🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account on Hold
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Alessi,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

It may helpful for you.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us
carolyne_corelli
Community Member

It keeps bringing this pop-up on my screen.

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Trying to contact Upwork support, but re-directing me to the Upwork community forum. Would appreciate help from an Upwork support agent here.

Thank you!

Hi Carolyne,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
danielmoore13
Community Member

I am getting the "this number is already in use" message. I have no other number to use, and I have no idea what other email I might have signed up with (I tried three others I remember using in the last few years).

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! It has been (4) days and I have not been contacted about a solution.

Hi Daniel,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
watersjessica
Community Member

I have been sent a job invite, and accepted it, but every time i try and do anything on the site, I am directed back to my profile, where it asks for my phone number for verification, but when I enter my phone number, I get this message: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."  That, however, is the only phone number I have. When i began to fill out Upwork forms earlier this year, i submitted my phone number and waited and waited for the verification code.. it never arrived.. contacted customer support, and they asked for my phone number .. yet again.. and wanted to call me. After doing a search for reviews on UpWork, i came across a LOT of customer complaints about the phone verification code not working, and it made (and still makes me) a bit suspicious about your process.. so i simply left the profile unfinished did not utilize your service... However, the job I found through their own job board, utilizes UpWork for pay, and sent me a job invite, so I will have to complete the process... can the verification process please be reset, and fixed so that I am sent a verification code, as I do not have any interest in receiving a phone call from you.

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
angjon
Community Member

I am unable to upload my state issued ID. When I try to verify I am met with an error notification, stating my ID is an unacceptable form. It is not. My ID is a NM issued  Identification Card.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
angjon
Community Member

Hello! I was never reached out to. Recently posted another request for help. 

Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela, 

I checked your account and can see that the team has reached out to you last 7-June, with the email "Verification." You should be able to access this ticket with Ticket# 25747624 through your support page here. Kindly refer to to the ticket for more information on how you can complete your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lchiddix
Community Member

As requested, I uploaded a jped of my US passport but it failed for some unknown reason and now my account is on hold.  Any suggestions for how I can move through this and get the hold removed so I can start working?

Thanks,

LC

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lacey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I uploaded a photo of my drivers license once, and then got an error message saying "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. "
I sent an enquiry to Upwork support, but never got a reply back.

How can I verify my account?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hannah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumanak
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to confirm my ID. I uploaded by id twice, but the application could not validate it. I am just not able to find the link to upload my Id any more with better photograph. This is so frustrating. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suma, 

It looks like you were able to file a ticket with the Customer Support Team regarding the same issue. If you need further help, you can update the ticket at any time, and the team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
ekahric01
Community Member

Hi, I have troubles with verifying my ID. I have followed the guidelines and already did upload my state ID, however it always tells me it has issues verifying my document. How can I solve this?

Kind regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elvis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
deniselee08
Community Member

I am trying to upload my driver license but am told that the name on my DL does not match my profile; but it does. Any suggestions?

Hi Denise,

I just checked your account and it looks like you have already successfully verified your location. Let us know if you need any further assistance, we're here to help. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mattproc24
Community Member

Upon submitting my government ID (aka my driver's license) onto upwork multiple times, the system could not read nor verify it. When it came to that I requested having a video verification chat but the notification for that and trying to get a video chat done is not working. I have recieved no video verification notification and I am stuck now. I really wish to work with upwork and its brilliant platform but it won't let me go ahead and verify my ID. Please help!

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I followed through on the resubmission link. How will I be notified if I am finally verified? I barely even got notified about not being verified because it showed up as I was applying for a gig. I wasn't even notified properly in my notification bar. SMH

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for reaching to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0xanthony
Community Member

I've seen this issue on here before but I've followed all guidelines specified in others' requests, and still have no success. I've spent my time creating and setting up this profile, as well as taking tests to show my skills, and yet my identity verification failed. I used a regular photo of my Driver's License, sitting flat on my desk and it is perfectly clear, yet the ID verification failed 3 times. Now my account is on hold and I am unable to accept any contracts or create any proposals. Very frustrating.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
alandwalker
Community Member

May I raise a support ticket, please?  I was told in February that I'd been approved - but today (my first time on the site since February) I find I can't submit proposals. Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
akcamperdude
Community Member

Same as everybody else...I got an email saying on hold after ID verfication failed. No instructions on what to do next...please advise.

Hi Zachary,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c_heifort
Community Member

I am having the same problem. All I need to do is verify my identity and I have not received an email request to do so. After spending much time fishing through the website, all I have accomplished is to view others questions and there is no link to email support either.

Hi Cathy,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c_heifort
Community Member

I have created a profile, and when I tried to upload a pic of my ID, it failed the upload one try after the other. If I try to submit a proposal, I see the same error message above the top of each job post (pic attached). When I emailed customer support, they said to try and change the name on my profile to the name on my ID and it should just take 24 hours to update and I could move forward. I update my name from Cathy to Catherine (name on ID) but this doesn’t make any sense because there is no ID to compare it to since it wouldn’t upload. This is crazy. There is also no place on my profile, contact info area, etc where I may try to upload a photo again! Here is the email: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Catherine,

I can see that you`ve followed up directly on your ticket and one of our team members will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
graham-nelson
Community Member

Hi, I'm a fairly new user located in the United States. I'm also a United States citizen. I followed the instructions and took a picture of my (U.S.) passport for authentication — bio page, four corners visible, not blurry, etc. I think my thumb was in the frame, but I hope you'll forgive me for that.

I received a message that you were unable to authenticate it, and that you'd be following up via email. However, the email simply states that you've put my account on hold for "the safety of the marketplace." There are *no* next steps; no suggestions to resubmit; no instructions on who to contact to fix the matter. Can you please help?

Sidenote: if your automatic authentication system isn't up to snuff, you *might* want to have a better solution for handling this.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Graham.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths