🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't verify my account
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
fakehaa
Community Member

I had made my upwork profile a month or so back, but havent started working yet. I tried to send a proposal for a job and it asked me to verify my identity which i did by uploading my Valid USA driving liscence and i got an email back saying they cannot verify my id and put a hodl on my account. NO explanations as to why it did not accept and no cotact information to talk to someone to work out the issue. 

What am I supoose to do now? HOw does anyone go from here?

Hi Fakeha, 

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fakehaa
Community Member

Thank you Andrea. I appreciate someone reaching out to me. When I click on to the support ticket it says my issues are solved. They arent. I hope they do reach out to me regarding my ticket and not assume that it has been solved becasue the staus in the bar says it. 

Looking forward to the help, 

Thanks so much

fakehaa
Community Member

Mary I agree with you , I also have one major issue with this system. There seems to be absolutely no way to contact and get help or call number associated . I have uploaded my drivers liscence which is Valid. I dont know what the issue is and all I got was email saying they have placed my account on hold because they cannot seem to to verify it. 

What to do next? How does one go about assuring their identity and veryfing their credentials? who can I reach out to? We are here to find work as freelancers and help those who need it. Instead of giving proposals I have spent half of my day figuring out how and who to reach out to me regarding the issue. Still no one has bothered.

I am at my wits end quite honestly. 

PLease help

fakehaa
Community Member

I havent even started sending proposal yet. I tried to apply for one as  a freelancer and I get an email from upwork on account hold. I uploaded my Valid drivers liscence. Still in a limbo here. Can I send proposals or not? what to do next? what Id verification do you need? How does one get their account aactiavted etc?

fakehaa
Community Member

Nichola if one gets stuck on the very first step and there is no one to reach out to , where do we go from there? I logged in to my account last night. Found a fitting job and wanted to send a proposal. When I clicked on it I was propted to a window to verify my ID, so I uploaded my Valid Driving Liscence. All I got was an email from upwork sayign that they have put my accoutn on hold since they cannot verify my ID. 

No reason as to why or what to do next or who to contact. I have been trying since morning to reach out to any help or support. Franky, autobot doesnt help when it cant even understand my confusion. I havent even started getting a job as yet. Im new to the upwork community. Am I supposed to delete accoutn aadn apply again?what else do you need? its very discouraging when you see no one there to help out when we are trying to understand a system. 

ianharrisnyc
Community Member

Hi there,

I’ve been attempting to verify my identity for five (5) days to no avail.

I’ve supplied;

State ID
US Passport Card
Bank Statement

Yet my efforts are consistently kicked back to me and I’m not given the option to actually speak with someone (just no-reply email addresses).

Can someone please help? I have a contract that I’m unable to accept until I successfully pass the process.

Thank you.

Hi Arian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rodolfomonte
Community Member

Hello

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. What can I do?

Hi Rodolfo,

Someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jblitzy
Community Member

Hello,

I just uploaded my ID and got an email a couple of minutes after, I do not not what I missed, can anybody tell me how I can fix this or who to contact to get that information?

Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded.
As a result, we have placed a hold on your account. Please know you will still be able to work and complete any open contracts and withdraw earnings, but you won't be able to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.
We are sorry to have to take this step, but we must for the safety of our marketplace. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
The Upwork Team

Hi Julius,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
kaylacrwright
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork, and when I was creating my profile, I uploaded my driver's license in which the address needed to be updated, and didn't match my current information. I recently had it updated, but now it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." 

How do I resolve this? 

Hi Kayla,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your location via a support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jmichaels18
Community Member

HELP! I have tried several times to redo my ID verification. I cannot contact the so called customer service because they simply do not care. This is the only place I was allowed to go. Please help me 

I need to redo my ID verification.

Hi Jacob,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your location via a support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aa5540f4
Community Member

Hello,

Despite having a very clear image of my id, my attacehment was still rejected and I recieved the attached error message.. Is there a way to resolve this? 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jermain.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jjager
Community Member

I need to verify my identitfication with a customer support agent.  My government id clearly states my first name on the id as it is written in the system.  The site now states that I have exceeded the amount of times to verify identity.  I need help getting this fixed, or I need to close my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ogor2812
Community Member

I have this same issue. I was initially unsure about Upwork so I registered with an unofficial name (it's my name but not on my documents). I changed it but the verification documents, I do not have the one on the list. I newly migrated from Canada to the US and currently have an Employment Authorization Document. How do I verify my identity?

Hi Emerald,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. I’ve also shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dsayiner
Community Member

Hi,

I have my work permit, SSN and today I got my driver's permit but I still cannot verify my account.

What should I do?

Thank you

Hi Dugyu, 

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3daf1946
Community Member

Hello,

I just created an UpWork profile yesterday, attempted to verify my drivers license, and immediately recieved an email saying it was inauthentic. When going to my profile to attempt the process again, I come to a webpage that reads "you don't currently have access to this page." How do I proceed? How do I request a video call to confirm my identity?

Thank you,

Jordan Y.

Hi Jordan,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rafaarroyo
Community Member

I sumitted my ID several times and reached the limit for verification, I was told to contact for help but it's been so hard. Anyone know how to solve my problem?? 

Hi Rafael,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
brouke
Community Member

I attempted to get my ID verified, but was told to try again later. Does that really mean try again later or is that the default response if the ID is rejected for a reason such as too blurry, etc?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to complete it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
zachsheneman
Community Member

I'm also having a similar issue. I tried uploading a picture of my government ID and it didn't match my Upwork name. (Zach/Zachary.) I updated my Upwork name to match and tried the process again--several times--and now it won't let me verify at all. Any work arounds for this? I can't find a way to initiate a video verification call with a real person.

Hi Zachary,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
rcolson
Community Member

I am unable to verify my ID using the forms provided. First, it was clear the Real ID's new LN (last name), FN (first, middle name) format is not recognized by Upwork and I was requested to update my Upwork account name. Upon retrying it's telling me that the same image used is now not of valid filetype, size, or DPI.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan Cameron,

~ Bojan
Upwork
nhat175
Community Member

Help

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID....

-Nhat

Hi Nhat,

One of our agents will assist you directly in verifying your location via a support ticket. Thanks. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sgoddard19
Community Member

My driver's license is poor quality and no way to enhance it so it keeps getting rejected. Is there any other way to verify identity?

Hi Stacy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you further with your verification. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mcrobbins
Community Member

Account name matches ID exactly but system keeps telling me it can't verify because name doesn't match.

Hi Michele,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths