🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verification - Says the names don't match?
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
jayjayl
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and haven't started to work on it yet. I've exhausted my attempts trying to identify myself for my account to start accessing jobs. But before it was asking for one document to identify myself, and now it's asking for two since someone from the support team assisted me.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jason,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket with additional instructions about your verification. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fijiloki
Community Member

Upwork is not recognizing my driver's license. I have uploaded a picture several times and it tells me to submit a picture of my DL, state ID or passport. I don't know why it is not accepting it. I've followed all of the instructions. The photo is not blurry and includes the entire license / borders. It is not an edited photo either. 

Is there anyone I can speak with that can fix this for me? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Samantha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fijiloki
Community Member

Ok thanks. Do I need to submit a ticket?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
taraprice
Community Member

I clicked on the link and it says the page does not exist.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tara,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
saidinotherwords
Community Member

I've uploaded a picture of my ID and my name is clearly visible on the ID. However, it keeps getting kicked back with the claim that it doesn't match my name.

But it does.

How can I get verified through another method, since the system doesn't want to recognize that my name is my name?

Make sure your upwork profile name and ID card name are the same.

Talha Riaz

Hi Christopher, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Looks like you were able to successfully complete your verification process. Feel free to follow up if you still need any assistance, we're here to help! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
liz-wilson
Community Member

Because of the backlog in processing green cards, mine expired a month ago, I have a letter that I'm supposed to show with the card that shows it has been extended for 18 months while they process my application to remove conditions. I don't know if this is why, but your system will not accept my ID confirming US residence... I've tried it with the letter and without..... Hopefully there is a workaround?

Liz:

If you go get a driver's license or a state-issued ID card, then you wouldn't need a workaround from Upwork.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liz, 

I'm sorry to learn that verifying your location has been an issue for you. I checked your account and can see that you already have an email support ticket from the Customer Support Team. Kindly refer to the instructions they have shared so that you can proceed with verifying your location. If you need further help, feel free to update the same ticket thread so that the team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
keith299
Community Member

I keep receiving the above message when I try to examine a job. I cannot find where to upload my ID. Can you help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith, 

It looks like you have maxed out on your attempts at verifying your location. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
keith299
Community Member

Thank you. I am anxious to get this resolved, and use Upwork. Please get
back to me as soon as you can.

Keith
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith,

A member of the team has reached out to you already. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
efuggetta
Community Member

Hi there,

I recently began the ID verification process. At the time, I had just received a temporary ID card from the DMV while I waited for my permanent card to arrive in the mail.

Then I realized I needed to wait for my first utility bill at my new apartment (same state as my old address but different city). When I got that utility bill, I came back to the verification page to upload it. By then, I had received my permanent license in the mail, but the form would not let me go back and replace my original files with photos of my new ID.

The ID I originally submitted is the temporary version of the same one I have now, so maybe it's still fine, but I imagine you will need my permanent license since its arrival made the temporary one expired. If so, please let me know how I should send you the photo of my new ID.

Thanks!

Emily

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
leticiagq
Community Member

Good evening,
I cannnot submit a proposal because my ID is unable to be authenticated. Please, may you help me?

Hi Leticia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sarahklinkowitz
Community Member

I don't have text for phone verification. HELP!!

Hi Sarah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lindsaybergman
Community Member

I've been on the site for awhile but never used it. When I tried to upload a picture of my license I'd used to verify with Facebook, my account got locked. I'd just bought connects to try to apply for jobs and supposedly can't use them. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks!

Hi Lindsay,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
emilylucas35
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to verify my ID here to submit the proposals to the projects, but they denied the ID I attached. The ID I submitted a few days ago, involved all information for verification, but I thought it was not clear and too dark, so I scanned my ID again. To submit another scanned ID, I already sent my message several times to the support team , but they didn't reply yet. If anyone can help me solve this issue, please let me know how to do it.

Thank you!

Hi Emily, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
edit_a
Community Member

I have an Employment Authorization card, EAD, which authorizes me to work in ANY company in the US, but I cannot submit it as an ID verification. I am located in New York and work for a design company here. How can I verify my location, if I do not have a driver's license, Green card, State ID or US Passport? My ID is my EAD card (Employment Authorization), again this is a legit government-issued ID, just not a type that UpWork accepts. What do I do?

Thank you for your help.

casey_renteria
Community Member

I am trying to upload the picture of my ID it meets all the specifications but keeps getting denied for not meeting the specifcations. 

Hi Casey, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tjsvirtualadmin
Community Member

I haven't been able to verify my phone number as I never recieved the code by text, can you help?

Hi Time,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sellsl42
Community Member

I cannot get my ID verification to accept my photo. I've tried many different way. Is there somewhere I can just email the file?

I'm trying to take a job requiring it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacey, 

I checked your account, and I would like to confirm if you are referring to the notification to verify your location? 

~ Avery
Upwork
sellsl42
Community Member

Yes
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacey, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
raymanley
Community Member

I can't verify my telephone number, it's continually telling me my number can't be verified without sending me a code....is there anything I can do to solve this short of deleting my account? 

Hi Ray,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
awilliams17
Community Member

Hello,

I attempted to verify my ID but it failed for some unknown reason and I now I am unable to make proposals, and see the following notification:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

I have a picture of my ID, and am ready to send it to be manually approved.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths