🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Feras.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lotta-luoma
Community Member

Hi! I changed my last name recently and moved from Europe to US. Now Upwork is asking my ID because of name change and address change, it needs to be US passport, green card, state ID or drivers license. I don`t have any of those yet (green card is pending) I only have my US employment authorization. How I am supposed to verify myself? When the system doesn`t approve my ID. I would like to speak straight to somebody, but can`t find email or support anywhere. Thanks if anybody can help.

Hi Lotta,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
angel4hire00
Community Member

I rarely come on UpWork anymore because many of the gigs don't apply to me usually - different skills than what I have usually but when I do find a gig that matches I expect to be able to submit a proposal.  I figure it will probably take less time to get approved for one of these gigs and start working on the work than to go with the process of multiple interviews, tech assessments, etc. that one has to normally endure for even a contract role these days.  

I tried to submit a proposal and I get a message saying I've exhausted my attempts to submit my ID - I don't recall EVER submitting my ID - I've never been asked to my knowledge.  So what do I have to do to get this approval so I can submit proposals.

I dealt w/ the bank account verification that never works - I never get the transactions in my bank's transaction record so I can never get verified that way to do US only gigs but that's ok - I'm fine working for entities around the world.  But now this ID verification???

I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get a bleeding job - I could get a job at a supermarket with a lot less of a headache or hemmoraging involved.

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your verification process.  One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
garciaraymond001
Community Member

Not sure why, but my ID verification keeps failing. I would love to work on UpWork but it just seems as though I can't get through this. I tried searching it up, and found a link to a "video verification" site, but whenever I clicked on it it'll take me straight to UpWork's Help page. I literally cannot click on anything because it will automatically just send me back to UpWork's Help page, every single time. 

Hi Raymond,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
thacarter5
Community Member

It's not verifying my drivers license. Where do I get help? Terrible customer support to start out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Calvin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
naveediqbal-zain
Community Member

I've tried only 1 time to upload my driving license but the error shows me that you have tried too many times to upload your DL that's why we hold your i'd 😞

Hi Zain,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kacytomlin05
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to create my profile and am having trouble. I am currently on military orders in Sasebo, Japan and am having trouble completing my profile because FPO is not an option for the state in the address verification. How do overcome this problem? Does this website cater to military overseas?

Hi Kacy,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3b9d780e
Community Member

I am so shocked that I cannot talk to someone on the customer service team to help me with an issue. The website is not reading my ID correctly to verify my name, and now I cannot apply for any jobs because it says i've tried too many times. The Help & Support page doesnt work - it keeps just loading back to the main screen no matter what button you push. I need help please!!

Hi Bobbi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your verification. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
3b9d780e
Community Member

Hi! Was my question removed from the forum? Unfortunately the help &
support page where I am assuming i go to create a ticket, is not working
for me. When I click the area I need help it, it loads back to the exact
page over and over again. Please help

Hi Bobbi,

You can check your previous posts by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner and going to your profile. I have escalated your concern and one of our agents will be reaching out to you directly in order to assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lllll_ky
Community Member

Hi,

I got some issues with uploading my ID for verification. I currently live in New York, but I'm not a US citizen; therefore I don't have any ID from the list(Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Green Card). I tried to upload my VISA or EAD card but still can't be verified. Even the non-US job asks me to verify my ID. How do I fix it?

Hi Kay,

~ Joanne
Upwork
dsayiner
Community Member

I moved to the USA a year ago and I couldn't verify my identity. Now I had my id but I cannot find the link where I can verify my identity. Can somebody help me, please? Thank you

Hi Duygu,

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrsantonetti
Community Member

What's the deal? I've tried to load my driver's license 3 times. I get a message something like, "can not be verified at this time. Try again later.

Hi Victoria,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in uploading your ID to verify your location. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Well, I've been waiting! Are you people awake?

I have been waiting months now for someone to help me. I uploaded my Driver's License and for some unexplainable reason, your system won't verify my Driver's License.

18fddec6
Community Member

Hello there, My name is Christopher and I am a 25-year-old, I'm new to this company and I have a question regarding the Government Photo ID card Regulation for identity purposes. I currently don't have any official government-issued photo id cards since I haven't been able to obtain one yet due to financial reasons. however, I do have an original Brith certificate with my full legal name on it and I have multiple bank statements and I also have a Government-issued Medicaid card with my full name and my SSN on it and I could also provide a screenshot of myself as well. but I just don't have a government photo id card to provide would this be an issue or could I provide my birth certificate and my Medicaid card for proof of my identity? - Christopher R. 

Hi Christopher,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You'll be able to access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
joseph_stacy
Community Member

Hi,

I keep trying to verify my ID with the Upwork system, but every time I do, it fails. My State ID is in the vertical format, and as such it doesn't match the systems ID reference. How can I still get verified to work here?

I have no other valid identification at this time.

Hi Joseph,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mcx92
Community Member

Hello.
I am living in the USA. I got an EAD card and SSN, but my account has been placed on hold after uploading my card as my ID. I am allowed to work and pay taxes in the USA, but I don't have a green card yet. Is there any way I can verify my ID and my location?

Thanks in advance for your help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lachrisha_s
Community Member

I am having this same issue. Can someone please assist in resolving this issue? 

Getting this error:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

I have uploaded my driver's license three times but it says that verification failed. 

I need help with this. 

Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi LaChrisha,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having this same issue. Can someone please assist in resolving this issue? 

Getting this error:

To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Please help, I'd love to work.

Hi Alison,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
uq00
Community Member

I messed up and accidentally got locked out of the verification process. I got this message: 

Please help!

Thank you 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

The person took 18 hours to respond, and she only restated her original advice, which was completely unhelpful. 

She sent me a link to verify my ID, but it's asking for a utility bill (or similar). I can't provide that, because my mailing address is currently inaccessible due to COVID. What can I do? Can the verification process be "reset" so I just need to provide an ID? 

Thank you.. getting quite frustrated. 

Hi Mia,

I can see that one of our agents is already assisting you directly via ticket. The agent will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bb0d71cd
Community Member

I am having the same issue after submitting a photo of my drivers licence. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana,

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths