🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalyan Sandeep,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
johnson_omotunde
Community Member

I have not been able to submit a proposal since my account was on hold.

lately, I tried verifying my account, but the feedback was that I've reached the maximum number of ID verification. I want you to help me do something to that, please.

Hi Johnson,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Could you please confirm that you're currently located in the US? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
pashayev_seymour
Community Member

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have tried to search for the solution on the upwork help page; however, it seems that the page won't load properly, so I decided to reach out for some help here.

I am an international student at Augsburg University in MN, USA. I have created an account, provided all of the information needed; however, I do not have a green-card or other type of us verification (including the drivers licence). Is there a way I could use my international passport to verify my identity and start working?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Seymour,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally, they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S.  location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver's license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card. Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to advise about it legally.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
christinnelee
Community Member

I am having issues with ID verification. Format is correct. Please assist

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vickywubetter
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am a foreign national living in the US, looking to earn major-specific experience through Upwork. I have my EAD for OPT. So I am authorized to work as long as the work is related to my major. I am not able to pass the ID verification because I don't have the required ID types. How do I solve the question

Hi Fengyou,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally, they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver's license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card. Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to advise about it legally.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
joeldsiegel
Community Member

I was trying to use Upwork and was looking at jobs.  It did not allow me to click "submit a proposal" so I looked into why and it said I needed to add "connects" I added $12 worth of connects in hopes of being able to apply for some jobs.  I found out I was still unable to submit a proposal.  Upon further invesigation I was told I need to verify my account.  I have not received any verification email or notification, I checked with the Chat bot and tried that way and it did not allow me to verify.  I have no notifications to verify nor does it say anywhere that my profile is under review.  My profile is at 100% complete as well.  I would appreciate a refund of my money and then I would like to leave Upwork please.

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
itsashleymeyer
Community Member

I can't bid on any gigs because I've hit my max ID upload attempts. Can someone from your team please reach out to me to address that? 

Thanks.

Hi Ashley,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

@Bojan, when do you think that will happen? It's been several days now and I'm still waiting on that message. 

Thanks. 

Hi Ashley,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
brownren
Community Member

I need help with verification process

Hi Renee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
vssebastian89
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to accept a freelance offer but unfortunately, I cannot complete the ID verification because my drivers license has expired since the state of emergency situation for COVID 19 in Maryland. Is there anything else that I can do? My passport is expired as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Hi Veronica,

I checked your account, and I can see that one of our team members have already updated your ticket to assist you further in completing the location verification process. Please feel free to post any questions you have on the ticket, and the agent will be happy to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
treykagirl
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identity by uploading my driver's license. However, Upwork only asks for first and last name; my ID contains my first, middle and last name. That means it keeps saying my name doesn't match. Can my identity be manually confirmed?

Input the name like that, it will work

I already tried it. It doesn’t work.

Hi Tracie, 

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
joshua-roland
Community Member

I'm returning to Upwork after a hiatus of a few years and need to verify my ID but when I try it says the names do not match. I've now hit the limit on tries and was told to contact support.

Hi Joshua,

~ Bojan
Upwork
caspersparks
Community Member

I attempted to uploaded my I.D for my profile, but it was rejected and now my profile is locked? 

please help, i want to get payed?

sam

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jayashri-kharvi
Community Member

Please help.

I have a valid government issue ID but verification process is unable to identify. Please advise.

Hi Jayashri,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne

jayedits
Community Member

tried 3 times to upload my id. All the photos were clear and meet the photo requirments but now i cant try to upload the id anymore. 

Hi Justin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hazha
Community Member

Hi there,

I am a freelancer. I am not able to verify my account although I have uploaded my passport page many times. Please help me to fix this. I am from outside the U.S. anyone else has had that issue?

Thank you

Hazha Ahmed

Hi Hazha,

You can use any other official document like Driving License or National ID card, just choose your country

Hi Hazha,

Please, note that the location on the freelancers account needs to accurately represent the freelancer's actual physical location. One of our team members will reach out to further assist you with your concern. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
tracihealey
Community Member

I tried uploading my drivers license to verify my location but it was not accepted and says based on my previous attempts (I believe this is the only time I've tried) that I'm not eligible to verify my location and to contact customer support. Please advise how to verify my location and begin submitting proposals for jobs.

Thank you,

Traci Healey

Hi Traci,

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenlyynguyen
Community Member

I tried to verify my identity, but it wasn't able to now my account is on hold. Who do i connact? there doesn't seem to be a number i can call. 

Hi Jenly, 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
knguyen80
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm starting to build out my freelance profile and when I go to submit a proposal, the button is greyed out. I also get a message regarding verifying my ID at top. I clicked on contact customer support and brought me to the community site. Hoping someone can lend a hand to help out on what I can do to confirm my ID. 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths