🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My New Indiana Drivers Liscence isn't being r...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aulora,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eclipsemedia
Community Member

Hello, I created my profile 2 years ago, didn't have much luck at first and left. Recently I came back wanting to give it another go, updated my profile and protfiolo and went to apply for a job and the submit button is grayed out and I have an alert saying: 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

The Support Bot tells me:

If you have reached the maximum attempts to verify, please contact a support agent who can provide further assistance.

I have not been able to figgure out how to contact a support agent. How do I contact a support agent?

Thank you.  

Hi Steven, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yasmineyehia
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to change my phone number on Upwork and it is not working. It's stuck on the previous phone number I had. 

Thank you, 

Yasmine Yehia 

Hi Yasmine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abusin
Community Member

Are there anyone to help me? I want to work on upwork. I am very sad. Please help me.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alena,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
charo30
Community Member

Hi there, I just moved here in the US and trying to find job that says the US only. Upwork asking for an Identification like a green card. I don't have any identification yet  except my employment permit as my Greencard application is still pending and upwork did not accept it.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charo Rio,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ctrlee
Community Member

Hello, I am fully authorized to work in the US with my F-1 OPT, but the verification insists me to give out the State ID/Driver's Licence/Green Card/Passport, which I have neither except my EAD card. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have an EAD and so I can legally work in the US, but I do not have a greencard yet as it is pending. Please contact me so that I can verify my account in person, as the verification options on the website do not work. 

Hi Andreas,

To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bonner-swedish-i
Community Member

Upwork's automated bot is being finicky.  Indiana recently changed how all the new driver Licenses look. No matter how many times I try to upload my lD, it keeps saying that I uploaded a form of ID that is not supported. Quite frankly, I should be speaking to Upworks technical team and not asking the entire Upwork community, but I suppose they insist on this communal Q&A workaround.  Help would be appreciated. 

I pinged a moderator for you.

Thank you so much! 

Hi Ian, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. I apologise if this experience has been an inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
blancamf
Community Member

I am trying to register at Upwork, but after I enter all my information, I receive this message: Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security. I entered my phone number, but the button "verify my phone number" doesn't seem to work in any browser. How could I verify my phone number?

Hi Blanca,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
christypotter
Community Member

I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of attempts to upload my ID" and have been instructed to contact customer service. Help?

Hi Christy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cbaskerville64
Community Member

please tell me why my government issued ID from the military is not acceptable ID. 

Hi Corliss,

A just checked your account and looks like you were able to successfully complete your verification process. Please do follow up with us here if you're still experiencing any issues, we'd be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abusin
Community Member

I want to verify myID. I am from Russia. So I have Russia ID. Unfortunately I have no USA ID yet.

How can I resolve this? Does this mean my account will be suspended?

I want to work in upwork. Please help me. I submit my problem with my ID.  Thanks.

Alena, 

I'm from Serbia and I don't have American ID too. That's not a problem. They just need your valid ID issued by government.

No, they quibble when it's French ID that you submit. It's like they're fishing for an American one just because I went to school in the States.

Pamela K wrote:

No, they quibble when it's French ID that you submit. It's like they're fishing for an American one just because I went to school in the States.

They are "fishing" for an American one because on your profile you claim that you are living in the US, which seems not to be the case...

There's also a significant difference in your profile pictures (one on profile, one in the forum....)

petra_r
Community Member

Alena B wrote:

I want to verify myID. I am from Russia. So I have Russia ID. Unfortunately I have no USA ID yet.

Where are you located? In Russia or in the USA?

If in Russia, use your Russian ID

If in the US, you can still use your Russian ID for ID verification, but need US documents to verify your location and ability to work in the USA (be it on Upwork or otherwise.) You need to be a US resident or you'll have to have a green card or EAD (Employment Authorization Document.)

You can be US "resident" without having any US "paperwork." Like you just went to school there or something.

Pamela K wrote:

You can be US "resident" without having any US "paperwork." Like you just went to school there or something.

If you are at school in the US you are not automatically legally allowed to work. If you are legally allowed to work you have paperwork stating that fact. And going to school does not make you a legal resident

They want to weed out fraudulent freelancers who pretend to be in the USA when they are not and those who are in the USA but not allowed to work.

To verify your IDENTITY any passport is fine.

Not to verify your location.

Your location must reflect where you live now. Not where you may have gone to school years ago.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alena, 

I checked and it looks like you are referring to your location verification. Clients who want to work with freelancers located either in the United States or the United Kingdom can post jobs that only allow freelancers in these locations to submit proposals. If your profile states your location is in the U.S. or the U.K. we'll need to confirm your location before you can submit proposals to those jobs. 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ranmorpro
Community Member

Hi there,

I am the owner of an LLC in the US. Through which I pay my taxes. However, I'm not a US citizen.

How can I verify my tax info if I don't have one of the specified documents?

I can submit an EIN / ITIN document, or any other document related to the LLC, as well as tax returns or similar. But I don't have a US passport / Green card or a US license.

Thanks!

Hi Ran,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you further via support ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
marthaekdahl
Community Member

I uploaded a picture of my Driver's License to verify my identity and it rejected it and put my account on hold. How do I fix this?

Hi Martha, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
paulpre6
Community Member

It states that I need to contact support but there is no easy way to do so.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
islamsadrina
Community Member

hi i m a bangladesgi but now i m staying usa..as a begginer today i m openning my upworks id..but when i selection  country i m typing usa..is it alright?

Hi Sadrina,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ctrlee
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, 

I am still in the process of starting to my Upwork profile and to submit proposals to clients. I am on my F-1 OPT, that means I'm fully authorized to work in the United States. However, the verification system insists me to submit a state ID/Driver's Licence/US Green Card/US Passport, which I have neither since I'm a foreigner in the US despite I'm fully authorized to work here. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths