cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't verify my US State ID

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3301 of 3,481

Hi Sanjay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Joseph M Member Since: Apr 21, 2019
3302 of 3,481

Hi there, 

I am unable to verify my US State ID. I have tried several times. I don't want to try too many times and get locked out. Can someone please help me? 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3303 of 3,481

Hi Joseph, 

Could you please try verifying your account once again? If you have attempted to try your verification, and maxed out on your attempts, the Customer Support Team will be able to reset it for you at any time. In this case, please retry it again, and you can come back to this thread to let us know if you are unable to do so. 

I would like to clarify that you will not get locked out from your account if you fail verifying your location. You will only be unable to verify your location, but should be able to continue to use your Upwork account. 

-Avery
Untitled
3304 of 3,481
I have tried several more times with no luck. I am going to try until I max
out my attempts. Will post here when I have done so.
3305 of 3,481

there are so many posts on here where users say they struggle with the same problem. The answers from moderators are always the same: someone will contact you. Could you at this time have someone contact me because I clearly need help. This process is so frustrating. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3306 of 3,481

Hi Joseph, 

I would like to clarify that the users who came here to the Community maxed out on their attempts to verify their location. As such, they needed assistance with contacting the Customer Support Team so that they can manually go through the location verification.

The team and I checked your account, and they have confirmed that you haven't tried verifying your location yet. Verifying your location by uploading your ID through the link on your profile notification will eliminate the step of having to go through manual verification. Please try verifying through the system first, and if you max out on attempts, you can post again on this thread, and our team will assist you. 

-Avery
Untitled
3307 of 3,481

Avery, 

I've literally tried 30 times to upload my State ID. So I have tried several times. Can you advise home many times I have to do it to max out my chances? 

3308 of 3,481

Hi Joseph,

Even if you max out the attempts our team can still assist you further with verifying your location. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible with more details about this. Thank you.

Untitled
Radu D Member Since: Apr 21, 2019
3309 of 3,481

Hello there, I'm trying to activate my account but when asked for the phone number it says that it failed to verify. Tried clearing my cookies and do this from an incognito window as I have seen on other posts but didn't work. Please help.

3310 of 3,481

Hi Radu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS