🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verify ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Jami,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and will assist you in completing the verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Jami,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and will assist you in completing the verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
amarvg
Community Member

I am not able to verify my upwork ID due because I have only one name on my drivers license. I have tried multiple times to enter my name in different ways but the website wont let me verify my ID. Need help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amarnath, 

Do you have other IDs that matches the information on your Upwork account? The team recommends to use other IDs that matches the information on your Upwork profile to be able to proceed with the verification. 

I would also like to confirm if you only have a first name, and do not have a last name?

~ Avery
Upwork
amarvg
Community Member

I am not able to verify my upwork ID due because I have only one name on my drivers license. I have tried multiple times to enter my name in different ways but the website wont let me verify my ID. Need help!

ambroz
Community Member

Why do you need to open 2 identical topics in the community?

You can try to contact Upwork's support directly ...

suzin
Community Member

I am unable to finish my profile because I am not receiving the 5 digit verification code that is supposed to be sent via text message.  Used both Chrome and Safari, tried on both desktop and phone. Downloaded the Upwork Desktop app, but still no code.  Help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Suzanne,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gerzon-terrazas
Community Member

Hello

I'm new to upwork and have read about that I will need to do an identity verification for successful work in upwork. I'm currently located at Texas but can I use my Mexican passport when I submit my ID card as I have just moved to Texas from Mexico. Can somebody please let me know if I'm able to continue my working in upwork? Thanks

It's best to submit a support ticket or chat with the upwork staff regarding this.

Hi Gajendra,

Thanks for your answering. Could you please let me know where I can do that since I'm new to upwork and don't know to contact upwork support team. I can see only the chat bot and it says to ask quesitons on Community.

Hi Gerzon,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing this step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please let me know when and where will your team member will reach out me?

Hi Gerzon, 

The team further checked your account, and can see that there is currently no need to verify your identity. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

~ Avery
Upwork

I got it. Thanks for letting me know.

Then when I will need to verify my Identification and is it possible to do it with my Mexican passport?

Hi Gerzon, 

If there's a need to verify the information on your profile, you will receive an email requesting you to complete a verification of your account by following the steps on the email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jopconcepts
Community Member

The message I get was. You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Which is strange considering I think I have uploaded my id multiple times a long time ago. Its been awhile since I been here an I just want to start making proposals to see if I can get a bit of cash. Can you guys fix this? 

Hi Josue, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were trying to verify your location. You have exceeded the number of attempts to verify your location which is why you're seeing this notification. I have shared your account information and your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly and assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
olivialazer
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork a long time ago and then forgot about the account until a couple nights ago. I tried repeatedly to upload a photo of my ID, but it kept getting rejected, and that's when I realized I had my first and last name as my business name, which don't match my legal ID. So I begrudgingly (very begrudgingly since my legal first name isn't something I've ever gone by) update my full first middle and last name to match my ID, but apparently I exceeded the amount of times you can attempt to upload the other night, and I can't figure out where to go to fix this.

I'm left unable to submit any proposals, and I'm not sure what to do. Do I have to delete my account altogether and start all over?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Casey Olivia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much!! 

eliph23
Community Member

Hi!

I received a proposal for a job I am really interested in, but I can't sumbit my application because it says " You've reached the maximun number of tries to upload your ID." I tried to contact customer support but I found just articles and nobody that can help me.

Thanks,

ELisa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Elisa.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sidehustlin247
Community Member

I post a clear photo of my government issued state ID showing all 4 corners and with no edits made and it is continuously denying my verification! I can't apply to jobs without this being done please help!!

I'm in the same situation

I get this on the top of the page:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Contact Customer Support.

I assume is because my previous ID date is expired, however there is NO way I can verify my identity with my updated ID as there is no option on the settings.

Hi Shayna, and Jose, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further. Please expect them to reach out to you through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
javalace
Community Member

Thanks!
javalace
Community Member

I have the same problem, can I get someone to hep me too?

sidehustlin247
Community Member

Please kindly direct me in the right direction as well because I am having the same exact problem!!!

Hi Shayna, 

I'm sorry to learn that you're still having issues with verifying your location. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you yesterday through this support ticket, which you should also be able to access through your email by looking for the email with the subject "Location Verification." Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have other questions about verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kallursh
Community Member

Trying to upload Driving License.But threw an error message as ID proof is not matching with name.

But I didnt find any difference.

Please assist in this regards to add ID to my profile.

Thanks 

Sharmila

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharmila, 

As a gentle reminder, please refrain from uploading pictures/screen grabs that have your personal/sensitive information here in the Community as this is a public forum, and we wouldn't want a picture of your driver's license in the wrong hands. Robot Happy

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and someone from the team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
stuartnorfolk
Community Member

Hi, this topic seems to be popular. Has anyone over at Upwork fixed this yet? Like others I am trying to verify my account with my mobile number. I've tried both the desktop and phone app, but no joy. When it asks me to input my mobile number it doesn't do anything, just hangs.

Can you help, please?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I still cannot get beyond verification. It has now got to the point where I'm close to giving up and going with **Edited for Community Guidelines** who have a workable solution for this freelancer. All I want to do is derive paid work, but Upwork seems to be failing me. Yes, the verification actually came through on two occasions, yet still it is asking me for the verification code to get my profile approved.

can anybody, anybody please help me? This is very poor!

Hi Stuart,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rodriguez-yordan
Community Member

I cannot verify my account, I need help!

I have tried uploading my ID and cannot seem to verify now I cannot do anything. 

where do you live? what type of card you used?

Iowa driver's license

Hi Yordan, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your issue. The team has updated your support ticket with more information about your concern. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths