🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verify Account ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
b512cc6f
Community Member

I am trying to verify my ID in the US, unfortunately only 4 options appear, none of which I have.

I do have alternative ID documents that meet the critieria from the US such as Visa and Employment Authorisation Documents. Can I use these?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nora,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b512cc6f
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

thanks for your info, given the current state of quarantine in NY due to COVID-19 I'm not able to attain any of the documents you've specified (as the all of the governemnt departments are closed). 

Could you or a member of the team please reach out to me directly to arrange a (temporary) alternative

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nora,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further advise you regarding your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mcurt
Community Member

Hello!  I have submitted my ID for verification too many times.  When I reach out through the help bot, it tells me to get in touch with support staff to resolve this issue.  What is the best way to go about solving this issue?  Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
barry-baxter
Community Member

Hello! I was told to contact a support agent and the link sent me here.  I look forward to hearing from someone!

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Hi Barry,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
03dea616
Community Member

Good morning! I have tried multiple times (and triple checked my phone number), but am still not receiving a security code to complete my profile. Could someone please contact me about this?

Thank you!

Adriane

Hi Adriane,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pivotalpen
Community Member

I reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. I took a new picture of my ID with my phone (the first was a scanned picture). How do I get more tries to upload?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kati.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fc1bfc83
Community Member

I am unable to verify my ID. The name on account and ID are exact same. Any help would be appreaciated. Thank you!

Hi Bhakti,

I checked your account, and it looks like the documents you submitted for location verification has been accepted. You may log in to your account and check. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
schmidtlauren
Community Member

Hi All! I am new to Upwork and have been trying to upload my passport for verification of identify as this will be my first application.  However, my picture keep on being rejected by the system. I am using a camera phone and have tried to follow all the instructions. Any guidance on how to proceed would be helpful. All the best, Lauren 

Hi Lauren,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
laleclair
Community Member

Hello I have been trying for 2 days to get verified and it has just sent me in a circle. It says I can check my ticket/ request but when I go to the link it is blank. There is no link or button to submit anything and I'm at a standstill. 

Hi Lydia,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bahadirharmanci
Community Member

Hello,

I am a Turkish freelancer who is in USA currently. I would like to verify my account and submit proposals. Is it possible for me to work as a freelance at Upwork? I am trying but not being able to verify my account with my Turkish passport or touristic USA visa.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Bahadir,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mcknight_shelly
Community Member

How does this happen? I tried calling support, but no one is answering. How can I fix this? My account is public but I can't apply for jobs.

Hi Shelly, 

It looks like you're trying to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
micahsiva
Community Member

hi - 

I recently moved the the US and am waiting for my phyiscal green card in the mail. I have my immigration visa in my passport and SSN number, but it says they are unsupported location verification means.

As I also cannot get a drivers permit or a state ID due to COVID closures, how can I verify my location?

Thanks

Micah

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Micah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fcfd11e0
Community Member

I am trying to upload my State ID : Temp from Minnesota. I have applied for Real ID , I currently have the Tmp Paper Based ID given to me.

I am not able to upload the same.

Please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sukanya, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
allison-schnake
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to verify my location identity. I have uploaded a picture of my driver's license, but for some reason, it is saying my names don't match. But they do....I saw somewhere our identity could be manually identified??? Help, please!

Hi Allison,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3917e44f
Community Member

My greencard is still on hold. Is there anyway I can verify my identification through US Employment Authority Card and SS card?

iamjomz
Community Member

Hello Mawi, 

Not sure if that form of ID is accepted but you can view a list of accepted IDs through this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-Verification

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mawi, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ermirdhs
Community Member

I can not verify my ID. I am using my newly issued NYC Identification card.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ermir, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
umarshamir25
Community Member

Hello there! I also have the same problem. Is it possible to make a video call for the identity verification?

Hi Umar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I think the agent got it on a different email. That email was from an Upwork profile that has been compromised and I closed it a few years back. It should be sent to this email instead. This is the current profile I'm trying to get it verified. The previous profile was not even verified and then it got compromised, so I closed that one. the email is **edited for Community Guidelines**

. Thank you!

Hi Umar, 

It looks like you already responded to your open ticket regarding this concern. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
aa31e80e
Community Member

I have a clear, unedited photo of my ohio-issued driver's license, and the identity verification system is telling me that my license-type is unsupported.  I don't know how to move forward.

Also, the name on my driver's license is no longer my legal name, but I have the appropriate paperwork from my local municipal court dictating the name change. Please help

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aa31e80e
Community Member

Thank you; I'll be waiting

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths