🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID Verification ID not accepted
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
msbrown136
Community Member

I've reached the maximum attempts at verification. I keep being told to contact support, but I don't see a number/email/request form to contact them and the chat just keeps saying the same things over and over again.

Hi Kennethian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gallchardik
Community Member

My name in Upwork profile is same as my Driving license, Still i get the error that there is name mismatch. 

Pls solve this 

Thanks

Hi Hardik,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
krishnaveni_sub
Community Member

I have my H4 EAD card with me. but i couldnt find an option to select. under which verification type section, i have to select? in order to upload EAD card?

Hi Krishna Veni,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a driver's license, ID card, Green Card or the United States passport. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify the location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
julius_kiprotich
Community Member

I am having the same issue, when I tried to upload my drivers licenses, it said it could not because of my address- how can I fix this please?

Hi Julius,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
austinbarrow
Community Member

Ok, this shouldn't be that hard. I took a picture of my ID with my phone and uploaded it to the site and it was rejected. I've tried three different pictures. What's the deal?

Ok, my ID is now under review. It seems that the fifth time was the key! I submitted the same photo each time, and it finally accepted it. It now says that it will be verified in one business day, so we shall see. Fingers crossed!

yumibren
Community Member

I got a message saying that I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID onto upwork. My brand new ID is in the mail and I've been trying to use my temporary ID. It did not accept it and now I've used up my attempts doing this. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brenda,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cmossman
Community Member

I have over 200 connects but I am unable to submit for proposals.  The option button to submit is not active.  How can this be fixed?

Hi Carly and Whitney,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concerns to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Can you please let me know the status of the issue where I cannot submit for proposals?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
circadianslip
Community Member

Hello!

I'm trying to verify my identity currently. I tried to upload my passport, but then I got an error followed by a pop-up on the home screen of Upwork that I submitted my ID too many times and that I have to contact Upwork to move forward with the process.

If I click on the 'contact Upwork' link, it takes me to the support center where I'm seemingly able to contact Upwork and ask for ID verification. However, once I arrive I'm immediately forwarded to the home screen. 

I have called Upwork support and they haven't been able to help either. They tried to send me emails allowing me to upload my ID, but I still haven't received any emails.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tally

Hi Tally, 

We checked your account for you and can see that you have an open ticket being handled by the teamWe'll go ahead and follow up your ticket with the team, and feel free to reply on the same ticket thread so that they can assist you further. 

~ Riri

Thanks, Riri!

I think there is still an issue though, because I'm still not receiving any emails, and haven't received a single email once from Upwork, except an email verification.

It almost seems like my email is blocked for some reason.

The last thing: it looks as though when I click on that 'team' link you have in your reply, it takes me to multiple forwarded URL's. One of them that stands out is an 'upwork.zendesk', but immediately after it forwards me to the homepage. Is there a Zendesk support ticket page I can see the responses or status of this?

Tally

Hi Tally, 

Are you able to access this link? All your open, and closed tickets should be listed on that page. If you're still unable to access it, let us know and our team will assist you.  

~ Avery
Upwork

I am not able to access that link, unfortunately. It just redirects me to the home page.

I tried in a different browser as well with no luck.

Thanks

Hi Tally, 

I'll forward your concern to the team and I will get back to you once I have more information. In the meantime, could you please check if you are able to locate an email in your email inbox with this subject "Call : Location verification/identity verification?" 

Let me know so that I can follow up on my report.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I do not see that email in my inbox. The only emails I'm getting are from Upwork Community, e.g. responses and topics in the community. Everything else I seemingly should be receiving in my inbox, I'm simply not. Also, I can verify that the emails are not in my spam, trash, or any other folder.

Would it be best to change my email you think?

Tally

Hi Tally, 

Could you please check if you are able to access this link already? Please also try accessing this link if you are unable to access the first link I sent you. Hopefully it works this time. 

Let me know!

~ Avery
Upwork
spider-guy
Community Member

So I tried to upload my ID picture and everytime I did it got rejected. I've officially run out of attempts to upload my ID as well. I read the guidelines and did everything I was supposed to do. I don't know why its being such a pain.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with your account.

~ Riri
whitneyrlarson
Community Member

My location settings are incorrect and I can't fix them - Can someone from UpWork please contact me to verify my location as U.S.

Hi Whitney,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
alyssameshechek
Community Member

I have tried to upload a photo of my drivers license to verify my identity and it will not work. I have been given a link to upload an I.d. or passport and I dont have either of those. Can someone contact me to do verification with a video call

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Please let me know if this is resolved and if so how to stop the email notifications
freeman-james
Community Member

I am having this issue and have no other account as well. I currently have the last didigt a 4 and it should be a 5 but won't let me put it in.

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
luhildebra
Community Member

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clara,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
l_moman
Community Member

I've uploaded both my passport and my driver's license. Neither is accepted. The app says my name is incorrect, but it isn't. I've tried different lighting and different formats. Very frustrating.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lauren, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you to assist you with your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jemwriter
Community Member

Could I please get someone from Upwork to contact me regarding difficulty with ID verification?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

~ Bojan
Upwork
mattiacella
Community Member

Hey guys!

So I am an international student from Italy and UpWork is asking me to add a US government document. My passport is italian though, just like my drivers license. The address on my ID needs to match my profile one, but I don't have any US ID that matches my current address.

Should I change my address as the one in Italy and just go ahead with that? The thing is that I am NYC based so that doens't help at all I guess. 

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths