cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My valid ID was not validated and I am not sure what to do.

Highlighted
Anjali A Member Since: May 16, 2020
4291 of 4,303
Thank you so much!
Highlighted
Liliia R Member Since: May 19, 2020
4292 of 4,303
Hi , I have a work permit as the only ID government document , but system won’t verify it . Can it be verified manually by your support team ?
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4293 of 4,303

Hi Liliia,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing a W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Courtney T Member Since: May 21, 2020
4294 of 4,303

I am trying to apply for a job posting and was asked to verify my name and upload a government issued ID. When I uploaded my U.S. passport it returned a message saying that it was unable to verify my ID and that I should check my email for more information. The email said there is now a hold placed on my account and I cannot submit new proposals. This is very time sensitive and I would appreciate anyone's help in solving this.

Highlighted
4295 of 4,303

Hi Courtney,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
michael s Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
4296 of 4,303

I am a US citizen but will move out of the country in some months. Can I keep bidding on US-only jobs?

Highlighted
4297 of 4,303

Hi Michael

The US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Brooke D Member Since: May 22, 2020
4298 of 4,303

In trying to accept my first job offer, which I am very very excited about, I was asked to verify my ID. I submitted a picture of my state ID, but it was not validated and I got a message saying my account is on hold and I can't accept any proposals. I am not sure what to do. Please help! Thank you!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4299 of 4,303

Hi Brooke,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jaman M Member Since: May 25, 2020
4300 of 4,303

Hello,

I am unable to verify my verification for a freelancer.

Thanks,

MD

**Edited for community guidelines**     

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS