🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Identity verification help (maximum tries...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Shey,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
aspiring_artist
Community Member

Hello! I just joined Upwork and I tried to post my ID, but it would verify it and now my account is disabled? What should I do now?

Hi Chen,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sublockdown
Community Member

I attempted to upload my ID for verification, and it would just fail saying there was an issue. Now I am told I have tried too many times, and need to contact support, which the support bot just says to come here. 

Hi Anthony,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fatimaqu
Community Member

Hi,

I recently tried becoming an active freelancer here on upwork. The portal asked me to upload my ID for verification.

Upon doing that, it quickly failed verification and now says that I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.

I dont understand, since the document that I uploaded was VERY clear and I have only tried it once.

Please help.

Hi Fatima,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Upwork asked me to verify my identity by uploading my driver's license, which I did in a very clear scanned image.

It automatically rejected it, and is now saying that i have exceeded the number of attempts to upload the  verification documents. i am not sure what to do, the account is on hold

Hi Fatima,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification process and provided additional information. Please try using the link provided in your support ticket to submit your documents. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
coleman-amy
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm new to UpWork. I am being asked to verify my ID. Not a problem. I've uploaded my driver's license and your system won't accept it. The system won't tell me what is wrong and has placed a hold on my account. How do I get the hold-off and the system to recognize my ID? HELP! Please!! 

Thank you, 

Amy

Hi Amy,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sambar1991
Community Member

When I go and try to look and apply for a job I see posted this comes up. I clicked on Contact customer supoort but a chat bot came up and didn't have an answer for me but to post here. If you could please help me figure this out that would be great so I can find some side jobs. 

Thanks

Capture.PNG

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, will this be by email? Because I haven't received anything.

Hello Stephanie,

I have followed up with the team and they will reach you via support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can check and respond to the ticket from your registered email address as well

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
catherinebmedia
Community Member

Hello! I tried to upload my ID and it kept saying that the name didn't match my Upwork account name, even though it did.. Now it's saying i've reached the maximum amount of uploads.

Hi Catherine,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
clark-charlotte
Community Member

Hi I am trying to submit my Id. I'm taking a perfectly clear, square on photo and it says it isn't meeting specifications.

I've now maxed out my attempts. Can anyone help with this. Thanks

Lottie

Hi Charlotte,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
s_slomsky
Community Member

I’m having issues uploading my I’d. I followed the instructions. Tried chat, was not helpful in any capacity.

Hi Shiloh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jwall729
Community Member

Hi.  I have uploaded a picture of my license twice and it is not accepting it.  I don't know what else to do at this point?  Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

~ Bojan
Upwork
najlaalm
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. every time I upload my ID, I receive a message saying someything went wrong.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Najla.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jdquirk
Community Member

ID issues. Can anyone help?

JVQ

Hi James,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
alihart20
Community Member

Hello, I have uploaded my id several times and it keeps telling me that the name is mismatched which it is not.   Now it will not let me keep trying, what is the issue? 

Hi Alexandra,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dalelynn
Community Member

Nothing I upload to verify my id is being accepted. I am uploading large (but not too large) .png files with 300 dpi. I have cleared my cache. I have tried uploading in other browsers. I have even changed my profile picture multiple times to make it easier to match with my id photo. I was getting a generic message:

We had some trouble verifying your ID

Sorry, we’re having some trouble analyzing the image of your ID at this time.Please try again later.

Then it was telling me that I had the wrong file type, and now it's telling me that I'm uploading the wrong type of document, even though I'm uploading my driver's license. I would greatly appreciate some help.

Hi Dale,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jbaker68
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to submit a job proposal because it is telling me that I have reached the maximum number of tries uploading my ID. My Upwork account was working fine six months ago but I am running into this issue now. When I go the the customer support page I don't see anywhere where I can submit a support ticket. 

upwork support ticket.PNG

Hi James,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jscicchitano2
Community Member

Hello,

I attempted to bid for a project, but I was notified that I am unable to submit proposals until I have uploaded my ID to verify my identity. When I tried to upload my ID, I encounter an error message saying that I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID and must contact customer support. 

Are there any moderators that may help me upload my ID and verify my identity?

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Capture.PNG

Hi Joe,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
liztrumata
Community Member

Hi, I tried to verify my ID but it says I have reached the maximum amounts of trying and need to contact support. Can I please get help? 

Hi Rodellisse,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
198saurabh
Community Member

I am unable to submit a proposal on my Freelancer profile. Its greyed out. The error message says: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Kindly help.

Hi Saurabh,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
softsquarellc
Community Member

I think i have tryed multiple times, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."
Can i provide the bank statement or my paypal satement as a proof. IF you want i can also show  my EIN number which is under my name. Kindly help me to verify by using these options. Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths