cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hold on account after failed verification

Steve L Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3531 of 3,653

After updating my profile, it asks me to verify my phone number. When I enter my number and click "Verify Phone Number", nothing happens. Can a moderator please help?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3532 of 3,653

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Nic P Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
3533 of 3,653

I uploaded a photo of my ID, and for reasons unbeknownst to me, it was unable to be verified. I haven't found any other way of contacting anyone, but any help would be appreciated!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3534 of 3,653

Hi Nic,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Ellen V Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
3535 of 3,653

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue. Logged in to Upwork after haven't done so in a while, was asked to upload my ID. I did and got the message the Upwork wasn't able to autheticate my ID. What can I do to solve this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3536 of 3,653

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ellen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nithya S Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
3537 of 3,653

Hi,

I was in US for last few years and now relocating to Canada. I would like to continue my job of freelancing to US employer through Upwork.I hope this is allowed thru Upwork. 

But I would like to know whether Upwork will be providing me with Tax forms for Canada at the end of financial year.

3538 of 3,653

Hi Nithya,

You may need to consult a local tax advisor about proper ways to report your Upwork income to your country's tax authorities while in Canada.

The US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nithya S Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
3539 of 3,653
Thanks for your reply.
But is there any tax related form like W-2 or 1099 that will be provided by Upwork? 
Forms provided - Is it based on the employer country or employee country?
TIA

3540 of 3,653

Hi Nithya,

Please check this support article for info on when Upwork provides freelancers with tax forms. You'd need to talk to a tax advisor to learn more about your legal status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS