🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
itstheidea
Community Member

Hi, I want to verify my identity but I dont have a US passport or a green card. I have US work authorization card issued by US immigration services. But the system does not accept that. How do I start working as a freelancer when I am authorized to?

Hi Sharma,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dxtechgroup
Community Member

I've uploaded my ID several times, but it keeps saying the name doesn't match, but it does.  It now says I've reached my maximum tries.  

Hi Leexan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
agatafisiak
Community Member

Hello, I have very similar situation. I tried to upload my permit residence (green card) ID couple of times and UpWork couldn't recognize it so I got an email that my account have been placed a hold. There is any chance to been verify once again? Thank you for your help!

Hi Agata,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alisonbethking
Community Member

When i try to upload my ID to verify it says it couldn't verify and now ive reached the maximum number of attempts

Hi Alison, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hsu-tony
Community Member

I just recently signed up for an account and finished filling out my profile page.  However, during the process of phone verification, I found myself locked out from changing to a correct phone number and stuck at this step (attached picture as reference).

Although I have attempted to go through settings and successfully verified my phone number there, it does not seem to bypass the profile creation verification process.

Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Hi Tony,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
julivoncannon
Community Member

Help me fix this! I can't submit proposals. I already sent an email, and I didn't get a response.

Hi Julia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've been having the same issue for weeks. It won't recognize my ID when I try to upload. Please assist.

Hi Amy,

One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket and will be assisting you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dannyconsultant
Community Member

Hi! I would like to open my acoount but my phone number is currently not receiving text messages. Is there a way for me to verify my account without the text? 

Thanks in advance

Hi Danny,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
derek_vaal
Community Member

Hi! I uploaded a clear picture of a valid driver's license that's not expired and it's rejecting it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Derek.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolstafford
Community Member

I've cleared cookies, etc., still not working.  Please advise!

Hi Carol,

~ Goran
Upwork
chitwoodkjs
Community Member

I tried to work on Upwork in the past and although I kept sending in the correct identification, it kept being denied. Support through email at that time was not much help. I now want to try again but am receiving the message in the subject line and have no real way to get this fixed. It is extremely annoying and not an efficient process! Why does Upwork make it soooo difficult to complete verification when they clearly saw my many submissions of CORRECT ID?! 

Hi Kimberly, 

~ Bojan
Upwork
minideviations
Community Member

Hi! I’m a freelancer trying to apply for upwork. I’m from the US and pay taxes in the US but currently abroad with a foreign SIM card. Is there any other way besides sms to authenticate my phone number?

First you will need to correct your location on your profile page. It says you are in the U.S.

It looks you thought it referred to nationality or citizenship. It does not.

Upwork wants you to set it to where you live.

Hi Liz,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I travel a lot but my home base is in the US at my parents.
ssmallwood
Community Member

I'm contacting you about this message that appeared in my account:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I need to do to fulfill this request?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Steve.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
serxhiodaci
Community Member

Hello, 

I am new to upwork. 

i failed my id verificaiton, posted drivers licencse while checked state id. 

how can i request a reverification? 

Thanks.

Hi Serxhio, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Could I know when can they contact me? I cant submit proposals or anything. 

let me know please.

Hi Serxhio, 

I checked your account and can see that the team has reached out to you through Ticket #27579348. Please access this link, and follow the instructions on the ticket to resolve the issue with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ajax6677
Community Member

I'm trying to update my new address and get my location and ID verified. 

My address cannot be berified by the autofill address verifier because it is a relatively new address. I have lived here since June 2019 but I can't even get a pizza delivered here because Dominos uses the same autofill address verifier on their online app. My address does not seem to be in the whatever system they are pulling their addresses from. Without updating my address, the program will not verify my location or ID either. 

So what do I do? This seems like a question for actual UpWork staff but their help bots sent me here. I would really appreciate some direction. Thank you! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

~ Bojan
Upwork
rondriekussmith
Community Member

HI,

I wanted to apply to become a freelancer, but the system isn't accepting my License. Is there an alternative way I can get my info over to you guys?

Hi Rondriekus, 

I went ahead and shared your account concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can get back to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
eab52dc1
Community Member

Registration won’t send a verification text to my phone number.

Hi Travis,

~ Goran
Upwork
e96cd4f8
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my ID but it keeps having trouble.

I recently moved to a new house so my old ID address doesnt match the current address i put on my upwork profile. The DMV doesnt issue new IDs for address changes in CO they just put a sticker on the back with the new info and deal with it when the card expires.

I don't want to put wrong info on my upwork account incase it will cause issues later in the verification or payment process.

Any help would be appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan,

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths