cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload ID

Nick N Member Since: Apr 17, 2019
3291 of 3,464
Hi guys,

I can’t pass the identity verification as my ID was issued outside of the USA (although I live in the USA and focus on the local customers).

How can I pass the identity verification under these circumstances?

Thanks!
Mariah P Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
3292 of 3,464

I get this message

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3293 of 3,464

Hi Mariah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Charlie G Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
3294 of 3,464

I was trying to upload my ID but was unsucessful. It now says the following;

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I'm trying to contact customer support but can get through. Any idea how i can rectify this?

Thanks 

Charlie E. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3295 of 3,464

Hi Charlie,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Laure J Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
3296 of 3,464

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID, and I can't get to the help center because the system keeps dropping me back in the forum. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3297 of 3,464

Hi Laure,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Inmaly I Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
3298 of 3,464

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same thing, but I am wondering if it is because I haven't been verified.

When I researched on having the verification issue, I saw that you need to be contacted by Upwork to verify your identity, however I don't believe that's happened yet.  I attempted to verify my identification by uploading my drivers license (unexpired, clear image, not blurry, all borders in plain view with margins on all sides, not edited in any way) multiple times with no success.

Please advise.

Regards,

Inmaly Inthaly

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3299 of 3,464

Hi Inmaly, 

It looks like you were trying to verify your location, and you are unable to submit bids for job that have  U.S. location requirement. 

I've shared your account with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Sanjay G Member Since: Apr 19, 2019
3300 of 3,464

Hi, I have an Australian passport with a US work visa. I want to only do jobs in the US. When I go to verify my identity, Upwork gives me no option other than US ID Docs of which I have none. My Aussie Drivers' Licence didn't work when tried. What do I do?