🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I've reached the maximum number of tries to u...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
shmorca
Community Member

I received multiple errors when attempting to upload my identification. Now I am locked out from being able to do so, and cannot apply to roles on the site.

The "customer support" link led me to these message boards.

Please assist.

Having the same issues. Hopefully someone has an answer. 

I'm having the same problem. Have you reselved yours yet?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maia, Erica, and Charlie, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
greenphil
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support

Thats the msg I'm getting when I try to submit a proposal

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phil, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ryantodero
Community Member

I am having difficult verifying my identify. I uploaded a photo of my State ID, but I was told there was an issue with the photo and to contact customer service. I think it was because my camera rotated the image when it was uploaded. It says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID" after only uploading once. Can you reset this limit so I can upload it again? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nicksandru
Community Member

After I uploaded my ID the system rejected it. How do I upload a new photo of my ID? The 'Verify Now' link is no longer present in my account.

--

Nick S

Hi Nichita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
oscarb307
Community Member

I get the following message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

Pleae advise

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oscar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mainhu57
Community Member

I uploaded my driver license and the system cannot recognize it so it stated that "you reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.". What should I do now? Please help me. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nhu.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
steve45058
Community Member

I need to find out why Upwork did not accept my passport photo.

I am trying to get verified so I can do some work

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
drewl217
Community Member

I've tried uploading my passport photo but it did not accept my ID -- could I please also be directly contacted via a support ticket to resolve this? Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Drew, and Nick, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I still have not received anything Bojan

Hi Steven,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket with detailed instructions on how to complete your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
leadhit
Community Member

Hi guys,

I can’t pass the identity verification as my ID was issued outside of the USA (although I live in the USA and focus on the local customers).

How can I pass the identity verification under these circumstances?

Thanks!
ccsmllc
Community Member

I get this message

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mariah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
charliegeorge75
Community Member

I was trying to upload my ID but was unsucessful. It now says the following;

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I'm trying to contact customer support but can get through. Any idea how i can rectify this?

Thanks 

Charlie E. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Charlie,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
justice_laure
Community Member

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID, and I can't get to the help center because the system keeps dropping me back in the forum. 

Hi Laure,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
starassistva
Community Member

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same thing, but I am wondering if it is because I haven't been verified.

When I researched on having the verification issue, I saw that you need to be contacted by Upwork to verify your identity, however I don't believe that's happened yet.  I attempted to verify my identification by uploading my drivers license (unexpired, clear image, not blurry, all borders in plain view with margins on all sides, not edited in any way) multiple times with no success.

Please advise.

Regards,

Inmaly Inthaly

Hi Inmaly, 

It looks like you were trying to verify your location, and you are unable to submit bids for job that have  U.S. location requirement. 

I've shared your account with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sanjayg40
Community Member

Hi, I have an Australian passport with a US work visa. I want to only do jobs in the US. When I go to verify my identity, Upwork gives me no option other than US ID Docs of which I have none. My Aussie Drivers' Licence didn't work when tried. What do I do?

Hi Sanjay,

~ Goran
Upwork
jmakka-agonafer
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am unable to verify my US State ID. I have tried several times. I don't want to try too many times and get locked out. Can someone please help me? 

Hi Joseph, 

Could you please try verifying your account once again? If you have attempted to try your verification, and maxed out on your attempts, the Customer Support Team will be able to reset it for you at any time. In this case, please retry it again, and you can come back to this thread to let us know if you are unable to do so. 

I would like to clarify that you will not get locked out from your account if you fail verifying your location. You will only be unable to verify your location, but should be able to continue to use your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have tried several more times with no luck. I am going to try until I max
out my attempts. Will post here when I have done so.

there are so many posts on here where users say they struggle with the same problem. The answers from moderators are always the same: someone will contact you. Could you at this time have someone contact me because I clearly need help. This process is so frustrating. 

Hi Joseph, 

I would like to clarify that the users who came here to the Community maxed out on their attempts to verify their location. As such, they needed assistance with contacting the Customer Support Team so that they can manually go through the location verification.

The team and I checked your account, and they have confirmed that you haven't tried verifying your location yet. Verifying your location by uploading your ID through the link on your profile notification will eliminate the step of having to go through manual verification. Please try verifying through the system first, and if you max out on attempts, you can post again on this thread, and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery, 

I've literally tried 30 times to upload my State ID. So I have tried several times. Can you advise home many times I have to do it to max out my chances? 

Hi Joseph,

Even if you max out the attempts our team can still assist you further with verifying your location. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible with more details about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
radudalas
Community Member

Hello there, I'm trying to activate my account but when asked for the phone number it says that it failed to verify. Tried clearing my cookies and do this from an incognito window as I have seen on other posts but didn't work. Please help.

Hi Radu,

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths