Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passport/ID upload

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4341 of 5,122

Hi Quinn,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolinavega46
Yohana V Member Since: May 27, 2020
4342 of 5,122

I currently reside in the USA, where I have an active lease arrangement. However, my passport and citizenship is not from the USA. How can I change that so that I can upload a copy of my passport? What should I do? Please advise

bstojadinovic
4343 of 5,122

Hi Carolina,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally (shifted the wording a bit), they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S. (added periods to the U.S. to be consistent) location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver's license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card. Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to advise about it legally.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolinavega46
Yohana V Member Since: May 27, 2020
4344 of 5,122
I usually work under a W-8ben. How do I upload my foreign passport?
bstojadinovic
4345 of 5,122

Hi Carolina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
evensonjeff
Jeff E Member Since: May 27, 2020
4346 of 5,122

My drivers license has expired, because of Cobid 19 I have not been able to renew. How do I apply for gigs?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4347 of 5,122

Hi Jeff,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tostrye
Tom O Member Since: May 28, 2020
4348 of 5,122

I've tried uploading my ID so many times, and now I am told to contact support. Now what?

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

bstojadinovic
4349 of 5,122

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tom.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
katerina-mcneil
Katerina M Member Since: Dec 7, 2019
4350 of 5,122

I have been trying to upload my ID for verification, however I keep getting a message that is was not succesful.

The picture was taken correctly and meets all the requirements. Any advice on what to do?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS