🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need help verifying my ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
lizmullins
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

My identity verification has failed too many times (rejecting both my passport and driver's license), and support linked me here to ask for help. What should I do to sort this out?

Thanks!

Hi Elizabeth,

We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Thank you, Riri, I appreciate it!

iceprinxy
Community Member

Hello, am unable to verify my identity. I have uploaded my Drivers licence as indicated but it wasn't verified.Because of this, am unable to accept a job offer which was send to me.kindly help in verifying my identity

Hi Laura, 

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist in uploading your ID. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you
yulia_con
Community Member

Hello,

I can't verify my location. It tells me that my name on my drivers license is different form my account Name.
I believe that it gives this error because I have my Middle Name on my drivers license.
Please help

Hi Yulia, 

One of the customer support team members will be reaching out to you directly via support ticket and assist you in uploading your ID. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nicoletolmie
Community Member

Hello, I have the documents required to verify my identity. I'm not sure where to email them or upload them. Thanks

Hi Nicole,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our customer support team members will reach out to you directly via email and assist further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you!
--
Nicole
gihan-tissera
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

I get the above error. I have tried many time uploading my driving license, but the system will not accept it. Thanks. 

Hi Hettiarachige,

One of our customer support team members will reach and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kumarsaransh
Community Member

Hello, I needed to verify my ID via passport and I was trying to upload US visa which has been granted to me. Let me know if that qualifies as a valid choice amongst several IDs given. Also, as I am new to US, that's the only valid proof I can show of myself being in US. It would be great if you could help me in this regard.

Hi Saransh,

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist in uploading your ID to complete the location verification process. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
soylent17
Community Member

I also have had trouble uploading Identity Verification documents and am receiving the following message, which takes me through several prompts before sending me to this forum:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Can support reach out to me as well, please.

Hi Cyrus, Marina and Cristian,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
james196
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am pretty sure my account has been verified but is still telling me that "you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID"? Can someone help??

Thanks, 

James

Hi James,

Please refer to the instructions shared with you on your ticket ending with the numbers 045. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I'm getting the same issue -  "you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID"? Can you please help??

Thanks, 

Nilesh

Hi Nilesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Im getting the same issue.

alvarez_katherin
Community Member

I took a clean photo of my state ID and Upwork rejected it three times and now I can't find the link to verify my account. Can I have someone send me the link to verify my accoun so that I can start applying to projects please!! 

Hi Katherine,

I checked your account and can see that you were able to contact our Customer Support Team so that you can be assisted. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
ashlayshanell
Community Member

I have tried to contact customer support due to receiving an error message that I have exceeded the amount of attempts to verify my identification. Please help!

Hi Ashlay,

One of our customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thanks! 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hannahljohnson
Community Member

Upwork wont verify my address meaning I cant apply to anything. I keep getting messages to contact support but it wont let me talk to anyone. Please help. I need to start applying for jobs ASAP.

Hi Hannah,

A member of our customer support team will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrcjo25
Community Member

I have uploaded three different pictures of my ID and Upwork still can't automatically verify my  enhanced driver's license.  All three photos met the recommended methods for taking photos and uploading them.  What do I need to do now?

Hi Chris,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to you via email and assist in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dcwitt
Community Member

How do I initiate a request to re-validate my ID?

I can't bid on any jobs and the system keeps telling me that i need to contact customer service to validate my ID, but the customer service links all send me here... 

beegreen
Community Member

I had trouble submitting my ID. Links to support a link appear to be dead.

Thank you.

same problem here. I am trying to get to support but no luck

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Inderjeet, and Brittany, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you and assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
flpeanut
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID, but it states that my name does not match?!  I don't know if it is my middle name (required on FL DL) or what is throwing it off?!  I added my middle name to my profile but then I received a message that I had attempted too many times.  Please help as I can not get any work until this is done!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather Lee,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
daniellework
Community Member

I submitted a photo of my drivers license to verify my ID and finish setting up my profile but after submitting the photo, I got a message that it wasn't accepted. Now, every time I try to submit a proposal to a job posting, I get a message that I need to verify my ID by contacting customer support. The issue is that when I click on "contact customer support," it brings me to upwork community. I have no way of getting in contact with anyone from upwork. Can someone please help me?

I am having the same problem. 

I am also having this problem and cannot locate any way to contact support. I have submitted my ID and did not receive an email rejecting or acceptingt it, but I am unable to access the Submit Proposal button on jobs because I receive an error message that I have reached the maximumum number of attempts to submit my ID. Can someone please help me get verified?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danielle, Gauri, and Elizabeth Hodges,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths