🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Uploading Drivers License For Verificatio...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Thank you for following up, Paige.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ibranishpat
Community Member

Hello,

I have been asked to upload me ID but I do not feel comfortable at all sending my personal data to a computer. I heard from my friend I can also do a video chat, and I am comfortable with showing my face, but not my personal data. 

How do I do a video ID? I am currently residing in NY.

If it is a MUST to upload my personal data, then it's a risk I am not willing to take, as I've had issues previously with attempted identity theft. 

Thanks

Hello Shpat, don't worry about all you heard. In video verification, there will be some basic questions about your profile, expertise, and jobs. You just need to keep your National Identity Card with you during video verification. there is a verification option in your profile setting you have to scan your Identity card and upload it there. that's it. 

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have worked with Freelancer.com previouly which is where I had the problem of personal data invasion and still there are profiles with my name where I am not the owner.

Is there an option te be sent mail instead of putting my document online? I would much prefer that, and I am fine with showing my ID on video too, I just don't want to upload it.

Thanks

Hi Shpat,

We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We have an extremely secure upload and storage tool with three layers of data encryption, allowing us to apply rigorous security standards while ensuring your identity verification documents remain in strictest confidence. Your identity info is only temporarily stored. Once we have verified it, it is deleted. We handle all verification data with the same degree of care that we give all Personally Identifiable Information, as explained in our Privacy Policy.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, you must upload your documents (ID) and complete your identity verification process. And fell comfortable with upwork. Every freelancer must go through this verification process. 

Video verification is another step of verification. You will be notified by upwork when you will need to complete the video verification process.

Without completing these steps you can not continue on upwork.

scottdavis56
Community Member

Hi there,

I am unable to verify my ID in the US and I am also unable to see any available work in the US for my Agency could you please help with these?

Thanks

Hi Scott,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yara-alsukhni
Community Member

hi ... i need help about how to Get my ID re-verified after i reached the maximum tries to verify it ?

Hi Yara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
knhall725
Community Member

Hi everyone.

I received the error message that my ID could not be verified. I live in Illinois so my license has lots of holographic strips on and the lighting of the room I am in is terrible so maybe that was my issue? I held the license up as to better show in the lighting but made sure all the corners were visible and that there was a border.. Please help.

Hi Kiersten,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly in verifying your location. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pegf
Community Member

a message on my pages reads: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

How do I post or send the right information?

Hi Peg,

I've shared your concern with our customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fridal-jake
Community Member

Hi! I've tried to get my driver's license photo to be verified, but it isn't working. It probably has to do with the fact that it's still a vertical license (below 21). I'm currently 22, but haven't gotten it switched over. Is there still a way for me to get it verified so I can start work?

Thanks!

Hi Jake, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

Let me know if I can further assist you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
heir142
Community Member

Hi Community,

I could use your help getting my ID verified.

I got the pop-up each time I want to submit a proposal.

"You still need to verify your ID to access all jobs. Verify your ID now."

Christopher, exactly what's your question?

It appears that you simply need to select "Verify your ID now" and follow the instructions.

I need the link from Upwork customer support to verify my ID. 

heir142
Community Member

The "verify now" link isn't working, so I need Upwork support to send the link for the ID verification

Hi Christopher Marc,

I've shared your concern with our customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
chculton
Community Member

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating my Upwork account. Upwork asked me to verify my ID. While my ID is my full legal ID and the picture matched all of the criteria, nearly immediately after submitting the ID I was notified that Upwork was unable verify my ID. I believe this issue stems from my profile name not originally matching my FULL name on my ID (though I did change it when submitting my ID).

My only question is that my account has been put on hold now and I don't see how I can resolve this issue as there is not a place I can find where I can reupload my ID or try again. What can I do to resolve this issue and get my account verified and reopened?

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Hans,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Thank you for the quick reply! I am following up with the ticket now.
Community Member

Every time I try to upload my driver's license it says that only images are allowed. I have all formats accepted and keep getting the same error - it says only images can be uploaded.

Hi Angeles, do you try with another browser? 

Hi Angeles,

I see that you already chatted with our team regarding uploading your driver's license for verification. Please refer to the link that was shared to you via chat so that you can submit your driver's license. If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ajaicombelic
Community Member

Hello,

My passport was declined, how can I try again?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ajai.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
klee1314
Community Member

Hello,

I've reached the maximum number of uploads for identity verification. Can a support personnel please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mikebergincomedy
Community Member

Ok, so why is it that clicking on any of your respective profile names yields an insufficient privileges error?

Many of us have worked at company's where technical support volume is extremely high and yet the POC information is very easily located and being purposefully elusive simply isn't an option.

With that, I've been unable to get passed the preliminary account creation, and reply to interested suitors, due to this error:

[[ You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. ]]

While I know this question is quite fundamental, I simply can't invest any more time looping back to the same starting point and getting no where.

What must I do to get passed this point, practically and in simple terms?

Thanks in advance. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cvdsouza
Community Member

I just had my account verified, yet if I try to submit a proposal I see this message:

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria: Location: United States, UTC-06:00.

I reside in the US. I also do not see an option for Identity Verification under my settings. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cherie,

It looks like you have successfully verified your location. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sabrinamc
Community Member

Hello,

I originally tried to sign up for upwork back in September when I was deployed overseas.  It asked me to verify my phone number, and at the time I did not have service.  Now, I am trying to sign up for Upwork but when I go to sign up it says:

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

How can I allow it to let me try to verify my phone number again since I failed to verify it initially when I was deployed?

-Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
alessishanta
Community Member

hi, guys 

I finally got my first job offer, but I can not accept it because I couldn't upload my ID. I reached my maximum number of tries to upload my ID so it is locked. I Need HELPPP.

Hi,

Kindly share the screehsots that consist error and submit it to upwork support team they will response and assist you better.

I have been trying to figure out how to contact them directly. ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths