🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: verified gov id
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
e96cd4f8
Community Member

tysm for the quick help 🙂
h_kuhn
Community Member

Hi,

The submit proposal button isn't working because my ID wasn't verified? Not sure what to do now.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Helen, 

Looks like you are yet to verify your location. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
03adf093
Community Member

I signed up with Gmail and my Username was misspelled, but I wanted to use a pen name.

Then, I was prompted to verify with id. I changed my name on the profile to my given name, and uploaded a picture of my id.

The system has blocked me saying I've had too many attempts to correct the issue.

Can a rep please assist me with this.

I don't mind customers seeing my name on the invoices or privately, but I'd like to keep the pen name on the profile. I have a few proposals out there. Please help.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Selene, 

I checked your account and can confirm that you were being requested to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

As for your pen name, we have stated in this help article that the information on any of the verification documents you submit (when requested to verify your account) should match the information on your Upwork profile. As such, we will need to be able to match the identity documents you submit for any verification with the information on your Upwork profile. As such, it would be best to use your legal name, or a variation of your first name on your Upwork profile to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork
utokac
Community Member

It seems like I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID to verify my identity so that I can access all jobs. What should I do?

joynul33
Community Member

Go to settings then cross to identity verification. If you are not able to upload please touch Upwork assist center. Verification can not guarantee to post the proposal. Before observe Upwork will approve your ID.

Have a good day!

Joynul
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
elenamiles
Community Member

Hello! why my account still paused ? I wrote few letters and you didnt answer me

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elena, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crystalina82
Community Member

I'm having alot of trouble trying to get my gov pic id (drivers license) to upload, I took a picture with 4 corners saved on jpg, I didn't change anything and its still not going through. I don't know what else to do

Thank you for reaching out to us, Crystal.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
grdorman
Community Member

I've tried to upload my Driver's License, but it keeps saying the names don't match, even though they do.

Hi Garrett,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
emoss440
Community Member

Having trouble with ID verification. It keeps saying it is having trouble analyzing but ive submitted like 30 perfect photos. Please help before i go insane!

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist in uplaoding your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
noelfigart
Community Member

When attempting to verify my phone number, I press the green Verify Phone number button, but no text is sent to my phone.

What can I do to resolve this, please?

Thank you!

Hi Noel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
paytongasson
Community Member

I have been trying for the last 30 minutes to complete my application and submit it. I got to the very end, where you're supposed to enter your phone number and you're supposed to receive a 5-digit code. No matter what I do, how many times I try to resend the code or reload the page, the code won't send. I tried finding customer support, but there appears to be no actual human-being on this site that I can talk to about fixing the problem, just a bunch of robots that aren't programmed to answer my question or help fix the problem. This is my last attempt to fix the problem. 

Hi Payton,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
huszar_marshall
Community Member

Hey there.

I live in Florida, United States and I have a problem using Upwork. I have been trying to verify my ID but Upwork is unable to accept it. I kept getting messages that Upwork has trouble verifying my ID. Please help me verify my ID. Thank you.

Hi Tony,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello everybody.

I have noticed a problem upon verifying my ID. Upwork seems to not be able to verify it. Please help since I am not sure what is happening. The picture of my ID is as described by the guidelines.

Hi Tony, 

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
85f39de6
Community Member

I'd not auto verified. Max number of attempts. Need to do selfie verification, received no ID ticket request or email.
How to proceed?
This is really inconvenient, especially because I wasn't warned I had limited attempts and I had already spent a lot of time learning how to convert .Jpg to .JPEG.
Now I am at a standstill until I am able to proceed and I want to have this completed. Especially since I now need to upload additional pictures that I will have to go through an entire process to convert.

Hi Full,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification.. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rachelray5291
Community Member

Hello. I have submitted yet another photo to verify my identification. I have followed all of the criteria and have been denied again. Can I have an actual person verify that this is adequate? I have attached my most recent submission below.

Thank you

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rachel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sk_va_svcs
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried multiple times to verfiy my ID using my Driver's Lic. and all attempts have failed.  I'ved used different camera phones, lighting, backgrounds, and cameras to do this and it will not accept it.  Is there anyway I can get help with this so that I may begin sending out proposals?

Mahalo!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Summer,

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeanreid
Community Member

Message I recieved when trying to submit a Proposal for an assignment. (You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, JEAN MARIE.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ensam
Community Member

Hello,

I uploaded my state driver's license but after I clicked the submit link I noticed that my jpeg file was upside down. Then I was notified that my verification failed and that my account was put on hold.

How can I remedy this situation? 

Hi Nantawat and Samantha,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok thank you
JoanneP

Hi Hammad,

I checked your account, and one of our agents already updated your ticket providing further assistance. Please check the instruction they shared, and feel free to post your questions on the ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lowghost
Community Member

I tried both my state ID and passport, they couldn't be verified, and so I am unable to apply for a job.  I don't know what gives, the files are .png, scanned images with good resolution.  Ideally, I would contact tech support of course, however none of the support links seem to work.  Please help. 

Hi Skylin,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zackbhill
Community Member

For some reason, Upwork wouldn't accept my ID even though my picture was high resotion, followed the directions, and was clear. So I went through a chat session with a representative who said that he was fixing it and that I would be verified with a check beside my name. That didn't happen. I then had a phone call with a rep and was told the same thing and it seemed to work fro a while. But now when I login it is asking AGAIN for me to verify my ID. I'm thinking about just giving up on the platform. It's taken me hours to try and get this taken care of and now I've gone from mildly irritated to angry. At this point, I'm going to have to start telling my colleagues not to use you when they ask about freelance work. It has not remotely been worth the time I've spent on this one thing with nothing to show for it with no change in status over several weeks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zachary, 

It looks like you are referring to verifying your location. I would like to note that Upwork has different verifications in place, and users may be asked to complete different verification processes to ensure that the marketplace is safe for everyone. 

As for the verification that you yet to do, you are being requested to submit an ID to be able to verify your location and gain access to jobs that have a location requirement. Here is more information about this type of verification. Just the same, I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths