for reaching out. A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you with verifying your location. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

Hi I was wondering when I’d hear back from someone to verify my identity? Thanks so much.

Hi Jessica,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adams20
Community Member

I wanna verify my ID, I have tried many times but it didn't work and now it tells me that I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. what can I do now ?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also having the same issue - not sure why Upwork rejected my passport while every other bank and website has accepted it. 

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bravin97
Community Member

I need help with ID verification as I depleted the number of uploads you are required to make and now can't get anything done. I would appreciate if you really help me fast and as soon as possible. Thank you in advance

Hi Bravin,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to assist you directly via email, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths