🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I need to open a support ticket
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
20c56bd5
Community Member

I am a Non-US citizen based in Geneseo and own a company registered and operating in the US. I have created a freelancer account in order to create an Agency account on Upwork under the name of my company so we can work on Upwork as well. My company address and address on my account are the same. So, wanted to know what kind of documents I can utilize to verify my ID? As we are willing to bid on 'US Only projects' as well.

Kindly, Upwork moderators and active members help me with this as we are working with a tight deadlines.

petra_r
Community Member

Arif L wrote:

I am a Non-US citizen based in Geneseo.

Do you actually physically live in Geneseo and are currently there? With all the necessary paperwork such as work permits etc? 

Arif L wrote:

As we are willing to bid on 'US Only projects' as well.

Do all your agency members also reside in the USA? (Only those physically living in the USA may work on "US only" projects)

Hi Arif,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jaygreen30
Community Member

I've taken a very clear picture of my license with proper lighting, DPI, file size, etc yet it keeps telling me it can't identify my identity when uploading the image

Hi Josh,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
r_rafferty
Community Member

I uploaded my drivers license, however, the auto response is I cannot be verified or authenticated.

What is next step to correct.  I don't see any direct contact for support.

Thanks

Robb

Hi Robert,

One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you directly in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b679c8ed
Community Member

Hello,

I have submitted my DL, but I'm having issues getting it verified. I've sent it a few times now. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcella,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
806821c2
Community Member

I need some help verifying my identity. I've maxed out the number of tries for the online verification and now I can't even find the link. Can someone help? Thanks,

-Sohaib

Hi Sohaib,

~ Joanne
Upwork
mslischellg
Community Member

Cant make proposals cause of I.D. verification.

marthabenning
Community Member

Could someone from Upwork contact me please? I need to open a support ticket. I can't ask for help here as it includes personal information, and none of the 'contact us' buttons are working on my laptop or mobile. Thanks.

I have a message on my account telling me to open a ticket but when I click it, it just goes through to FAQs.

Martha, you can tell us what your question is. You don't need to specify personal contact information.

Yes upwork is not letting me verify my location and I need to talk to them.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sametra and Martha.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks I submitted the extra documents yesterday. Can you let me know how long it will take to resolve? Thanks.

Hi Martha,

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up directly on your ticket and our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gbaldwin105
Community Member

Do you know why the system won't upload my driver's license from a USA state?

Hi Genevieve,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9716ab2
Community Member

Hi, I also have this problem where my state ID is unable to be verified. I could also provide my EAD card if someone can reach out to me with a support ticket. Thanks! 

Hi Mengqi,

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Genevieve,

I've read for some onboarding experiences that after a couple of tries it works.

If issue persists, open a ticket. Upwork Suport and Staff will figure it out for you.

regards, 

gbaldwin105
Community Member

MY USA, STATE DR. LIC WON'T UPLOADED, WHY?

Hi Genenieve. 

Try again, at least 3 times or open a  support ticket. Support and Team Staff are for help complete your verification. 

regards,

Mike Navarro, 

kaimarsh
Community Member

There is no option to upload my EAD and the only other IDs I have are a UK passport and UK provisional driving license. To clarify, I am trying to verify in the US.

Is there any way to contact support and verify that way?

Hi Kai,

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b443fc3
Community Member

The verification system definitely has some flaws. For I have now been trying to verify my ID for three hours. I have changed formats checked the MB sized an DPI size... It still will not accept. Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. All requirements for the image are met and it is still saying they are not. 

Hi Serenity,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that your verification completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
itsmetim9
Community Member

I created upwork account and tried to upload my ID. But it says it could not be accepted and I tried maximum allowed times. tough I just tried once.

Please help

Hi Tim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bluewaterink
Community Member

Hi Support,

So I tried to verify my ID again because Upwork asked me to.

I uploaded a clear JPEG, your system failed to recognize my ID and so I got an email saying my account was put on hold - so now I am unable to apply for any potential jobs.

Can anyone help?

Best,

Adam

Hi Adam,

~ Bojan
Upwork
f2311878
Community Member

Hi guys!

I've created my Upwork profile but when I got to the ID verification, I exceeded the number of times I was allowed to try and upload. I was redirected to speak with a bot with no help as to what I should do next. Without the ID verification, I cannot apply to gigs. Can anyone help with this? Does Upwork have an actual email for customer support?

Thanks in advance!

Gina

Hi Gina,

Thanks for reaching out. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
arimorik
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community! 

I'm new here and saw a couple of jobs that seemed relevant. I went to submit a proposal and uploaded a picture of my Driver's License to verify my ID and received a notice from Upwork that they were unable to verify and I don't see any option for me to resolve or attempt uploading again. Do you have any insight on how I can get my ID verified so I can begin submitting proposals? Thanks so much!

Hi Ariella,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
shakya_shreejana
Community Member

Hello 

I tried verifying my Id using my driver's license but it said unfortunately, we couldn't authenticate your the Id you Uploaded and now the account is locked. 

My questions is how do I get my account verified ? I can't find a place where I can upload it again. Help!!

I believe the issue is due to my last name that recently changed after marriage, my account was setup months ago using my maiden last name but the ID I used had the new last name. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Shreejana,

I've escalated your concern to the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths