cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My account verification is not going though (US based) because I have a middle name

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4061 of 4,324

Hi Nantawat and Samantha,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Samantha R Member Since: Feb 15, 2020
4062 of 4,324
Ok thank you
4063 of 4,324

Hi Hammad,

I checked your account, and one of our agents already updated your ticket providing further assistance. Please check the instruction they shared, and feel free to post your questions on the ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Skylin T Member Since: Feb 16, 2020
4064 of 4,324

I tried both my state ID and passport, they couldn't be verified, and so I am unable to apply for a job.  I don't know what gives, the files are .png, scanned images with good resolution.  Ideally, I would contact tech support of course, however none of the support links seem to work.  Please help. 

Highlighted
4065 of 4,324

Hi Skylin,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Zachary H Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
4066 of 4,324

For some reason, Upwork wouldn't accept my ID even though my picture was high resotion, followed the directions, and was clear. So I went through a chat session with a representative who said that he was fixing it and that I would be verified with a check beside my name. That didn't happen. I then had a phone call with a rep and was told the same thing and it seemed to work fro a while. But now when I login it is asking AGAIN for me to verify my ID. I'm thinking about just giving up on the platform. It's taken me hours to try and get this taken care of and now I've gone from mildly irritated to angry. At this point, I'm going to have to start telling my colleagues not to use you when they ask about freelance work. It has not remotely been worth the time I've spent on this one thing with nothing to show for it with no change in status over several weeks.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4067 of 4,324

Hi Zachary, 

It looks like you are referring to verifying your location. I would like to note that Upwork has different verifications in place, and users may be asked to complete different verification processes to ensure that the marketplace is safe for everyone. 

As for the verification that you yet to do, you are being requested to submit an ID to be able to verify your location and gain access to jobs that have a location requirement. Here is more information about this type of verification. Just the same, I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ndikum K Member Since: Feb 17, 2020
4068 of 4,324

hello,

i tried verifying my upwork account with my government id and i reached the maximum tries. So i was asked to contact customer support for that. how do i go about it.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4069 of 4,324

Hi Ndikum,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Randi S Member Since: Feb 17, 2020
4070 of 4,324

I go by my first name and married name, but my drivers license and passport have my maiden name as my middle name so Upwork couldn't verify.  Then when I went to change my account name as suggested, the request to change is now under review.  Is there any way to actually get this explained to someone so it can get straightened out?