🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: verify my Identity
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Jenna,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
123wego149secure
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and I was trying to submit a form of identification to begin a job. However, I couldn't get it to work and my account is now on hold.

I think I know now how to submit my ID correctly, but I don't know how to request another attempt to verify my identity.

I searched all over the Upwork website to find a way to reach out for help, and it seems like this forum is the best place to do it.

I hope someone can help, thank you.

Hi Elizabeth,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
kbaior
Community Member

Hello

I tried to verify my ID too many times.
Please advise thank you

Kelcie Baior

Hello Kelcie,

One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
kbaior
Community Member

Hello I have not heard anything yet

Hi Kelcie,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've followed up with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
marilaz
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to verify my identiy however I just got a message saying 

"You've reached the maximum allowable tries, contact support". How should I move forward? 

Hi Marisol,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elizabethpg
Community Member

Hello, I have tried to verify my ID and my name does match the ID, but the automatic verification is telling me it is not a match. 

Hi Elizabeth,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
dccast
Community Member

Hello,

I was prompted to provide an ID photo for account verification. After upload I was told that the verification failed and that my account has been put on hold. I have not been provided any next steps to properly verify my account, nor do I have an "Identify Verification" tab on my profile to start a visual verification.

What do I do? Thank you!

Hi Daniel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
majidshirazy
Community Member

Hey 

My verification has been failed, how can I resend my gov ID and get verified?

Hi Majid,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
blake-steen
Community Member

Hello, I was unable to get my ID verified on Upwork, and now my account is suspended. I tried uploading a picture of my Driver's License but it did not work, and now I'm getting the message, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Can you help me with getting my ID verified? Thank you!

Hi Christian Blake,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for your message! I received instructions in a follow up email
like you said. Have a good night!
x3krystenx3
Community Member

Hi,

I was married recently so I changed my name on upwork. The issue is that I tried to upload my state ID so many times that it won’t let me upload it anymore. It keeps saying it’s not the right identification but it’s literally a state ID, which is one of the forms of ID that’s supposed to be accepted. I’m not sure what to do, as this is my only source of income.

Hi Krysten,

~ Joanne
Upwork
dorothyeads
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to upwork and uploaded my US license and received an email that my license wasnt verified and that a hold was put on my account. Any way I can get some help to get my profile up and running so I can make proposals? I have verified everything else. Thanks a million!

Best,
Dorothy E

Hi Dorothy,

~Andrea
Upwork
funnelfairy
Community Member

Hello,

I was asked to submit a photo ID. I did. My account was locked down immediately.

I'm not sure of the cause because. this is my ID, a new account, etc.

Is there any way I can expedite the review process? It's a legal ID, a legal address... I'm guessing this is some sort of failure of the verification process, but I would like to submit proposals.

Hi Ami,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
pandal0ver02
Community Member

I need to change my name on my profile to match my ID but it hasn't been changed. I went to add my Kansas state ID but it is not accepting my ID and now I have reached my maximum attempt to add my ID and now it is locked. How can I get this issue corrected?

Hi Enaly,

~ Joanne
Upwork
ksleonrd
Community Member

Hello,

I am having trouble uploading my ID it said it could not verify. Please help

Hi Kara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
steinhm
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID to verify my identity and it just didn't work and said I have completed the maximum number of attempts to upload my ID. I have no idea what went wrong and it won't let me try again. How can I solve this? I'm not sure why it wasn't accepted to begin with, but I'm getting frustrated there seems to be no way around this. 

I look forward to your assistance.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much! 

pbtripp94
Community Member

I got an error that I made too many tries uploading identification I'd like to verify

Hi Bree,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
james0215
Community Member

Today I joined Upwork hearing this platform is the best one for freelace developers.

I was asked to upload my ID card so I did that but was failed several times.

I think I uploaded a proper one that matches with the requirement, again it's the very one I used while verifying my LinkedIn profile.

What's the next step for me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shaho121
Community Member

I also have the same problem  . help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shahen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
javahollow
Community Member

I've been struggling to get my ID verified for a week. My profile name matches my ID exactly, but when I try to upload the picture, it says it doesn't match. It locked me out of trying once already last week, and support reset my attempts but said that I only get 3 attempts at a time, and that if it still didn't work, to contact support again before I try all 3 times. It still isn't working and I have 1 attempt left. I contacted support again last week like they told me to, but I haven't heard back and I'm unsure what to do. Any help would be very appreciated, I have all of the required stuff to verify my identity if someone could please help me get this fixed. Thanks.

Hi Brittany,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

Everything was okay, until I tried to upgrade to a paid membership, then the system asked me to upload my id again, and this time it did not go through and it has now stopped me from submitting proposals. Support has been very unresponsive.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths