🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID VERIFICATION
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I usually work under a W-8ben. How do I upload my foreign passport?

Hi Carolina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
evensonjeff
Community Member

My drivers license has expired, because of Cobid 19 I have not been able to renew. How do I apply for gigs?

Hi Jeff,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tostrye
Community Member

I've tried uploading my ID so many times, and now I am told to contact support. Now what?

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tom.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
katerina-mcneil
Community Member

I have been trying to upload my ID for verification, however I keep getting a message that is was not succesful.

The picture was taken correctly and meets all the requirements. Any advice on what to do?

Hi Katerina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
melaniemeltzer
Community Member

Hi Melanie,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kathy090
Community Member

Hi, I can't submit a proposal. I clicked the submit a proposal button and it jumped to the next page but it was blank. It didn't show if I have successfully submitted it or not. I went back to the project page and found out I still have the same amount of connects. Could you tell what to do to submit a proposal? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathy,

~ Bojan
Upwork
youssefrady123
Community Member

Why didn't you accept my ID?

Youssef S wrote:

Why didn't you accept my ID?

Which ID did you submit?

Where are you located? There's something off with your time zone. 

Hi Youssef,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.  Could you please confirm that you're currently located in the US?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4fadb842
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork, and I was on the process of uploading my ID for verification, yet after I uploaded my driver license ID, I received the email that says "Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded."

and my account is on the hold. May I ask for the reason why? I didn't get any explanation. All of the informations are exactly the same from my id and my profiles. 

What should I do to lift this on hold?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Zhaoyi.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0dc88333
Community Member

Hi, I'm an international student in the US on an F1 visa with an OPT EAD card. I don't have a US-issued driver's license, how can I verify my identity? 

THnaks ! 

Hi Jennifer,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket, and assist you in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello!

Following up on this community discussion, nobody has reached out yet, can
I get an estimate on when this can be resolved? Thank you:

Hi 0dc88333,

a Community user (Moderator) posted a new reply in New to Upwork
on
06-04-2020 05:24 PM :

------------------------------

Re: F1 OPT Student with EAD, no US driver's license, Identity Verification

Hi Jennifer,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket, and
assist you in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
28e21d2c
Community Member

I do not have a green card OR a state ID. I have a visa, a US work permit (EAD card), and a DL from my own country. But the ID verification system does not accept any of these. 

Hi Nazli,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lynnsamantha64
Community Member

I am unable to verify my ID. please help me verify my location

Hi Samantha,

~ Bojan
Upwork
madebyali
Community Member

Hi I have an issue with the ID verification process.

It asks me to upload a US ID which i still don't have as i'm in the process of getting my residency permit.

But I live in LA and my name is on the lease agreement.

I have a US Bank account and a valid US visa.I am married to a US resident.

I applied for my employment authorization document as well.

so what i can do with my available documents to verify my account

Hi Amr,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tylerrgonelli
Community Member

Hi I was asked to upload my ID when I went to submit for a job. It's never happened before. I tried to upload my ID then it was rejected and said I reached the maximum number of attempts and my account was locked from proposing jobs. How do I fix this?

Hi Tyler,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c76d334c
Community Member

Hi, I was trying to upload ID to verify my identity, but all the options out there (driver license, US passport, State ID, and Green Card) don't apply to me. I'm holding a non-US passport and an EAD card (Employment Authorization Document) issued by US Citizen and Immigration Service. How can I verify my identity with the doc? Thanks!

Hi Tatiana,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ltarasevicius
Community Member

Getting below error:
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to contact support other than posting on this forum.

Hi Lukas,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
felix_evans
Community Member

Hello, i got this message from upwork. I need assistance pls.
""You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.""

Note; I had previously done a video and id verification but it seems upwork wants my id details again

Hi Tochukwu,

I just checked this for you and it looks like you were able to resolve this concern. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e841f13b
Community Member

Hi,

I received an error message stating that i have reached the maximum number of tries to uplaod my ID.  I uploaded a valid ID and still received this mesage.  Please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Charles.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pichardo-raymond
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

How can I fix this issue?

Hi Raymond,

~ Bojan
Upwork
tbksandeep
Community Member

Hi, Upwork supporter team. Hope you are doing well.I have been working upwork as a client since 2012 and I created freelancer account recently.I tried to upload my ID(Driver License) but failed.I am not sure why. The image I tried was matched with your conditions. I can send my Driver License image if you need it.Please help me regarding this. Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths