🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID not Valid, yet I'm using a Drivers Lic...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dharmesh,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
javaherynegin
Community Member

my account is on hold, because of my ID verification attempt was more than of limited times, i already submitted other request for help and followed your suggestion to clear cash and cookies on my browsers and UPWORK but now I don't have option to try agin to upload ID in my account setting.
I really like to work with this app specially in this pandemic time period please help me to fix this problem soon

Thank you for reaching out to us, Negin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
thegab22
Community Member

Whenever I look at job posting, I get a notification that I have reached the maxed number of times to verify my ID and that I need to contact customer support. I'm not sure what went wrong with uploading my ID, it was always something minor. I only have a passport as ID. How do I verify my ID?

Hi Gabrielle,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
owrussell21
Community Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Is there any way to solve this?

-Owen

Hi Owen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d39b4618
Community Member

I cant varify my ID help me please

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Riverboat.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hibasabir
Community Member

Is it safe to verify your Upwork account using your passport instead of a national ID? 

Yes

mounilili
Community Member

please helpe me quiqlyi
've reached the maximum number of tries to uploaod my iD.
i want to retry
somebody INVITED ME TO WORK
please helpe me please

mounilili
Community Member

please helpe me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lili,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Could you please confirm if you're currently located in the US? 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pandya_urvi
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to validate my ID but its failing. The format of my IDs is Indian as all my documents are created in India and I am here on my visa. So I think it is not able to validate due to different formats. I can provide my Visa stamps and US work Authorization to ID me but that options are not available. Please help me out here as I am not able to bid on projects because of that. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks, Urvi

Hi Urvi,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. It's not possible to verify the location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nbrien1111
Community Member

I am trying to start working and submitting proposals but it is telling me that I failed to upload my ID too many times and i need to contact support. When i follow the link it brings me to an automated system that  isn't much help. How do i contact upwork directly?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nicole.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fahey_shannon
Community Member

I am trying to verify my ID. I uploaded a photo of my ID once and it told me that I had exceeded my attempts and has locked me out from applying for jobs. It was a clear photo and it was my first attempts. How do I get this fixed? How can I try again?

Thanks!

Hi Shannon,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sku2348
Community Member

I need to verify my identity, but I have used my allotted attempts. How can I get verified?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

~ Bojan
Upwork
dtuuri
Community Member

Hello Upwork Hive!

I created an account ~10 years ago and just reactivated. However when I went to do the ID verification it failed within a few moments and the tab/section no longer exists.

How can I complete this requirement in order to use the platform? I'm happy to do a voice or video verification but those options do not appear.

I am a US Citizen who submitted a photo of my drivers license.

Hi Dan,

We'll have one of our team members reach out and assist you in verifying your location. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lucy-salazar
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID got an email saying it was unable to be authenticated and a hold has been placed on my account. .  I can't find a place to contact customer service, and the site gives no information about what to do in this situation.

krummarket
Community Member

Hello, I can't verify my ID because it said : 
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Please help me, what do I need to do.
Thank you!

Hi Roman,

I've escalated your concern and someone from our team will be reaching out to you via a support ticket.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
martintiffanie
Community Member

I need to upload my id but my last name is different on here. My driver's license says Martin and on here it is Williamson. 

Hi Tiffanie,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your pending verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
robfreeborn
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. Seems like there's a real issue with this "automatic verification" platform. Any suggestions? 

Hi Rob,

~ Bojan
Upwork
coolcats4u
Community Member

I have uploaded government id but i want to delete it now. how should i do it>?

Hi Hemavathy,

If you choose to go through location verification by uploading an image of your ID, any data will be encrypted and securely processed, and your image will not be stored by Upwork. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
emilyscole
Community Member

Hello. I've been trying to upload several images of my diver's license in order to verify my identification, but every time I get an error. I can't remember the specific words and didn't think to screenshot until after I'd received a message saying I'd reached the maximum number of attempts. I tried using an image with flash, without flash, I tried different orientations, etc. I have the correct ID to verify with, but it's not being accepted. I just want to work. Please help.

Hi Emily,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
olivia0817
Community Member

My Driver's License isn't going through as a valid ID method for verification. I have a Vertical aligned Drivers License. Why can I not Verify Myself with a vertical license? Every time I try to verify, I make sure there are no glares or blurs in the photo of my ID, yet somehow it "isn't a valid form of ID".

Any ideas what I can do?

Hi Olivia,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
donnaander
Community Member

I've tried to upload my ID and keep getting unable to verify.  Reached maximum number of tries.  Now what do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Donna,

~ Bojan
Upwork
geemili
Community Member

I just signed back onto the site after a couple years, and while updating my profile, my identity verification failed. Now there's a notification above the job search telling me that I've submitted my ID the maxmum number of times and need to contact customer support to resolve this. What can I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths