🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork can't verify my location
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

TTh

The website won't accept my id for my verification. Can you help me please? It says I have reached my limit to try to do my id verification.
microsoff
Community Member

Hi, I've uloaded my identification the maximum number of times also and can't seem to find a resolution, though I would really have thought I'd be sent an email or something of the sort to clear this up. Can you please, please assist me with this. I'm all frustrated and can't continue looking for work because of this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Ryan

bbelknap
Community Member

I also uploaded my drivers license but still cannot submit proposals for US based jobs. I cannot locate any Upwork email. What is the email address?

Also, I do not see any link to customer service on those jobs. It just says I'm not qualified, even though I live in Oregon. Can you help?

hi

what is the support address to for id verification? Can you please share?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prashant, 

Please know that users need to upload an actual picture of themselves for their profile picture to comply with the Upwork Identity Policy. 

I would suggest that while waiting for the team to reset your attempts at verifying your location, please update your profile image with an image of yourself - sunglasses, logos, clip-art, group pictures, and digitally-altered images are not allowed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can u give me the support address please im having the same problem

Hello, 

I have this same issue and all I see are articles and nothing that actually helps. How am I able to get the support email address to fix it? Thank you!

The error code i am reciveing is based on my identification verification, i have attemtpted to upload to many times. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer and Sorin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have followed the process, clicked the link and it led me here, how do I fix this issue? 

Hi Mandy and Weronika,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have got the same problem. Says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please call customer support." and i have tried everything. Doesnt give me any email or contact No to call and sort this out.

Hi Rajendra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

thank you. Problem solved. 

I need a link to verfiy my location and ID/ 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josh and Naomi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Clicking on the contact customer support dosen't send an email. It only brings me back to the upwork community page. 😞

The name on my profile and ID are the same, but verifiation failed. Can someone please help?

I am having the same issue, but clicking on the contact cutsomer support only leads to the community support page. 😞

The name on my profile and ID are the same, but verifiation failed. I need help.

There is only one option for community. So i can't sent ticket about this problem. What should I do in this case?

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5c102908
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID to verify my location and got an email saying it was unable to be authenticated and a hold has been placed on my account. The email doesn't give any details about why it wasn't accepted.  I can't find a place to contact customer service since it bring me here.  The site gives no information about what to do in this situation, so I have no idea how to fix this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I submitted id and it reached the limit of uploads.

I am unable to put in proposals because of this. Please help!

Hi Charlotte,

It seems the team already reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you further. If you're still having trouble after following the instructions, please reply on the same ticket to let them know and they will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dnstnbrg
Community Member

I also get this error, and I see this "contact customer support" link, but when I click the link it just sends me to the generic support home page without giving me a way to contact anyone...
Thanks,

Don

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Don,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
momin1515
Community Member

""You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support""

when i click contact customer support then it takes me to this page. please help me in giving a ticket for identity verificaton

Hi Momin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

no one reached  me yet

please assist me with a support ticket

Hi Momin,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kadyck
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, I "have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID". The link to customer support takes my to the community, where it looks like I need an agent to contact me with the solution.  Please help.  Thanks.

I just submitted my CURRENT Driver's License to authenticate my location, and it rejected it. There was no option to try again. Now my account is on a hold and I can't apply for any jobs! 

Can someone help? I'm new and trying to figure this all out.

Hello Lindsay,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the contact customer support link in the message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are having some problems sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled

I am having trouble submitting a ticket!! Please help!! 

Thanks,

Minda

Thank you for reaching out to us, Minda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan,

I have not been able to submit a ticket. Every time that I click the link it just sends me to post in the community again. 

Minda

Hi Minda,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. 

You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is there customer support on this site?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths