cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Locked when uploading ID

Highlighted
Ryan K Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3911 of 4,055

I tried to upload my license but then my account was locked although I uploaded a valid driver's license

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3912 of 4,055

Hi Ryan, 

It looks like you're trying to verify your location. I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly, and assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ryan K Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
3913 of 4,055

Thank you very much.

Amandha G Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
3914 of 4,055

Hello!

I'm a recent graduate in the US on an F-1 visa, and have received an OPT (Optional Practical Training) permit that allows me to work within the US until June. Accordingly, I have an SSN as well. 

My issue is that Upwork needs me to verify my identity, but the ID I have is an OPT Permit (EAD Card), and that doesn't fall under any of the four options listed under ID verification- state ID, green card, US passport, or govt-issued license.

I have cross-checked with my university as well, and I'm allowed to freelance using sites like Upwork. Is there a way to verify my identity using my OPT permit?

Any help is appreciated!  

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3915 of 4,055

Hi Amandha,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Amandha G Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
3916 of 4,055

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am not looking for legal advice. 

My question– I don't have any of the forms of ID you listed. Can I submit my US Visa and my OPT EAD card instead? Who can I talk to about this? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3917 of 4,055

Hi Amandha,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sharmila A Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3918 of 4,055

I uploaded my id 2 times. It got rejected. How can I verify my id?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3919 of 4,055

Hi Sharmila,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Sandra M Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3920 of 4,055

I have attempted to verify my Identification and it would not allow me to do so. I got an email saying it was on hold because I tried too many times. Now I cannot figure out how to get the hold off. I cave attempted checking notifications and there is not one. I also do not have an option to go to verify identification on the settings menu. At this point I am completely stuck, please help. Thank you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS