🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: verify your identity error
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
premiere-seo-svs
Community Member

I'm having the same isues as well. I got denied after submitting my ID and I'm unable to verify my account. Can someone please contact me so I can get this squared away? Many thanks in advance.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ketsana.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shmorse
Community Member

Can someone please open a support ticket for me as well, same issue

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
strokearts
Community Member

HI,

I HAVE CREATED UPWORK PROFILE BUT IT'S ASKING ME TO VERIFY MY PROFILE BY UPLOADING DOCUMENT, WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD IT'S SAYING I CAN'T VERIFY, PLEASE HELP

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shafaq, 

I wanted to bring your attention to this thread, as I can see you posted again about verifying your location. I merged your posts here so that it's easier for us to track posts that have a related subject. Please know that the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
willmartinez29
Community Member

I tried to send a photo of my ID to confirm my identity but it wasn't accepted. Now I don't know what to do as there is no other option for me to confirm it. 

I AM FACING SAME ISSUE

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve, Will, and Shafaq, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mystque28
Community Member

I am getting the same error. Tried to upload my Driver's License from the app 3 times and it still says unable to verify and can't submit proposals.

melsegovia
Community Member

I was trying to submit a proposal but a verification was required. I uploaded my license and I got an error message saying I have to try again but I couldn't because it said I had reached the limit but I only tried once.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melesio, and Tiajuana, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
erica_van_nest
Community Member

Hello,

I just recently joined the Upwork community, and I was in the process of submitting a proposal for my first potential job. When I began the process I was prompted to upload a photo of my ID. Upon uploading and submitting the photo I was given an error message, and now every time I attempt to view a posting there is a message at the top of the screen prompting me to contact customer support. I attempted to go through the support system with a variety of options but each time I am directed to post in the community, so hopefully someone here will be able to assist me with this. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this!

Hi Erica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jbenapfl
Community Member

Hello,

I have reached the maximum number of attempts to upload my ID for verification. Who can I contact to assist?

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a_huss
Community Member

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anneliese,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
smithjamie20
Community Member

Is anyone else having this problem?   I cannot get Upwork to accept my State I.D.  It shows my middle initial, which I did not use to sign up with Upwork.

Hello Jamie,

You have to have the names exactly the same in your all documents. Please contact Upwork about this cause and they will help you to resolve this.

Shweta
olonnye
Community Member

I tried uploading my id but it kept saying verification failed. My last name is unsual so myabe thats why it failed but I need help with this

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jamie and Olonnye,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I too am having this issue - "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Hi Jeff,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jadaartwork
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot submit any proposals. I've submitted my id but i'm guessing it failed?

I do not mind resubmiting in order to submit a proposal. 

But I got an error as well saying "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support"

Please Help!!

Hi Z, Kurt, and Jada, 

A member of the Customer Support team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
birch-kyle
Community Member

The story is, I have a CDL. It's an Idaho drivers license. It's a Class B CDL with Passenger, School Bus, and Air Brake Endorsements.

I think my drivers license looks differently from what the system expects. It's a valid drivers license. I don't understand. I really want to do this freelance work, and my profile was even approved this morning.

Hi Kyle,

I have private messaged you a direct link where you can upload your ID and documentation to verify your location.

Untitled

Attempting to validate my location is what caused the error "an unsupported id type" to show. I submitted the image again and took a screenshot just to show you what happened after I submitted the picture of my drivers license.

Also, I know for a fact that this is a valid drivers license.

Hi Kyle, 

Yes, we have encountered some issues with the automatic validation process that we are working to fix. The link I messaged you is a manual verification. You can just upload the image and an agent will review it. 

Untitled

Hello Lena, 

I have a similar problem. I live in Colombia but I'm Cuban, so, I have a permanent residence card. When I try to verify my ID with this card, which is completely legal and issued by the Colombian government, the platform says it's an unsupported type of ID. 

Could you help me, please? What can I do, in order to get paid successfuly? 

Thanks in advanced. 

Hi Jenny,

I checked your account and can confirm that your ID was successfully verified, our team has also reached out to you via ticket if further help is needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
izayaa
Community Member

Hi Lena. I have actually encountered the same ID verification issue with my account. Would you be able to send me the same link so I can manually enter my ID information? Thank you!

Here is my drivers license per instructions

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

I had to remove your attachments as it violates our Community Guidelines. Please wait for an email from our Customer Support Team so that you can proceed with verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
andyfree3
Community Member

I cannot find where to upload my verification identification

Go to settings

And then go to Identity Verification

Capture 2.PNG

I am missing that option.  

If you are eligible, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with them for a short video call. After they've confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

At this time, only invited freelancers will become eligible to earn the “Identity Verified” badge, though they plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, they will notify you upon login.

And probably, you need to have some good Job Success Score and good earn from here. 

But the submit button is grayed out on jobs I want to submit on.  Why is that and I have an warning message that says, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact cusomter support

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

It looks like you were trying to verify our location, which is different from the verification process that Rafsun discussed. Rafsun noted the ID Verification Badge which you could read more about here

I'll go ahead and share your account details with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out and assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths