🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID Verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
engelke_taylor
Community Member

Good morning,

I have been trying to submit my drivers license for my ID, but it won't let me and I can't do anything in my profile without that. I have several jobs that are pending that I can't submit proposals for until this is fixed and I've reached out 3 other times now.

Please help me!!

Hi Taylor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
611d83dc
Community Member

Hi, I've seen a number of topics about this issue, but I'm not sure they address my situation.

As a US citizen living in Finland for an indefinite amount of time (that is, I still have an address in the US for receiving mail, driver's license, etc.), can I apply to projects that are for freelancers located in the US? Does "located" imply physical presence, or just the right to work in the US?

If I cannot apply to these jobs, is there a way to update my location to Finland given that I'm required to use my US address? And how does this impact payment from clients?

Thank you! 

- Dan

Not about citizenship, or nationality, or family background, etc.

The "location" field on an Upwork freelancer's profile indicates where they live now.

You live in Finland, so Upwork needs that location to be Finland.

re: "As a US citizen living in Finland for an indefinite amount of time, can I apply to projects that are for freelancers located in the US?"

No.

re: "Does 'located' imply physical presence?"

Yes.

re: "...or just the right to work in the US?"

No. The "location" field has nothing to do with where you have the right to work.

You no doubt have the right to work in Tempe, Arizona. But you don't live in Tempe, Arizona. So you would not put that as location.

re: "is there a way to update my location to Finland given that I'm required to use my US address?"

You may need to work with Upwork Customer Support to change your country location, if it is currently set incorrectly.

re: "And how does this impact payment from clients?"

Location has no impact on payments. All payments on Upwork are convered to U.S. dollars.

Thanks, Preston. Much appreciated.

jonny_m
Community Member

I need to verify my ID. The upload didn't work and said I spent my 3 try's. Now I need an ID verification number to do the selfie thang. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonny,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
996f270a
Community Member

Goran V, 

Can you help remove the hold on my account?  Don't know what to do.

Thanks,

John

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

It looks like a member of the Customer Support Team has already assisted you with your concern. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
alliance-graphic
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID for ID verification a couple times, but keeps saying something is wrong.

Now it says:" You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Seems like I cannot submit proposal or accept offer before this issue gets sorted out.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi Xiaoqin,

~ Bojan
Upwork
calvinjay
Community Member

Hi! I'm afraid I've run into a problem with the site's identification system.

The web site's ID Card verifying program has not been able to analyze any scans of my ID and I am not currently able to create a scan of it larger than 72 DPI, though the picture is several megapixels across and readable to the human eye.

Is there an alternative method of identification available to me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Calvin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jordanchin
Community Member

Hello, 

I recently tried to verify my location (driver's license upload) and the automated process failed. I tried it again and a hold was placed on my account, with no further option for me to verify my identity or location. Can you please let me know the quickest way to remove the hold? 

Thank you. 

Hi Jordan,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
noah99
Community Member

My profile name and my drivers licence match but when I upload it, it says it does not. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noah, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
justinwhitaker
Community Member

I just restarted my profile a couple of days ago, and went to verify ID...but it didn't take. Now, I see the "Max # of attempts to verify ID. Contact Support" message everywhere, but there's no way to actually contact support. Very frustrating, and if it's this hard to get things fixed, why would I recommend the platform to anyone? 

Dear Mr Justin,

Hope everything is fine there. Actually i think i am not sure Upwork Deactivate automatically all those accounts whom dont sign-in for long time. Upwork is a workplace where people get work so i think this is same as we do job in a company. So if we don't go for work they will terminate us. Same here Upwork terminate those accounts whom don't sign-in for long time. But i am not sure exactly how many months Days or years is that time.
Peace

Hi Justin,

~ Bojan
Upwork
gingermostly
Community Member

I received a message to contact customer service to provide a copy of my ID, can someone help me and tell me where to send this?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ginger.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bandfield
Community Member

I tried to verify my location by uploading my identification and my account is now on a hold. I don't have any instructions from here. What do I do to fix this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
illustrates4u
Community Member

My drivers license was not accepted for verification, and I am now blocked from acquiring new projects. How do I remedy this? 

Hi Adam,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that the team has already updated your ticket, providing further assistance in completing your ID verification. Please follow the steps the team shared with you on the ticket, and feel free to post any questions you may have so that they can assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8675ab25
Community Member

Hi,

I've tried uploading a picture to verify my identity but it did not go through and now it says I've reached the maximum number of attempts. Is there a way around this so I can verify my identity? Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

~ Bojan
Upwork
jasminesmith_26
Community Member

Please help me with iD Verification. I do not see Getting Started and the site keeps sending me in circles.

Hi Jasmine,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_tahane
Community Member

Hello, I have tried multiple times to verify my ID as a freelancer and now, on my profile page, it says to contact customer support (can't do it via the website) as I have reached the maximum amount of attempts. Could you please help? Thank you in advance!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Doriane.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
charlesbrandon
Community Member

I am also having issues with the ID verification process despite successfully completing this process in the past. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Hi Charles C.,

~ Bojan
Upwork
loskinski
Community Member

Hello - My upload process has also failed.  Can I get a bit of help to unblock my account?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I'm sorry I missed seeing your post. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
moreno77
Community Member

I would like to update my  ID, but I reache teh maximun attempts. Would you please help me ? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ruthjohnson817
Community Member

Hello,

I was locked out of uploading my verification ID years ago. I have a US passport, and I'd like to try again. I was told to contact support. 

Thanks,

Ruth

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ruth.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths