🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Thank you for reaching out to us, Amanda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
troybuddy81
Community Member

Trying to get help verifying myself, says I have too many verification attempts.

Hi Troy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
f8744604
Community Member

Hello, I am uploading my driver license but Upwork is not able to verify my ID. Additionally what is the process to use a name different than the one on my ID? For example if your ID says William but you go by Bill. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. You cam try using a common name variation and our team will inform you if it's acceptable. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your bank or payment account name.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6748b3c6
Community Member

Hi there, I am trying to verify my ID by uploading a photo of my driver's license. I've made multiple attempts but the system says there's a problem and to try again later. My photo isn't blurry, I haven't edited it, all 4 corners are visible, and it is a PNG. Is there someone that can manually verify it for me as the system seems to be not working?

Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vesilstudios
Community Member

So, no matter what I do there is no option to contact customer service. Upwork fails to verify my account, tried everything, and now I have discovered that they have removed their contact customer support option.

Hi Matthew,

I checked and it looks like you are referring to completing the location verification process. I've requested the help of our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
steinhm
Community Member

It just shows the 'submit proposal' button as grayed out. 

Hi Hannah,

Try re-login and try to submit again, It will be visible then.

Kamarudheen C wrote:

Try re-login and try to submit again, It will be visible then.

No, it will not. That won't verifiy her profile.

1f32be23
Community Member

Hi Hannah

1.do you have enough connects to make proposal?

2. please re-login and refresh your browser .

3. remove cash history on your browser.

4. if it is not working , please constact with upwork support team.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ppetra
Community Member

I am not able to change my address and I've moved. Is there anyone I can contact to change this?

Hi Paula,

I've requested the help of our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ppetra
Community Member

Trying to upload my ID and keep getting an error to try again later. Can someone please manually check my ID? Thanks

olivialawrence
Community Member

I uploaded a picture of my drivers' license (following all the requirements) and it keeps getting rejected (says my name on my ID doesn't match the name on my account). Well, my names DO match. Anyone else with a hyphenated last name have this problem? How did you fix it. I can't figure out how to submit a support ticket and there's no indication that it will be reviewed by a human.

Hi Olivia,

~ Bojan
Upwork
shauncodes01
Community Member

My account has been approved, but I can't place a bid. I got this message.

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."
I was trying to do id verification, but I can't find this item ( I can see it in the tutorial ) on my account.

Hi Xiong,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
mikecroteau
Community Member

I am attempting to upload a drivers license to the site but had problems. Now I am not able to at all. What can I do? There is no email address or live chat for this. Please help. Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
jake-savage
Community Member

Im trying to verify my profile by uploading an ID. I've followed all the guide lines but these image isnt being accepted. Is there another form of verification I can try?

Hi Jakob,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
tmarionjr
Community Member

How can I get in contact with someone regarding my account. Upon creating my account, the website told me to upload a photo of my id. I did that however it was not read properly and now I cant do anything. Please assist

Hi Todd,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Am also having this issue right now. Would appreciate some help.

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b2bcopywriter21
Community Member

I recently attempted to upload a copy of my ID (driver's license), and your system rejected it, even though it has all the right information on it. I need a resolution to the issue. Can you help?

Hi Michael,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1377dc61
Community Member

Hi! I was trying to verify my identity with a Driver's License. I just applied for ID renewal and I did not get a physical card yet. However, I have a temporary notice that says that I have a valid ID. Please let me know what I can do. I do not have another form of ID and I don't know how soon I will get a physical card.

Hi Sergei,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
f_patric
Community Member

I got above message from upwork. I tried 3 times, so I am limited.

I took a screenshot again, but I can't find the option to upload my passport again.

Who can help me kindly?
Thank you!

Hi Feig,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikola much appreciated. 

smokenmirrors
Community Member

Upwork is now blocking me from applying for work because all of a sudden they doubt my identity, like we are in some bad spy movie. Ok whatever, but you guys don't even have a button on your mobile phone app to do that. So how can you ask me to do something when you don't even kow how to do it ? Should I just go to DMV old school or what? I just want to apply for the  gigs (remeber same gigs that YOU make money off of, yeah those).

So how do I verify my identity did you guys figure it out yet? I am asking administrators of course.

Huge level of confidence and pretentiousness to ask for an ID or passport but not huge level of coding knowledge  where you would actually have a button that says VERIFY ID. 

Hi Vanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much Aleksandar, I trully appreciate that. 

76d1b12d
Community Member

I need to verify my Identity, it's telling me to contact customer service but there is no wy to contact them. Can someone please help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths