🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verification, Locked
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
kirk-love
Community Member

My government ID verification was interrupted and now my account seems to be in limbo. What do I do? I can not post a proposal and the site doesnt direct me to where I need to go to fix it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kirk.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
karmalaa14
Community Member

I need to resubmit my identity which was not accepted for some reason. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Toni,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maysam999
Community Member

Hi I am trying to verify my ID on the app but it wouldn't take it.
I hold an employment authorization card approved by the government.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maysam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
katie2dogs
Community Member

I had issues uploading my ID for location verification.  Now I'm locked out.  How do I get it unlocked so that I can try again?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katie, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
myleshultgren
Community Member

I've uploaded my state ID multiple times and it won't be accepted. I am ready to send it to whoever I need to complete this process.

Hi Myles, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sranselme
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to submit my idea but it kept saying it was an error and now it is telling me that I reached maximum attempts. Is there ab alternate way to submit my ID, so that I can get started. 

Hi Shirley, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you 🙂
hourani-siham
Community Member

I have been having difficulty uploading my ID. I have re-taken the image (Driver's Lic.)  several times and kept trying to get it to work with each one. Then it said I reached my max number of submissions. I am worried about this locking my account? Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi Siham, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
michael-kenney
Community Member

HELLO 

I have tried several times to verify my ID. I tried horizontal and vertical. Black and white and color. PNG, JPEG and more... still nothing works I am using a normal California drivers license. I have reached my maximum number of tries. I would really appreciate someone to verify my ID so I can start looking for Work!!!!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
diegofav7
Community Member

Just to be more clear.  I thought my ID quality was the issue but it was the file type.  Now I have reached the maximum submissions and it says I need to contact support but I cannot find a phone number anywhere.  Is ther anything I can do? Can I get help here?

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you through your open ticket to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
ryan_keech_1819
Community Member

I tried to upload my license but then my account was locked although I uploaded a valid driver's license

Hi Ryan, 

It looks like you're trying to verify your location. I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly, and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you very much.

amandha_g
Community Member

Hello!

I'm a recent graduate in the US on an F-1 visa, and have received an OPT (Optional Practical Training) permit that allows me to work within the US until June. Accordingly, I have an SSN as well. 

My issue is that Upwork needs me to verify my identity, but the ID I have is an OPT Permit (EAD Card), and that doesn't fall under any of the four options listed under ID verification- state ID, green card, US passport, or govt-issued license.

I have cross-checked with my university as well, and I'm allowed to freelance using sites like Upwork. Is there a way to verify my identity using my OPT permit?

Any help is appreciated!  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amandha,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
amandha_g
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am not looking for legal advice. 

My question– I don't have any of the forms of ID you listed. Can I submit my US Visa and my OPT EAD card instead? Who can I talk to about this? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amandha,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sharmilayash3
Community Member

I uploaded my id 2 times. It got rejected. How can I verify my id?

Hi Sharmila,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sandymeece
Community Member

I have attempted to verify my Identification and it would not allow me to do so. I got an email saying it was on hold because I tried too many times. Now I cannot figure out how to get the hold off. I cave attempted checking notifications and there is not one. I also do not have an option to go to verify identification on the settings menu. At this point I am completely stuck, please help. Thank you. 

Sandra M wrote:

I have attempted to verify my Identification and it would not allow me to do so. I got an email saying it was on hold because I tried too many times. Now I cannot figure out how to get the hold off. I cave attempted checking notifications and there is not one. I also do not have an option to go to verify identification on the settings menu. At this point I am completely stuck, please help. Thank you. 

Most often when one tries too many times without success, solution is waiting.

I'd give it couple of days and await response from official UpWork representative.

There IS a lot you CAN do while waiting. Involves lot of reading, lot of preparation for YOUR own business on UpWork.

We all have done that, some of us (myself, probably some others) still do that. We read most popular links about working on UpWork, read TOS, read some inspiring stories about freelancing, read some bad ones. Learned a bit.

Make sure you are willing to be patient (no matter how fast this particular obstacle is solved).

Thank you so much, at least for the peace of mind and ideas of what to do in the mean time. I was mainly confused that it instructed me to contact customer support, but nothing after that. I was basically just confused at what steps I needed to take, and excited to start a new journey.

Sandra M wrote:
Thank you so much, at least for the peace of mind and ideas of what to do in the mean time. I was mainly confused that it instructed me to contact customer support, but nothing after that. I was basically just confused at what steps I needed to take, and excited to start a new journey.

UpWork official will see this topic and contact you at some point.

You've done sensible thing to post a topic about your issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra, 

I have shared your concern, and account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nickwalz
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with ID verification. It looks like some of you have had the same problem. I submitted two forms of ID, but neither of them were accepted. Now it says that I have reached the maximum number of times I can try to verify my ID, and I need to contact customer service... I don't understand, since my ID photos were taken properly and I tried both my license and my passport. I want to start working, so please help!

Thanks,

Nick

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nicholas.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
keaganandrewm
Community Member

I would like to talk to a  customer support representative. I am taking a picture of my drivers license and uploading it to be verified but  it  denies me and says it is an unsupported type of ID. I do not understan how it can be unsupported when it is my Minnesota Drivers License Issued by the state.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Keagan.

~ Bojan
Upwork
secoya_w
Community Member

For the past few days I've been attempting to comfirm my Washington State ID card. I follow every guideline exactly; clear picture, border around the card, shows all 4 corners, isnt blurry, isnt edited. But no matter what picture I upload it never comfirms it. I'm trying to apply for jobs here soon and now my account is on hold. Is there a way to do this process with someone manually at Upwork? I just need help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Secoya, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
splashgraphic
Community Member

Hi

I have not used upwork since elancer migration.

Now I am trying to use it and was verifying location and uploaded my Drivers license it says

**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths