cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID. Now I need to contact support. How do

Michael K Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3911 of 4,075

HELLO 

I have tried several times to verify my ID. I tried horizontal and vertical. Black and white and color. PNG, JPEG and more... still nothing works I am using a normal California drivers license. I have reached my maximum number of tries. I would really appreciate someone to verify my ID so I can start looking for Work!!!!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3912 of 4,075

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Diego F A Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3915 of 4,075

Just to be more clear.  I thought my ID quality was the issue but it was the file type.  Now I have reached the maximum submissions and it says I need to contact support but I cannot find a phone number anywhere.  Is ther anything I can do? Can I get help here?

Thank you

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3915 of 4,075

Hi Diego, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you through your open ticket to assist you further with your location verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Ryan K Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3915 of 4,075

I tried to upload my license but then my account was locked although I uploaded a valid driver's license

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3916 of 4,075

Hi Ryan, 

It looks like you're trying to verify your location. I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly, and assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ryan K Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3917 of 4,075

Thank you very much.

Amandha G Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
3918 of 4,075

Hello!

I'm a recent graduate in the US on an F-1 visa, and have received an OPT (Optional Practical Training) permit that allows me to work within the US until June. Accordingly, I have an SSN as well. 

My issue is that Upwork needs me to verify my identity, but the ID I have is an OPT Permit (EAD Card), and that doesn't fall under any of the four options listed under ID verification- state ID, green card, US passport, or govt-issued license.

I have cross-checked with my university as well, and I'm allowed to freelance using sites like Upwork. Is there a way to verify my identity using my OPT permit?

Any help is appreciated!  

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3919 of 4,075

Hi Amandha,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Amandha G Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
3920 of 4,075

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am not looking for legal advice. 

My question– I don't have any of the forms of ID you listed. Can I submit my US Visa and my OPT EAD card instead? Who can I talk to about this? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS