🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork software can't recognize my California...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Chi Tou,

Unfortunately, a visa can't be accepted for a US - location verification. The documents you see listed on the forms are the only documents accepted for this type of verification. You will still be able to apply for jobs that don't have a location requirement.

~ Valeria
Upwork
530db820
Community Member

Hi
I have a problem with this common message:   "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID"   
Please advice!  
Thanks,
Kamran

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamran, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kaylarebecca
Community Member

I am having the same issue as the author of this post, could I get some help to fix this issue?

Hi Kayla, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lindseymurphy84
Community Member

I used my Goverment issed ID to verify my identity on upwork. I've tried several times and each time I get an error stating my ID is unsupported.  That is not accurate, because it is an Arkansas State Identification card. I have tried on both the App and the desktop site and am still having the same issue. The photo I uploaded was not blurry, and I followed all instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Lindsey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
reipishtari
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I have an extended Green Card but it only shows the extentention on the back of the card, therefore when i try verifying location and ID it shows that it is expired. Is there any way to fix this. 

Thank You.

Hi Rei,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jimkitzmiller
Community Member

Is there a way to connect with a human being and show the driver license in a video chat?

Or maybe the human can look at the photo that I uploaded.

Or maybe there is another solution?

Thank you,

James Kitzmiller

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jim.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much, Bojan, 🙂

baillargeon_leah
Community Member

I’m trying to complete my profile and I’m up to the point where I need to verify my phone number. I’ve entered my number/resent the request several times but still haven’t received a text.

Hi Leah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fmriehl
Community Member

I have tried uploading my driver's license photo several times and it keeps saying my name doesn't match. I've taken several photos, each very clear. I don't know what else to do.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frances,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dan_detwiler
Community Member

I have tried multiple times to upload my license for US location verification.  Each time, I can load it but get an error stating the verifcation process failed and to try again later.  Is there a customer support ticket I can open to get this resolved?

Thanks!

Dan

Been trying for 2 years off and on... good luck

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused, Michael.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for reaching out to us, Daniel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mbtalhami
Community Member

I can't change my address as requested and can't continue to submit a proposal. What am I doing wrong??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary Beth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and looks like you were able to successfully update your address and complete your verification process.

Please let us know if you still need any assistance, we're here to help!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shore_simon
Community Member

I have submitted a picture of my id multiple times and I have reached the maximum number of times. I need help fixing this.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Simon. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cassiusalek
Community Member

Hello, I've tried uploading my ID to verify my location, but every photo I tried doesn't work. (I've read, and fully understand the guidelines to uploading it) I'd like to verify it manually, please, so I can start applying to US only jobs. 

Hi Cassius,

I see where you're coming from, but I think that you have to be based in the U.S. to go through that process. Are you in the US?

Best regards,

Jody PM

Hi Cassius,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing the location verification process via support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
maneja-reimer
Community Member

I have reached the maximum tries ro uplod an id? What should i do? I cant see an answer anywhere how to go about it? Thanks

Hi Reimer, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sarbear11541
Community Member

The phone number I have entered is right, but I have not recieved my text message verification code? 

Hi Sarah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
colleenms
Community Member

also need help with this

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Colleen.

~ Bojan
Upwork
echosei
Community Member

If I don't have a driver's license/state ID/green card/USA passport since I'm an International Student under OPT, how else can I verify my location as the U.S.? I do have my EAD card (work permit) that allows me to work in the U.S. while under F1 (student) visa.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marie,

~ Goran
Upwork
esteban_olide
Community Member

Im trying to submit my drivers license to verify my locations and send a proposal but the system says my name doesnt match the name on my profile. And it clearly does. What do I do?

Hi Esteban, 

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much. They have contacted me. And it is now working correctly! Thank you

jpreher
Community Member

I have attempted uploading my drivers license for verification multiple times.  The image meets all of the image requirements. However, I believe that the first name/last name may be being read backwards causing the error.  I also thought it was my middle initial so I added that to my first name on my account. It still did not work.  Any help would be appreciated.  I just want to verify my account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths