🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Identity Verification issue
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Britney,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
militell
Community Member

I'm getting an error message saying I can't Submit a Proposal because I've maxed out the number of times to upload an ID.  I have no idea where to find out WHERE to do this.  I've looked everywhere on this site.  WHERE do I upload an ID?

Hi Michael,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
lrfletcher
Community Member

Verification keeps failing, citing my name on ID being incorrect, kicks back a positive after reversing my first and surnames, then fails for not meeting photo standards. Attempting workarounds for the last week, no contact from support.

Edit: fails photo standard lockout after something around 10-15 attempts over the week, all within the file size, DPI, and layout ranges.

Whatever code you guys are using, it sucks, and the problems date back to eLance.

Hi Lance,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f6c16c6d
Community Member

I am a US citizen currently in India. I do not have any taxes in India. How do I change my address? Since it doesn't let me do it so I can put my tax info from USA and start working.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sidhant,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
greatlakesedit
Community Member

The system is failing to verify my ID and the only support option is a public post here in the community forum.  I cannot even message a moderator.  Can someone please help? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jenny.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not British, but they want me to prove I live in UK. How can I do? My passport is not accept.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Francesco.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
glennhefley
Community Member

The photo ID function isn't accepting the pics from my ID. Can email this to someone? Please advise.

Hi Glenn,

~ Joanne
Upwork
chilin0412
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

I created my account some time ago and didn't use it and am now trying to set it up again. I have this notice at the top of my screen and can't submit to any jobs. I've been going through the support articles and it states that I need to verify my identity in my Upwork Settings, but the "Identity Verification" tab doesn't appear in my settings. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chi,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay, great. Thanks!
9f5589b5
Community Member

My account was put on hold after I uploaded my ID. What do I do to resolve this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christopher.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6ff6d903
Community Member

Hi, I'm an international students in the U.S., and I want to a be freelancer. But when I submit a proposal it shows that I need to verify my ID, the question is I only have my country's passport, United States visa and United States Social Security Number. Is it possible that I can use one of these IDs to verify my identity?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tianying,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally, they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card. Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to advise about it legally.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
paulinaamoon
Community Member

Hi! My name is Polina. Currently I am living in the US and have a permission to work. I got my Employment Authorization Card to prove my ID but you do not have an option for it. What should I do?

Hi Polina,

~ Joanne
Upwork
hanna-larsson
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am trying to verify my identification so I can start submitting proposals but every time I try with my driving license but it says each time that it is not able to verify at this time. Does anyone have any ways around this? Really hoping to start working ASAP. 

Thank you

Hi Hanna,

We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
vjengcomputers
Community Member

Hi,

Can some moderator help me?

I recently tried to upload my driver's license.

It failed and now I cannot enter my account.

Need Upwork to look at my picture and say it's ok.

Hi Victor,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I got a support ticket in my email, but when i click the support link in the email, the screen hangs.

I clicked your "here" button and the exact samething happens.

I responded also by replying to the support ticket email, but no one answers.

How can I chat with someone in support@upwork.com?

I need to reset my identification verification.

My account is frozen.

dean_pangelinan
Community Member

Back in November, I submitted a high-resolution scanned version of my California Driver's License for identity verification, but you rejected it for some unkown reason.

This was the message that I got: 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Well, I'm sorry but this is neither sufficient for an explanation, nor is it satisfactory!

How am I supposed to GET my identity validated, and how am I supposed to attempt to compete for work on your site if I can't do THAT?

And, please don't say "our agents will reach out to you if there is a need."

I have the NEED to get my identity verified so that I can compete for projects!

Hi Dean,

~ Joanne
Upwork
erichtrump
Community Member

I am an American living abroad. Is this why I am not allowed access to American advertisements ? Most of the announcements suited to my talents are from people located in the USA, but it seems I am not allowed to respond to the announcements originating in the USA? Why is this? 

Hi Eric,

I checked, and it looks like you have already completed the location verification process. The process allows for periodic travel, so if we've been able to confirm you are in the U.S. you'll still be able to submit proposals for jobs where the client is requesting only U.S. freelancers, even if you travel. It will then be up to you and your client to determine whether your travel schedule affects your ability to meet their job requirements.

~ Joanne
Upwork
769f4b84
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity but I am having troubl. It keeps telling me to select a different type of ID. I tried using my California ID, and a Passport ID card. At first it says unable to verify the type of ID, but then if I go back to try again, it says the verification is in process and can take 1 business day. I  left this alone since Tuesday 3/9/21, it is now 3/12/21 more than one business day later, and still nothing. Cant find a way to get in touch with support. So difficult to find a person to chat with or a support email. Im frustrated. Can anyone help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthony,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
stephwesley
Community Member

Why can't I submit proposals? I keep getting this error message:

This link has expired

Please contact customer support to receive a new URL. The URL will be active for 30 days.

Somewhere it was suggested that it's because I need to verify my identity? I thought I'd done that. Now I can't find where to do that. I tried signing up for Plus to see if that helped, it did nothing. I'd really love to use this site, but so far it has been quite difficult to do so! Please help!

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble sending proposals. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
adsimien
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID. My ID could not be verified. My page doesn't give me another option to upload my ID again. What do I need to do?

Hi Andria,

~ Joanne
Upwork
drdlthomas
Community Member

Hello,

I tried uploading my ID multiple times and it would not take. Finally, I got it to upload correctly and I received the message that my name did not match and that I was locked out/put on a hold. I no longer see the option to upload my ID. The only thing differnet on my ID is that I do not have a title (Dr.) on it becuase it's a Ph.D. How can I try to do this again? 

Hi Dr. Danisha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
charlotteme
Community Member

During my profile verification process, I reached the max number of u]uploading attempts. What can I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths