🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not able to upload my id.It says to contact c...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
grandkjw
Community Member

Hello,

I am a new freelancer and I tried to submit a proposal. I was asked to provide ID for verification. I provided a picture of my passport. One minute later and I was advised that it could not be verified and to contact support. What are the next steps to get verification? 

Thank you,

Kristin Grandolfo 

Hi Kristin,

A member of our customer support team will reach out and assist you in uploading your ID to complete the location verification step. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
myvaelaine
Community Member

I have experienced the same error. And No customer service to help me. I fill out the contact form and it never completes just points me here. I would like to fix this so I can apply to jobs.

Hi Tanisha,

A member our the customer support team will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nglazerdev
Community Member

I tried multiple times to get my ID verified, but it was rejected immediately. The picture was unaltered, clear, and had a border. There is a middle initial on my ID, but not on my profile.

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Hi Nicholas, 

I see that one of the customer support team members already reached out to you via email to assist directly. Please refer to the email and follow the steps provided. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket so the agent can assist you efficiently. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b_tobritzhofer
Community Member

Hello, 

I tried submitting a photo of my ID 3 times without success, and I'm now locked out from trying to do it again. I got an error message every time - twice saying it was the wrong type of ID (it's my MN driver's license) and another time saying it was the wrong size. I can't submit any proposals until I get this figured out so I'd greatly appreciate any support. Thanks! 

Hi Brianna,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your ID, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
danielle_fried
Community Member

I tried to upload my unaltered, with borders, jpeg, Driver's License twice and i got an email saying my account is now on hold. There are zero steps in the email to correct this. The chat bot says to post here for an answer. Someone please help!

Hi Danielle, 

One of the customer support team members will reach out to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
christina_noble
Community Member

I've been trying to upload an image of my Massachusetts State ID to verify my location, but every time I try it says that my ID type is unsupported for some reason. The only thing I can think of that might be giving it trouble is Massachusetts has two kinds of state IDs, one which can act as a federal ID similar to a passport and a regular state one like the one I have. If I can send someone the image I am trying to upload it would give me a better idea if I'm doing something wrong on my end. Thank you.

Hi Christina,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to assist you directly via email, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
smita201
Community Member

Not able to upload my id.It says to contact customer support.Please help.

I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution?

Hi Corethia and Subhasmita,

A member of our customer support team will reach out and assist you directly via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
smita201
Community Member

Hi,  After uploading my id, it could not be verified.  How can i proceed ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Subhasmita, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aroojusmankh
Community Member

I am pissed off. 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 

I did validate my US Passport and got the positive response. 

It means on daily basis i have to validate the identity

Hi Arooj, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
stacyjill
Community Member

Hi. I have tried several times to upload my ID but it says it wont take it. HOw can I verify my identity?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacy, 

A member of Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cnewquist
Community Member

I joined Upwork a VERY long time ago. I came back on recently. My profile is complete and I have connects available, but when I go into a job the submit proposal is greyed out and unclickable.

Can someone look into this or offer advice? 

Thank you! 

obreton
Community Member

Hi,

I've tried adding my ID (driver's license) many times without success. Now it is locked and won't let me try again.

Please help.

Olivier

I am having the same issue, it says I have reached the maximum number of uploads. Can someone please help me as well? 

Thank you! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olivier and Colby,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
beatnomad
Community Member

I received the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." I'm now trying to contact customer support. But it's really difficult and convoluted to accomplish this. I get that you want to intentionally make it hard to contact customer support so you're reducing the number of tickets that come in that could have been solved by a help article, but if you're explicitly telling me to contact you, that's a super annoying experience.

Frustrations aside, can someone help? What do I need to do to finally upload my ID and verify my account?

jharvey1012
Community Member

I'm unable to complete my U.S. location verification. I have uploaded a relatively clear picture of my I.D multiple times with failed name verification even though the name matches my profile, and now I've been locked out of the system. The notification is to contact support but there is no way to get direct support that isn't a bot as far as I can tell.

Hi Jonathan, Manisha, and Jessie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
timothymcaleer
Community Member

Is there a way I could be in contact with someone who could help me with this? Thanks.

Hi Timothy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dorzetconllc
Community Member

I’ve been having trouble with submitting my passport as verification. I have an offer i need accept and it won’t allow me because of my passport hasn’t been verified. HELP!

I am having the exact same problem with my Drivers Liscense

Hi Talaya, and Vicki, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
flaviamena
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem can someone help me?

pratt-daniel
Community Member

Hello, I just signed up and was asked to verify my location. I tried uploading my driving license but it failed and I got a notification saying that I have reached a maximum number. Please help

Hi Daniel, Daniel, and Flavia, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you directly to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your response. but up to now no one has contacted me

daniel-kaesa
Community Member

Hello, I have tried uploading my ID for location verification but it says I have reached the maximum number. Please what do I do next?

anthony_brining
Community Member

I've been asked to verify my identity. No problem there, I take the photo according to the regulations, and upload it, but the system keeps denying the photo even though it meets all the parameters. I have now reached the number of attempts available, and am asked to contact support, but there's literally no way to create a ticket. I have been hired by a company and did the interview process outside upwork, they are using upwork for the contract and payments, but it won't let me accept the job until my identity has been verified. I have come to an impasse, This is an urgent matter.

Thanks

Anthony

Hi Anthony, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths