🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Maximum attempts reached on identity veri...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Muhammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cardwell-tyler
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID but recived an email saying 
"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded."
I have tried to follow links prvided by the support bot but the links seem to be old and dead. Is there an actual human available to help?
Thank you

Hi Tyler,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cardwell-tyler
Community Member

I also have the same issue. Can I get some assistance as well?

jaycorsha
Community Member

I'm just trying to get my ID verified to start putting in Job Proposals. I've reached the maximum number of attempts and need to verify my ID through customer support. Can a moderator please help me with this?

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

My account was put on hold because they could not authenticate the ID that I uploaded to the site. What are the steps I can take to fix this? Are there next steps, or do I just have to wait for Upwork to get back to me?

Hi Jacqueline,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please reply directly to your ticket with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
keymiancrisp
Community Member

I am unable to summit my ID and it is telling to me contact a support agent 

Hi Keymian,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
abanitto1
Community Member

I tried uploading my U.S. Military ID to verify my identity because my civilian drivers license is expired. How can I get my identity verified?

Hi Austin,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
j_charles
Community Member

Hi, 

can anyone help.

I was trying to upload a picture of my id to verify my location and it says I have reached my maximum number of attempts. 

Thanks.

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having same issue also
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID

Hi Grace,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having a similar issue. I tried uploading my ID and got a message saying my name does not match the name on my ID. 

Hi Yao,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
davidsimpson377
Community Member

Hi,

When I tried to bid on project, it asked to upload ID.

So I uploaded photo of my ID several times, but it kept failing and finially it says I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload ID.

Because of this, I can bid on the project.

Could anyone help to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Hi David,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
00e4b66f
Community Member

Good day everyone, and my apologies for taking away your time, but I have a serious trouble.
My ID was rejected twice, despite the photo seemingly meeting all the requirements. As a result, my account's most important functions were suspended.
I have already tried to apply the ticket via "contact the support agent" form. However, it simply redirects me to FAQ section, preventing me from selecting and filling the form.
Is it possible to verify (and unblock) my account, considering the situation? Sorry again for wasting your time, but without support agent contact form, community discussions are the only place to ask such a question.

Hi Mary,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. You can access your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
00e4b66f
Community Member

Hello.
Yes, seems like it was created after I've contacted the support via e-mail.
Thank you for your help; I hope that ID verification trouble will be solved in the near time.

06e08e25
Community Member

Hello! I am not a US citizen, I am just living in the US for now. I tried to verify my ID but something went wrong. I am originally from Turkey and I tried to upload my Turkish ID. I can't submit a proposal to jobs because of that reason. Can you please tell me how can I fix this problem asap? I am waiting for your reply. Thank you. 

You don't need to be a U.S. citizen in order to verify your identity and location as a resident of the United States.

You can and should obtain a driver's license or non-driver state identification card. This card will be useful for MANY things beyond simply being able to use Upwork.

Unfortunately, I don't have a drivers license and state identification card either. What should I do to fix it because my account is suspended and I can't submit a proposal now?

Get a driver's license or state identification card and then use them to verify your location and identify.

You are going to need an identification card to do all kinds of things, not just use Upwork. Renting a car. Picking up game tickets at will call. Setting up account at pharmacy. Driving.

You should have gone to the DMV as soon as you arrived in the U.S.

I do not know if you can lift your suspension until you go get your card. Maybe you CAN. Maybe you can use your passport and your utility bills. I don't know. Hopefully someone will come along who knows more about this than I do.

But if you go today to the DMV... and they have fast turn around time, then maybe there is no issue at all. States and offices vary in terms of how fast they can get you a card.

I am so glad for your return with full of advice but it's not helping me to use my account right now it's more about 'how should I handle with my paperworks in USA.' Anyway, I contacted  with the support team by email and I uploaded some documents that they wanted from me. Thanks for your help.

4501e0b2
Community Member

My account is on hold. The chatbot doesn't provide any useful on how to contact someone or open a ticket. I keep seeing the message "To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support"

Hi Maria, 

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d_pakrashi
Community Member

Hey 

I am getting message like I  have reached the maximum attempts to verify My  ID please contact a support agent for further assistance. However How to get connect with a human agent . Chatbot not giving me any resolution.

Hi DEEPANNITA,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
_knighton
Community Member

I assume this is the right place for this, I need help verifying my Gov ID for location purposes. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelvin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
msheini
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot submit my proposals. The message says "you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." I need to resolve this.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Mollie Nugent-Sheini

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mollie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amishsuchak
Community Member

I'm new to upwork and I was supposed to verify my ID to bid on a project. I uploaded a copy of my driver's license but I guess it got declined because it was in a vertical format instead of horizontal? I'm not sure what I can do now. 

Upwork says I need to verify my ID, but when I try to contact support all I get is a robot that leads me in circles. Not sure what I can do here to get someone to verify me.

Hi Amish,

~ Joanne
Upwork
xavieralexis
Community Member

Hello. I tried to upload my ID but it keeps giving me an error and now says I’ve reached the maximum amount of attempts? Please help.

Hi Xavier Alexis,

I checked your account, and it looks like the verification process has been completed successfully already. Could you please check by logging in to your account? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths