🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to get new ID, but I have a birth ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
berniemuniz
Community Member

I am trying to setup my Upwork and it did not accept my drivers license picture. I need to clear this up but I don't know how since now my account won't allow me to do new jobs.

It is telling me "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID" but I haven't been in my account forever ago and now I am updating everything it allowed me once to upload.

What can I do to fix this and verify my account asap?

Hi Bernadette,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. I really need to get this verified so I can work. If someone could contact me ASAP.

Thank you.

Hi Bernadette,

I have followed up with our team about your concern. The email will be sent out shortly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b679c8ed
Community Member

I need my drivers license  approved. 

Hi Marcella,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alexisriley
Community Member

Reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. What do I do about this?

Hi Alexis,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
woodwardcoe
Community Member

I tried submitting my driver's license and made sure it was clear, but got rejected and now can't submit to any jobs. Is this the best place to get that fixed? Thank you!

Hi Colleen,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with the verification. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elicia_mailhiot
Community Member

I tried uploading my ID (drivers licenses and am now receiving an error message that I’ve reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. It’s saying that I need to contact customer support, but we all know that’s practically non-existent. I also have my first offer pending that I don’t think I can accept until I get my ID verified. So frustrating! Someone help please!

Hi Elicia,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jo_fleischer
Community Member

I attempted to submit a U.S. Passport and received a message telling me that my ID could not be verified. I don't understand why this happened as I believe I followed all the instructions as listed, and I want to know how to appeal my case, get verified and remove the hold that has been placed on my account. Is there a way to get some kind of manual verification to double check my ID?

Hi Alyssa,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Nikola,

There is no verification currently being required because when I attempted to verify, the submission failed. I am unable to submit proposals to jobs because the algorithm rejected my passport photo, I have a hold placed on my account, and I am not being given the option to verify properly. I attempted to file a support ticket and was continuously redirected here to the forums instead. How can I get my passport verified and start working?

Hi Alyssa,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3844f74a
Community Member

Kind of confused...I uploaded a photo of my New Hampshire driver's license and it was rejected. Now I can't upload it again and I received an email restricting access to my upwork account. How do I fix this?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ky_m
Community Member

PLEASE ADVISE

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ky_m
Community Member

**EDIT. not "Location verification". My error actually says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support"

And support has not gotten back to me.

Hi Kylie,

I checked and can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding your verification. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reply directly to your ticket as soon as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to update your ticket with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
sueraazdesign
Community Member

Hello! can you help me with the following? My profile says that I have tried to verify my identity many times,

this is because I was trying to verify my identity with a US employment permit card

apparently this document was not accepted by upwork, as they only accept driver's license.

I already have my driver's license and could verify without problems. But I don't have the option enabled. Could you help me to enable this option? or to verify my identity via call or web cam.

Hi Sue,

~ Bojan
Upwork
c91a4ae2
Community Member

I am having the same issue with "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." AFTER I've already been verified via Upwork's video call. My name has the verified badge but I cannot accept a client proposal. 

Hi Brian,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our agents will reach out to assist you directly via a support ticket in completing your verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
simgeezy33
Community Member

I'm tryna  verfiy my ID also I really need help this how Louisiana's ID are shaped. Please help me

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Upwork Community, Gerald!

As a gentle reminder, please refrain from attaching or posting any personal identifiable information as the Upwork Community is a public forum, and accessible to users who are not logged in on Upwork. 

Regarding your concern, it looks like you are trying to verify your identity. I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
evanbrodev
Community Member

Hi there!

I needed to upload my Driver License for submitting proposals, but I have Tx Driver License and I am only Oxford, PA temporarily.Please check my issue and solve it asap.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Evan

Hi Evan,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly in completing your location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bill-robinson55
Community Member

Because of CoVid, California has suspended issuing driver's licences but are simply extending their life without issuing new cards.

This means that Upwork will not accept my current license because it has an expired date on it.

Am I going to be unable to bid for work until the pandemic is over and done with?

Hi Bill,

No worries! We are making exceptions for cases like this. Please try uploading your ID and using 2021 in the expiration date. Our team will review and reach out to you if there are any issues.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dredigital
Community Member

I can't even begin.  How can I reset this or get my ID verified a different way?

Capture.PNG

Also, is this "contact customer support" or is there a customer support?

Hi Andre,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
vivianobrien27
Community Member

Im a freelancer and tried to upload a picture of my my drivers license to verify my ID so I could submit a proposal and it kept saying my ID couldnt be verified and that the names didnt match? my name has an apostrophe so I removed the apostrophe and tried again and it still was unable to verify. I believe my drivers license picture was very clear so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Hi Vivian,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
gmannyisback
Community Member

I really need help here. I have been trying to set up my Upwork account but it is roadblocking me because my ID card is expired. I tried to schedule an appointment with my local DMV and the next appointment is 4 months out (and they are only accepting appointment only customers). I really want to start working some freelance jobs to supplement my income due to COVID related reasons and to build experience in the digital marketing/video production/ graphic arts departments and this ID issue is a huge roadblock for me. Is there any way I can send a photo of both my ID and my birth certificate to customer support? This whole fiasco is a huge roadblock in my pursuit of freelance work. Thank you for reading my inquiry and I am excited to get a response back. 

That's a difficult situation but only Upwork customer service can guide you about that. You can talk to them via live chat and see if they can accept that. 

I tried reaching customer service but it was only a bot. I don't know how to reach a live agent.

Hi Garren,

~ Bojan
Upwork
mandi-nicol
Community Member

Hello, due to COVID the MVAs in my state were closed (Maryland). My ID is expired but still accepted due to the state of emergency. However, when I scan my ID to begin my account the program will not accept because it is "expired" in the ID. How do you recommend I proceed?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths