🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID upload showing wrong name
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
sarahjanep
Community Member

Hi, I need to verify my location (USA). I don't yet have any of the doucments for the automated process (I don't drive and I'm on a visa). How can I verify my location?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah, 

I wanted to confirm if you have the proper work documents to be able to work on Upwork as a freelancer? It would be best to check with a legal authority if you can use your current visa to work as a freelancer in the U.S. If everything's in order, let me know so that I can check this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
natalia-walicki
Community Member

Hi All,

I recently moved to London from San Francisco and am doing some freelance work. I want to be able to find work in the UK and in the US, but I can't seem to adjust my search settings. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Natalia

Hi Natalia,

The US-only setting isn't referring to the freelancer's country of origin. It allows clients to specify that they are looking for freelancers who are physically located in the U.S. at the moment. There may be various reasons why a client may use that option. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country a preferable way for them.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi There!

Thanks so much. My problem isn't solved, though. I would like to see jobs
in the US and the UK. How do I change those settings in my profile? Or how
do I change those settings when looking for jobs?
lizp0229
Community Member

When I try to upload my ID for verification, it shows the wrong last name. This last name was from a previous marriage. Everything else is under correct name.

Hi Lizette,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you further via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pebrown
Community Member

I have tried 5 images a total of time times without success. What is next

Hi Philip,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket for this concern. A member our team will update your ticket and assist you further in completing the location verification step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
trustedresource
Community Member

I am a permanent resident of US. I am originally an Indian who got married to a US Citizen 5 years back and have been settled here in Durham, North Carolina with my husband and child since the last 5 years. While here, I have worked in 4 different companies on contract jobs. My last contract job lasted for 2.5 years in Lenovo - Morrisville, North Carolina. My Green Card expired on 9/18/2016. And I received an I-751 Green Card Extension Notice from the Immigration office on 7/18/2017, extending my Green Card by another year. When I called them up, they mentioned that the green card process is currently on backlog since the year 2016 and that my Green Card status is indefinitely extended till I get an official Green Card or Citizenship, as I am married to a US Citizen and have a 3 year old US Citizen child with him. They mentioned that at present my i751 Notice should be used as a form of Green Card identification and that in the future, I can always get more letters issued from the immigration office, whenever I need one to prove my Green Card status. Given this situation, how do I verify my US-based location to get US-based projects on Upwork.com? Please advise.

Hi Arnica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have a similar issue - my green card passed its expiry date but I have an extension because it takes up to a year for a new one to be sent out in the mail. Please advise, thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Xin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
xinlewis
Community Member

Hi, just following up on this. Please let me know whom I can get in touch with thanks

Hi Xin,

Di you receive a notification requesting that you verify your location?

~ Joanne
Upwork
eawaimusic
Community Member

I got a message that I exceeded maximum number of attempts to verify my identity. I only made one attempt to upload my passport photo. How long will my account be on hold and what are the next steps? The e-mail I received didn't give me any information about how or when this issue will be resolved.

Hi Erica, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

Hello - I am having the same issue as Erica.  When I attempt to submit a proposal, I get an  error that says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." Can you please assist?  Thank you! - Justine Parks Rose

Hi Justine, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
megankomm
Community Member

I tried to verify my identity by uploading a picture of my driver's license, and my account was immediately placed on hold. How do I fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Megan Komm.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ssharp5
Community Member

I have been locked from submitting my ID when I have the exact information on my ID and submit in .png.

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else

~ Riri
kb2020a
Community Member

The system is asking me to contact customer support. I have a new photo how do I upload it since the button is disabled to upload /verify?

lysis10
Community Member

lol

Hi Kumar,

Just to confirm, are you trying to change your profile picture or you are trying to verify your identity?

~ Joanne
Upwork
kb2020a
Community Member

I am only trying to verify my identity by uploading a ID

Hi Kumar, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Riri
thomasdtp
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to create an account but I cannot verify my phone number. I am not even recieving the verification code, or do I get an opportunity to put one in.

Hi Denzel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lizhang01
Community Member

Hello all,

I am a new comer to Upwork. I got a payment from an offer. When I wanted to accept the offer,  I met some problem when verifying my ID.

I tried my passport and employment card but it didn't work yesterday.

Now it shows me the message like below

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I don't know how to solve the problem. Even when I submitted my requests, there is no one answering my question. And I can't find my requests number either.

Is there anyone can help me?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi LI,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have had the exact same problem as lots of others here. My id was rejected outright.

I don't seem to be able to open a support ticket in the help centre.

And now my account is on hold.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Verity.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
laurenlampkin
Community Member

I created a new freelancer account and when I uploaded my drivers license, I received an email that it could not be verified and that my account is put on hold. I cannot submit proposals. How do I reverse the hold? How do I submit my ID again? How do I reach an actual support person from UpWork and not the chat bot?

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else

~ Riri
anushrinayak
Community Member

Hi,

At the moment I do not have a state id or drivers licence. However i do have a state issue (Minnesota) temp id. I'm eligible to work in the US and have supporting documents for it.

I do have passport from my home country (India) and visa and work authorization docs for US.

Anushri N wrote:

Hi,

At the moment I do not have a state id or drivers licence. However i do have a state issue (Minnesota) temp id. I'm eligible to work in the US and have supporting documents for it.

I do have passport from my home country (India) and visa and work authorization docs for US.

Do the same post once again. Change it a bit, though.

Hi Anushri,

A member of our team will reach out and assist you directly via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jonashall
Community Member

Hi there,

When I try to confirm my phone number with the code that Upwork sends to my phone, the message is not coming through. Can someone from Upwork contact me so we can get this solved?

Thanks,

Jonas

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths