🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My license keeps failing verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Joshua, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nsharonew
Community Member

Hi there, I am brand new to upwork, just signed up this morning.  I was going in to explore some of the options and opportunities, but was asked to verify my name with my ID.  While this is usually no issue and I have a very good scan on my ID, it says that my names don't match.  My last name is very long and shifts to a new line, and I can't figure out if this is the issue.  Can anyone please assist?

Hi Sharon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

eragland23
Community Member

Hello,

I recently signed up for an Upwork account to do some freelance work. I tried to upload a photo of my photo ID for verification. I got an email saying that my ID could not be verified, but there was nothing saying that I need to do a video chat or submit my ID in another way, my account has been placed on hold and when I log in and go into settings, there is nothing regarding identity verification. I want to complete this as soon as possible so I can start working. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Emma,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ksobieski
Community Member

Hi. I've tried uploading my identification multiple times and it won't accept the image. Now I've run out of attempts to submit and don't know what to do. Someone please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ebram and Kyle.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
barsoumebram
Community Member

I'm having the same issue 

wvolpeiii
Community Member

I am have problems getting verified and it seems that there is no such thing as customer service.  What can I do?

What can you do? I think you will just have to be patient and wait. This is Thanksgiving week, after all.

That response may mean something if this hadn't been going on for months.
It wasn't Thanksgiving.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, William.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
burke-hannah
Community Member

It will not let my I.d be approved and. I have tried to submit it to many times?

Hi Hannah, 

I have shared your account information with the team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

Since this is a public community, please refrain from posting identifying information of yourself, or pictures of your government ID/s. You may refer to the Community Guidelines for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yaswanthnukasani
Community Member

hi upwork team,

i have tried uploading my Illinois state drivers license and the upwork website says that. the verification process was not succesful

i am trying to verify this so i can submit proposals. please let me know what i can do to verify my ID and start using my account.

i had an agency subscription with upwork but removed it because i could not utilize it

Hi Yaswanth,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Yaswanth, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with completing your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. I uploaded a photo of my drivers license for verification. I recieved an email stating: "Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded."

My drivers license is still valid. I don't know what went wrong. Was there too much of a glare on the photo? I can't find a link to reupload a better photo. Can someone help?

Hi Dan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with completing your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Everytime I try to upload my ID to verify identity it says my name doesn't match. I've tried multiple ways.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christina, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
matt_tobey
Community Member

Before I can submit a proposal, I am told I need to submit my government issued identification. I have tried m license multiple times and even my passport and each time it says attempt failed try again later. Why is this happening? I am providing a proper image that goes along with the requested quality and guidelines, it should not be failing, yet it is. Please help.

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
davechrst
Community Member

When i try to submit a proposal, it brings me to a page where im suppoed to submit my US ID, passport or driving license, there is no option to submit a non US identification. 

Hi Dave,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
s_dandridge
Community Member

I'm getting this error message on jobs:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

Hi Shawn, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you further with verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hoye-jesse
Community Member

Hi there, 

I've exceeded my max attempts to upload ID. I'm told I need to contact an agent but can't figure out how to do that. Please assist. 

Thanks,

Jesse

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jesse,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fayazsgfx
Community Member

I have have reached the maximum attempts to verify my ID, I cannot submit proposals to jobs with out this. Is there anyway i can reupload the ID picture I believe it was dark in the one I uploaded.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fayaz, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
davisted
Community Member

My account is on hold and Im not sure how I can verify my info now. I tried a couple of times but now it says I tried to many times. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ted,

It looks like you are trying to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
magnoliapine
Community Member

I had trouble uploading my government ID and it says I need to contact a customer support representative. How do I verify my ID after attempting to upload too many times? Can someone please help me to upload or manually verify my identity? 

Thank you, 

Angela 

Hi,

I had issues with the software reading my ID because of the holograms over my face. I was able to speak with human at Upwork who did a video meeting to verify my identity. I had to do it twice. I put in a support ticket saying that I wanted to get the ID verified badge but that I was having issues with my ID scanning and they got back to me and took care of it. They will send you a link to a video chat and they will ask you a couple of questions. It took no more than 2 min. I hope that helps. 

How do I put in a support ticket? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Angela.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I have not received a support ticket in order to help verify my government ID.  Is there something that I should do? 

Thank you, 

Angela 

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Angela.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths