cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government ID Verification and Video Chat Request is not working

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3461 of 3,769

Hi Suma, 

It looks like you were able to file a ticket with the Customer Support Team regarding the same issue. If you need further help, you can update the ticket at any time, and the team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Elvis K Member Since: Jun 7, 2019
3462 of 3,769

Hi, I have troubles with verifying my ID. I have followed the guidelines and already did upload my state ID, however it always tells me it has issues verifying my document. How can I solve this?

Kind regards

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3463 of 3,769

Hi Elvis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Denise L Member Since: Jun 7, 2019
3464 of 3,769

I am trying to upload my driver license but am told that the name on my DL does not match my profile; but it does. Any suggestions?

3465 of 3,769

Hi Denise,

I just checked your account and it looks like you have already successfully verified your location. Let us know if you need any further assistance, we're here to help. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Matthew C Member Since: Jun 7, 2019
3466 of 3,769

Upon submitting my government ID (aka my driver's license) onto upwork multiple times, the system could not read nor verify it. When it came to that I requested having a video verification chat but the notification for that and trying to get a video chat done is not working. I have recieved no video verification notification and I am stuck now. I really wish to work with upwork and its brilliant platform but it won't let me go ahead and verify my ID. Please help!

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
3467 of 3,769

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
Matthew C Member Since: Jun 7, 2019
3468 of 3,769

I followed through on the resubmission link. How will I be notified if I am finally verified? I barely even got notified about not being verified because it showed up as I was applying for a gig. I wasn't even notified properly in my notification bar. SMH

3469 of 3,769

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for reaching to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Anthony C Member Since: Jun 8, 2019
3470 of 3,769

I've seen this issue on here before but I've followed all guidelines specified in others' requests, and still have no success. I've spent my time creating and setting up this profile, as well as taking tests to show my skills, and yet my identity verification failed. I used a regular photo of my Driver's License, sitting flat on my desk and it is perfectly clear, yet the ID verification failed 3 times. Now my account is on hold and I am unable to accept any contracts or create any proposals. Very frustrating.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS