🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I need to get my account approved new to ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
07b97e26
Community Member

hello,

i tried verifying my upwork account with my government id and i reached the maximum tries. So i was asked to contact customer support for that. how do i go about it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ndikum,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
randisalko
Community Member

I go by my first name and married name, but my drivers license and passport have my maiden name as my middle name so Upwork couldn't verify.  Then when I went to change my account name as suggested, the request to change is now under review.  Is there any way to actually get this explained to someone so it can get straightened out?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randi, 

It looks like the ID you submitted has already been verified based on the information you have in your Upwork account. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
dominic-newnes
Community Member

I've tried uploading a picture of my driver's license but it rejected it. The picture isn't blurry and all four corners are showing so why will it no upload. I can't send out proposals or get clients without them accepting my form of identification. Any help is well appreciated 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dominic.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kyleran
Community Member

When I tried to send in a proposal for a job, I was prompted to verify my ID, but everytime I upload my ID accourding to the guidlines I keep getting this message:

"We had some trouble verifying your ID
Sorry, we’re having some trouble analyzing the image of your ID at this time.
Please try again later."

Hi Kyle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.  Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
bartche
Community Member

Hi All,

As a spouse of a research scholar, I have been working as an independent statistical consultant.

Upwork seems like a great place to find new clients. However, I do not possess a Driver's license, State ID, US Passport, or Green card.

My US issued work permit seems like a decent alternative, but is not recognized by the system.

How can I verify my identity in this case?

Thanks in advance,

Sofie

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sofie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.  Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mikeredllc
Community Member

I just need help to verify my account so i can take jobs and bid on jobs. Any help is appreciated thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mikhial, 

It looks like you're referring to your location verification. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

ok thank you that would be great
garozzomatthew5
Community Member

I tried to verify my identity to access all jobs but it always failed. It says the name on my identity document doesn't match with name on my account.
Help me what I can do next.

Hi Matthew,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
j_vule
Community Member

Hi, I have had trouble uploading my ID for location verification. it says that I have reached the maximum number of attempts. Kindly help me out.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, Am yet to receive any communication from your member.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, John.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
j_vule
Community Member

Alright, I'll be waiting

mary_jisha_james
Community Member

Hi!

I received an email from upwork saying that my profile is complete and I am ready to apply. But when I tried applying it says, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Can anyone help?

Hi Mary, 

It looks like you are trying to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jmc312
Community Member

I can't get a request ID to do verfication with. 

I also don't know where to upload a photo now?

I'm locked out of everything. Any assistance would be great.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a335a9df
Community Member

I have a problem, on December 3, 2019 my home caught fire. It destryed absolutely everything. Meaning birth certificates, social security cards, and any other important piece of paper among all our belongings. So my problem is, i have no ID to verify my identity. I know i should just go get another id, but my issue is, i have no proof that they need in order to get a new photo id. Is there any other way i may verify my odentity on upwork? I tried my insurance card and another state card, but it would not sccept i suppose because they have no photo on them. Can someone please help me or ppint me in the right direction. I cannot even collect money i have already earned because i cannot verify my identity. Im so confussed and lost. Thanks in advance.
lysis10
Community Member

Bobbie F wrote:
I have a problem, on December 3, 2019 my home caught fire. It destryed absolutely everything. Meaning birth certificates, social security cards, and any other important piece of paper among all our belongings. So my problem is, i have no ID to verify my identity. I know i should just go get another id, but my issue is, i have no proof that they need in order to get a new photo id. Is there any other way i may verify my odentity on upwork? I tried my insurance card and another state card, but it would not sccept i suppose because they have no photo on them. Can someone please help me or ppint me in the right direction. I cannot even collect money i have already earned because i cannot verify my identity. Im so confussed and lost. Thanks in advance.

You can order a birth certificate online. I had to do that for employment. I think the other piece is an SSN card IIRC, and once you get a birth certificate, you can get an SSN card and then get your license. The longest thing is the birth certificate, but you can have it shipped overnight. I think you can get a license with a birth certificate and some kind of bill like mortgage, but it's been a while. You can check with the DMV site.

Hi Bobbie,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
hamby_louisa
Community Member

I have been trying to solve this for over a year now and I’m reaching out again. All of my mail goes to a PO BOX. My address is on an island where mail service doesn’t go. I will never have an address on my ID that will match any type of bill or statement. Does this mean I will never be able to work for up work?

Hi Jacinta Louisa Mar,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
enterpriresource
Community Member

Hi There, I "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID" and I am becoming irritated with this process. 

Hi Marlon Yoany,

Thanks for reaching out. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
marschou0308
Community Member

How can I get location verification with my EAD card? (I'm waiting for my state ID to be sent to me)

Please help, thank you!

Hi Mars,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify the location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirements.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bda9426
Community Member

Joanne Marie,

How can I speak directly with customer service? I am trying to work through an issue on my account that is completely restricting my ability to submit proposals and have spent almost a week looking through forums, instructions, bot chat, etc. without any progress.

If I could speak to someone directly to get this ironed out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin, 

I'm part of the Upwork team. I'm a Community Moderator for Upwork's Community (hello, and welcome!). Could you please share more information about your experience so that I can look into this for you? 

ETA: Hi Benjamin, are you referring to your location verification? I have asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you regarding this concern to assist you further. Let me know if you need further help!

~ Avery
Upwork
bda9426
Community Member

Thank you for your quick response. My understanding is that my account is
100% complete and I should be able to begin submitting proposals. However,
every time I try to submit a proposal it opens another tab with this page
saying "this link is expired".

I am not sure what this is referring to, but I would just like to get
started submitting proposals. What can we do to get this taken care of and
proposals available? I have worked on Upwork before with positive
experiences and look forward to more fully utilizing it in the future.

Thank you again for your help,

Ben Anderson

[image: image.png]
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin, 

It looks like this is indeed the reason why you're getting that error. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with completing your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My account was just put on hold because I uploaded my state issued ID and y'all couldn't verify my location.  I need work now or I wouldn't be trying to verify my location.

What do I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Clay.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths