🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My government issued ID isn't being read corr...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
lizuxdev
Community Member

I'm new to upwrok and attempting to verify my identity. When I select driver's license and upload the picture, I am getting an error saying my upload is not a valid form of identification. I tried multiple times to retake the picture, but continued to get the same error. I followed the instructions, all corners visible, unedited, etc. 

Hi Darlene,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you further in completing your location verification, thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
carolinebergen
Community Member

Hello.
I cannot verify my account because my green card is expired. However I have a government letter extending it for 18 months allowing me to work and travel until the new green card arrives. Who or where can I provide this proof for verification purposes?

Hi Karolina, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
curtishaleypdx
Community Member

I believe it's because of a sticker I'm required to put on the licence when I move (I'm from Oregon). The license is valid, but the system won't read it as so. Is there another way to verify my identity?

Hi Curtis, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kristaharbin
Community Member

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires identity verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your identity Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed.

I need help on this.

Please help me resolve the issue.

Hi Krista, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crodriguez_24
Community Member

For some reason, it is not letting me submit a proposal even though I fulfill all of the requirements. Is there a reason for this. It tells me that I have reached the maximum number of tries to submit my ID even though I submitted ID Verification using the exact guidelines. 

Hi Cristian, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jacquese_m
Community Member

I try to upload my id in two different formats. I use an online convert yo change IMG over to BMP, PNG now its saying i have reach maximum attempt need to contact a agent. I've try to everything help
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacquese, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
xhayjay
Community Member

No matter what I do, I can't get my ID verified. I've tried all of the file formats accepted, made sure the images are the right size/resolution, made sure they're as clear as possible (including trying one where I sharpened it), put my ID on a wide variety of backgrounds (light, dark, blurry, etc.), tried switching "ID" to "drivers licence", tried uploading via the app AND the website, then I tried my passport and still had no luck. It ALWAYS says "ID cannot be verified at this time". Now I've reached the maximum number of attempts, but the "contact support" button leads nowhere.

Please help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Xhavier,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
paulperlow
Community Member

I don't have a cell phone. How can I verify my phone number. I am unable to receive text messages.

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sbeardsley51
Community Member

I attempted to upload my Drivers License a number of times and it was rejected.  Now I get a message that says.  

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.  Contact Customer Support.

I cllicked on the linkand it just keeps taking me back to the same thing on how to upload the ID.  

No help at all.

Steve

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stephen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
arment-samantha
Community Member

Hi!! I am new to Upwork and I completed everything but the ID verificaiton. I am having a major issue with that and I can't figure out why. My ID has my name listed as First Middle and Last. I tried to upload it numerous times into your system and keep getting an error. I have tried with my name as First and Last, First Middle (one after the other) then last and First then Middle last in the same field and nothing is working. Can you help correct this? i am very interested in starting work asap. I can email my ID to someone if easier or do a video chat to verify. Thank you!!!

Hi Samantha,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jamie-knowles
Community Member

The picture that I submit keeps getting rejected, and I have now maxed out the allotted amount of attempts.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jamie.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I’m just following up. I still have not been contacted about this issue

Hi Jamie,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll follow-up with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly. We really appreciate your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
colemann
Community Member

Please i need to verify my location asap

Which of the following applies to you:

a) I have heard about location verification. I would like to do so.

b) I have been asked by Upwork to do location verification, but I do not know how to proceed in order to fulfill this request.

Answer (a) or (b)

aonochie
Community Member

I need assitance with my ID verification. I was denied because my name on ID and profile don't match but they do match. Please help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthony and Terry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eiwagner
Community Member

Hello,

My ID picture won't be accepted and I can not accept any jobs until the ID is verified how do I get this resolved? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eileen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
telion-fondrad
Community Member

I cannot verify my ID. I am not a US citizen yet but I currently live in the US so I do not want to edit my location settings while I want to verify my account or I won't be able to send any proposals at all without it. Is it possible to avoid this process somehow? My visa didn't work as well as my driver's license. 

Hi Telion,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 

I am having troubles uploading my ID. Can someone from customer service contact me via email to verify my ID or provide a link where I can upload it again?

Thank you 

Hi Anastasia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lari_w
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity, but I don't have a state ID, only a federal one.  I also don't see anywhere I can contact someone about this issue. 

Hi Lari,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aditi-khade
Community Member

Do they accepts learners licence for verification ID?

nicolefarina
Community Member

I have tried to upload both my drivers license and passport but neither worked. It kept saying they couldn’t be verified. I took the best pictures that I could and they aren’t expired. I took pics on my phone and sent them to myself to upload on my laptop. Then I thought maybe on the app it might be easier, but by the time I downloaded the app it says I’ve reached the maximum number of attempts to upload ID. what do I do/how long until I can try again?

Hi Aditi and Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
getrichwithjb
Community Member

It not axccepting my driver license.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths