🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account On Hold After Verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi LeRoyce,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mri96
Community Member

Hi, on the account verification page it goes for US based IDs. However, I am not a citizen of the US but have work authorization. The ID I have is from Bangladesh (my passport) and I can show my work authorization too. Please tell me how to do that.

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ussecretary
Community Member

I have attempted to verify my ID but it says I have failed do to maximum attempts. Can someone please help me?

Hi Julie,

I see there's already a support ticket created for your case. Please refer to it for further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pnwdrones
Community Member

hen can I get my id veried - I never get promised email when the auto id verify fails.

Hi John,

One of our agents will assist you directly via email in completing your location verification process. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ace093a7
Community Member

Hello, I tried to verify my ID and was told that Upwork was unable to verify it and now my account has been put on hold. How long will it be put on hold for? and Are there other ways I can verify my Identity?

Hi Auriana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gabriella_prado
Community Member

I am unable to verify my id so I can apply for work each time I try to a system message comes on sayingYou've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please". 

Hi Gabriella,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dockistry
Community Member

Need to upload ID. Where do I do that? There are no links to the page

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
medcraftsaje1
Community Member

Hello, I am new to Upwork and am having trouble uploading a form of ID to start working. I have tried uploading various photos of my Hawai’i state ID and Australian Passport. I am a citizen of US, however don’t have a driver’s license or US Passport and my Green card has expired. Hopefully someone from your team can help me. Aloha.

Hi Saje,

I see you have already submitted a support request about your situation, someone from our team will review and update you shortly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
das_udayan
Community Member

I have tried multiple times to verify my ID and the AI is simply not working. Is there a place that I can email the ID to for verification? Or somewhere I can upload it?

Hi Udayan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cbc50b2e
Community Member

Hi there,

I just joined Upwork today and my account creation went smoothly.  I found a job I would love to do and once I attempted to submit a proposal I was asked to submit a form of ID for verification.  I submitted a clear photo of my drivers license and then was informed my account was placed on hold, and I'm a bit confused whereas to go from here.

I would love some help, thank you for reading.

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you 🙂

cbc50b2e
Community Member

Hey there,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and have been having some issues since then.  Yesterday when attempting to verify my ID, my account was placed on hold.  I made a post here and got in contact with support, who send me additional steps to verify my account.  I completed these steps and a few hours later received an email saying welcome to Upwork, so I'm assuming my verification was accepted.

However, I still cannot submit any proposals for jobs as I'm met with the message, "you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."  

Additionally, when I first made my account I accidently made it under the name Satori Blue since that is my email and it autofilled.  I requested my name be changed, and something quite odd happened.  The change was approved, however it only changed in a few placed.  When I click my icon or am on the support forms, it shows my actual name (William Power) but when I click to view my profile and to preview how my profile looks to the public, the name is still Satori Blue.  I've added a screen snippet to show what exactly I mean.

Thank you for all your help, sorry for having so many issues right away!

Hi William,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in verifying your location via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sueraazdesign
Community Member

Hi! I am in the U.S and I have identification issued by the United States Government. in this case an Employment Authorization Card. What can I do so that this identification is allowed as a proper ID verification document. I called Tech support and they tell me that it is accepted, but I can't get the system to allow me to upload so that my ID is verified manually by Upwork.

I do not have a U.S passport or Green Card, or License or State ID. 

Hi Sue,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. It's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aaf5fb11
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I just got a freelance gig, but not able to start until I ger my ID verified.  I am not a U.S citizen, and I do not have a green card, U.S. passport, a driver license, and a state ID. I wonder if Upwork can accept other forms of ID,  like Passport from other countries and other types of work permits, and where I can get them verified.

This article only states what Upwork needs from us, but never tell us where we can provide our own IDs.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227

Cindy

Cindy you can use any of the official ID proof that Identify your Identity like Passport, Driving Licence etc.

But where I can upload them? They only accept U.S. issued IDs through the ID verification window.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yitong,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

~ Bojan
Upwork
98fb4180
Community Member

how can I upload my Visa Information for my ID options?

Hi John,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
amylambertwrites
Community Member

I'm having issues getting my ID verified. I followed the guidelines and instructions, and it continued to tell me it couldn't accept my ID. Then it ended up locking me out and now for weeks I haven't been able to retry or get in touch with anyone. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I resolve this? Thank you! 

Hi Amy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your verification. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
robertofajardo
Community Member

I have tried to verify my ID and I got denied all the times I need help to fix this

Hi Roberto,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ianharrisnyc
Community Member

Hi guys,

I have a client ready to hire me, but Upwork won't accept my IDs.
I've submitted several times (Georgia State ID) according to their specs.

Can someone please help me?

Hi Arian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
629ce4a1
Community Member

I just submitted my Upwork profile and it asked me to verify my ID by uploading a driver's license. I did that, and then it told me "we were unable to authenticate your ID." All the info on my driver's license is correct, so I don't understand why that happened, and Upwork gave me no information as to whether or not they will follow up.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did Upwork ever follow up and fix the problem? I'm frustrated and can't find any helpful information.

Hello Rilee,

You may see this article below, may be this could help you.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-Verification

Hi RiLee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fakehaa
Community Member

yes happened to me too. I recieved an email from support just now. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths