🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID was not approved.
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Corbin C Community Member

I have followed all steps to submit my ID but the program will not recognize it. I have read all requirements and complied. Can I speak to representative to have this resolved?

Jana D Community Member

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."I keep receiving this message but I think I've only tried to upload my ID once.

Can you please help me verify my account?

Tom C Community Member

Hi everyone, am here to see whether I can get help. Am new to upwork and tried uploading my passport to verify my location but I get a notification saying that I have reached the maximum tries...how do I go about it?

David J Community Member

I need the same assistance please

Avery O Community Manager

Hi David, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
David J Community Member

By email? When should I expect to hear back from them?

Yes, David. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email, and you should receive an email from them within 24-hours.

~ Avery
Stacy C Community Member

My ID has still not been verified. I provided all the documentation

Hi Stacy, 

Kindly refer to this notifiication from the team with more information on what you can do to complete your location verification. If you are having issues, please let the team know by posting on the same ticket thread as they are more equipped to assist you with your verification issues.

~ Avery
Liam R Community Member

So I’m brand new to UWork but am having a hard time finding a full time job since my profile shows no past job history and no client reviews.

I’m trying to get into customer service so it’s not something I can do hour long projects for to get a fast positive review.

Any advice and tips? I’m hard working and extremely fluent in english but can’t seem to get any opportunities since I have no experience.
Jennifer M Community Member

prolly not gonna find a full time job on here

Francis O Community Member

I tried to verify identification but it didn't work when took photo of ID, so is there another way to verify so I can begin to submit proposals for jobs.

Hi Francis, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Rachael W Community Member

Hi mine is not working either

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Rachael,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Adam S Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs ! 

I have tried to verify me ID many times but it dosen't work 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Liv G Community Member

I am having the same problem. I tried uploading an ID of my driver's license to verify my location and my account has been put on hold. I tried to directly contact customer support through the green link, but it keeps sending me to the community. Can someone please help me resolve this? Thank you!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Liv,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Yinglong X Community Member

Hi This is my 4th attempt to getting my profile approved, and I keep getting the error message as follows:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

However, there is no button, link or direct support contact for me to click or call to resolve this issue.

Can anyone help me or others who are experiencing this issue, please?

Hi Jade and Yinglong,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jade F Community Member

My ID verification failed and the error message I got told me to contact customer support, but according to the help bot I can't contact them directly, but have to post this here and wait for someone from upwork to help me so I'm just gonna leave this here k thx

Chris S Community Member

My ID was not approved, scan of Indiana State Drivers license. I need this reviewed and approved.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Chris.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Cedric G Community Member

Ive been trying to verify my ID. I uploaded a picture of it and was met with

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

when trying to submit proposal for a job.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths