🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID verification attempts limit
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Austin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
diamondvoiceover
Community Member

I have tried to upload my ID almost a dozen times, and it does not work. I have a 300 dpi clear photo of my ID, and it still says something is wrong. Can anyone help me please?

Hi Aidan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and will assist you further in completing the verification process. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
janicelauart
Community Member

Hi, I just tried to verify my driver's license but then I got an email saying that Upwork could not authenticate the ID I uploaded and now I have a hold on my account. What should I do?

I got the same problem here.

Hi Janice, and MD, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
simonvelez
Community Member

stuck on identity verification, I scanned my driver's icense and now exceeded the number of attempts

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simon, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
debra_hagadone
Community Member

I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID" and I am becoming irritated with this process

Thank you for reaching out to us, Debra.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
awainscott
Community Member

HI! I have an account and I am trying to submit a proposal. It continues to tell me this: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Can you help with this please

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alexis.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b_lagoy
Community Member

I have tried uploading many different drivers license images and it still won't verify my name. What can I do to get it to be verified?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
brooks_traci
Community Member

I have uploaded my driver's license.  I was advised the names did not match (my license has my middle name as well).  I attempted to add my middle name to Upwork, but it still would not accept it.  What is the next step?

Hi Traci, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from him/her.
hmamman
Community Member

I uploaded my driver license as photo verification, and a hold was put on my account. The email did not say why or offer a soultion to fix it. How do I get the hold off of my account?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hadiza, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cruzmarcella
Community Member

I have a Brazilian and a Portuguese Passport, but the system don’t recognize these ID. How can I be verified? Thank you

Hi Marcella,

In order to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S location requirement you must have a valid state-issued ID, driver's license, green card or U.S passport. Also, people located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've uploaded my identification several times and it can't verify it. I am now locked out of being able to do certain things.  

Hi Marcus, 

~ Avery
Upwork
a_greeley
Community Member

The same is happening to me and I need help geting this resolved

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashtin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
williamsjasmin33
Community Member

I can't upload my ID for verification. I can only send proposals after verifying my identity, Kindly help.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jasmine.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hopfingerj
Community Member

Trying to apply for jobs and I get the following message. You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

~ Avery
Upwork
constanciaw
Community Member

I tried unsuccessfully to upload my ID. First, it was turned vertically. I rotated it and tried two more times. I think it's because the margins aren't clear but it won't allow me another attempt. Please advise!

Thank you.

Hi Constancia,

~ Bojan
Upwork
melissamog
Community Member

My name and address match my profile yet it's not being accepted. I have now reached the max times to upload my ID. What is going on?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Melissa.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lynghsi
Community Member

Hello,

I used my Massachusettes driver's license but the verification system keeps telling me my (profile) name doesn't match that on my ID...

Also, I currently reside in California but haven't converted my license. Was wondering if this would also be a problem.

Thank you.

Hi Shixiaoci,

I checked your account and it looks like one of our team members already replied to your ticket to assist you directly in completing the location verification process. Please follow the steps they shared on your ticket and if you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lindseyjohnsonva
Community Member

I maxed out the attempts on verifying my identiy.  Not sure why it wouldn't verify but I can't seem to find someone to acutally talk to, to get this problem resolved.  Any help is appreciated. 

Same happened to me, and I can't find a phone number or email address to reach out to either.

Hi Lindsey, Jacob, and Beth,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly in completing the location verification process, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jdale18
Community Member

Hi I have tried to upload my ID multiple times but it keeps failing. I have now reached the max. number of attempts.  My Id has my middle name on it and regardless of where i placed my middle name on "first name" or "last name", the verification would fail. Any help would be appreciated. 

Sorry wish i had the answer, I'm in the same postion as you and hoping we can both get the help we need.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths